Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 12:57 PM   #5641
Lostsaffa
Half Man Half BRP

Oddometer: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy View Post
About 6 day's. I ordered on Thursday and had parts the following Wednesday.

Also got my thrust washer from Honda Aus. What are the chances of them having it in stock, an internal gearbox washer, amazing. Ordered on Monday, had it by lunch time Tuesday.
That's an awesome turnaround time, will certainly be giving them a try once I have the $$$$$
Old 02-20-2013, 11:07 PM   #5642
digga1111
Banned

Oddometer: 3,288
Quote:
Also got my thrust washer from Honda Aus. What are the chances of them having it in stock, an internal gearbox washer, amazing. Ordered on Monday, had it by lunch time Tuesday.
welcome to honda ownership
digga1111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:02 AM   #5643
What's his Face
lost as

Oddometer: 3,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by digga1111 View Post
welcome to honda ownership

yep.. parts come quick coz owners need lots of 'em
Old 02-21-2013, 02:40 AM   #5644
KASUYAHO
Road Hog

Oddometer: 3,454
Quote:
About 6 day's. I ordered on Thursday and had parts the following Wednesday.

Cheers Poppy

Yep it's good how Honda have great backup compared to the lesser brands

Have you had much experience with Mousse tubes ?
KASUYAHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:56 AM   #5645
slickwill
Exhiled

Oddometer: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostsaffa View Post

Thanks Slickwill, this will add integrity to the 1x build for sure - an actual genuine floating rotor that Johnny Campbell raced with on his N2 bike! Plus a US spec front brake with the WC bling :)
Awesome. I was sad to let it go but I knew that I wasn't going to use it anytime soon since I upgraded to a 320mm rotor.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
slickwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:46 PM   #5646
KASUYAHO
Road Hog

Slickwill,

You posted up a pic awhile ago of a part of your bike bolts that were wired
so they don't come loose.

Could you post up a list or pics of the area's that JC / Honda have used wire.
If you could that would be great.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:48 PM   #5647
digga1111
Banned

Oddometer: 3,288
iam probably wrong, but wire is normally an anti tampering measure for scrutineering
digga1111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:56 PM   #5648
KASUYAHO
Road Hog

Thinking about getting one of these

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/north...ols/1011968340
Old 02-22-2013, 12:06 AM   #5649
Sean-0
Closed

Oddometer: 4,142
drop the hammer on this Glenn ...same shit just no leavers another cheap crap
http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/...h-bead-breaker

do it now while its on sale
Sean-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:00 AM   #5650
Lostsaffa
Half Man Half BRP

Oddometer: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by digga1111 View Post
iam probably wrong, but wire is normally an anti tampering measure for scrutineering
There are two types of wire. One is 'wire-locking' and the other is 'tell-tale wire'. Wire locking is to prevent parts coming loose all over the race track and to prevent parts coming off in the first place. Usually wired in a tightening direction. Tell-tale is to alert anyone to the use of something. Mainly used on aircraft to indicate if a vital switch has been operated, primarily to show engineers that whatever was set off needs replacing (ie. flares or fire extinguishers). In Motorsport this can also be for in built fire suppression systems.

Tell-tale is designed to break when tampered with, wire locking is much stronger to try and resist breaking. Apologies for the geeky info, but wire-locking is something I have done too much of :)
Old 02-22-2013, 03:06 AM   #5651
GSXR
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean-0 View Post
drop the hammer on this Glenn ...same shit just no leavers another cheap crap
http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/...h-bead-breaker

do it now while its on sale
That's pretty cheap for a handy bit of kit. Have you got / used one of them Sean? I'm staying old school for now and sticking with the levers on the floor. Bloody good practice for out in the field. A few of my mates have never changed a tyre, so I either get them to come over when I am doing mine or demo on their ones. Good way to earn a carton.

