ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2009, 09:04 AM   #1
woodysrookie OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Cool2 Rampart Range"?

Iknow this isn't pure ADV. riding but it's still fun to go rip up the trails on my YZ two smoker!!!! Is anyone going up there today or tomorrow? I was just looking for more people to go with this summer, even thinking about a organized work party with some of the rangers and a couple of other business's. I've been going up there since i was little and i would be ferious if they took away all the good riding. I think it would be a good idea for ALL the riders to get involved in cleaning the place up atleast once a year,,, cleaning trash, most importantly get trail system that goes one way as to no more bad wrecks like i had,,,and maybe just cleaning and refining the trail system like more jumps for the hard trail, and a better trail for little kids. I dont know just a thought about what is coming, if we can just keep all the idiots out of there it probably would be easier to maintain, but it's still a open park so????

Z
woodysrookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:54 PM   #2
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 17,086
Do you know the gate is closed right now? That is to protect the trails from severe damage caused by heavy water saturation. Please stay out until the gate is opened. Four mile, Texas Creek and Lefthand are all wide open. Some might argue that Lefthand is a bit better than Rampart.

Also, Rampart is not well traveled by the ADV crowd. I love Rampart, but find Fourmile far better and less traveled. Think of Rampart as an ATV park with motorcycles and Fourmile as a motorcycle park with ATV's.

I know that some will disagree on Rampart's condition. Generally speaking, there is quite a bit of deadfall that is not cleared during the off season creating trails around the deadfall creating new trails and more haters. Think of Rampart as an old car. She needs lots of love and has to be treated nicely.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:29 AM   #3
1stworks
dude

Oddometer: 1,608
?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeterPig
Do you know the gate is closed right now? That is to protect the trails from severe damage caused by heavy water saturation. Please stay out until the gate is opened. Four mile, Texas Creek and Lefthand are all wide open