Glenn, I read a write-up somewhere saying these were the go. Supposed to be real durable.

http://www.4enduro.com/mousse-tubes.html

Has anyone here used them? Thoughts?
GSXR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:14 AM   #5652
Sean-0
Closed

Oddometer: 4,142
you thinking mousse as well ... glenn pricked my mind on that ....no i havent got 1 of those changers thingy's .....i hate to say this but i have never had a flat on a motorcycle in my life ...touch wood ...i have however ..changed a few in the yard ....lets say it was an all day event ...but however,i did get the bloody thing on in the end
Sean-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:53 AM   #5653
TB650
Would be Adventurer

Oddometer: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy69 View Post
That's pretty cheap for a handy bit of kit. Have you got / used one of them Sean? I'm staying old school for now and sticking with the levers on the floor. Bloody good practice for out in the field. A few of my mates have never changed a tyre, so I either get them to come over when I am doing mine or demo on their ones. Good way to earn a carton.

Glenn, I read a write-up somewhere saying these were the go. Supposed to be real durable.

http://www.4enduro.com/mousse-tubes.html

Has anyone here used them? Thoughts?

I have tried them the Littswood ones and Pirelli one and end up back with the Michelin ones. More expensive but they last best IMO. Use good lube, not rubber grease but the genuine Michelin lube if you can. They need to be lubed regularly and keep the wheels of the ground when parking the bike for a period of time. Fronts are easy to change, rears you will need that tyre changer.
personally on my XR and the KTM I only run fronts now as heat and speed damages a mousse and they need replacing regularly. On the rear a ultra-heavy duty tube Michelin or Bridgestone will see you through.
Glen I never ran Mousses at Condo, Yellow Mountain or any of the faster events I only used them trail riding, A4DE, club rounds etc. They are confidence inspiring in the rocky going, you just wind the damper up and hold it pinned. Harder to dent rims also as they don’t compress like an air filled tube.
They also seem to last better in Michelin tyres from experience. When I did the 4 day in 2006 we were supported by Maxxis tyres and I had a 2 day old front mousse fail day two. Also most blokes use rim locks with them, I never bothered. They didn’t seem to spin on the rim and even if they did I figured there isn’t valve to rip out.

Good luck

TB
Old 02-22-2013, 03:58 AM   #5654
GSXR
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 720
One memorable day in 2000 on the cape I had to fix 11 flaties. Punters all hit the same sharp edge at speed. Bloody knuckles and pump arm pump. Remind me on the CSR trip to tell you about the 'rock painting' that the boys created to pass time. Hilarious.

Hey I'm bored with my avatar / pic etc. How do I change it? Cant seem to get in the right place.

GSXR screwed with this post 02-22-2013 at 04:05 AM
GSXR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:41 AM   #5655
KASUYAHO
Road Hog

Cheers TB for chiming in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB650 View Post
I have tried them the Littswood ones and Pirelli one and end up back with the Michelin ones. More expensive but they last best IMO. Use good lube, not rubber grease but the genuine Michelin lube if you can. They need to be lubed regularly and keep the wheels of the ground when parking the bike for a period of time.
Why keep the wheels on the ground when parked for a period of time ?

Fronts are easy to change, rears you will need that tyre changer.
personally on my XR and the KTM I only run fronts now as heat and speed damages a mousse and they need replacing regularly. On the rear a ultra-heavy duty tube Michelin or Bridgestone will see you through.
I had issues with the ULTRA heavy duty tubes, being that they get hot
with high speed running, the outer of the tubes seems to rub off and then they start to leak, Robby Turton experienced the same, so run heavy duty tubes.

Glen I never ran Mousses at Condo, Yellow Mountain or any of the faster events I only used them trail riding, A4DE, club rounds etc. They are confidence inspiring in the rocky going, you just wind the damper up and hold it pinned. Harder to dent rims also as they donít compress like an air filled tube.
What do you mean by don't compress like air filled tube ?
Whats the feel.

They also seem to last better in Michelin tyres from experience.
Yep i heard that, matching the inner profile of the tire i believe,
different non matching profile to inner, more movement, more fiction,
more heat etc.
I'll run Desert rear 140/90/18.
HP4 front with a 1.80/21 rim i am thinking, GHR.

When I did the 4 day in 2006 we were supported by Maxxis tyres and I had a 2 day old front mousse fail day two. Also most blokes use rim locks with them, I never bothered. They didnít seem to spin on the rim and even if they did I figured there isnít valve to rip out.

Did you balance the wheel ? not saying that was the problem.

Good luck
Cheers

TB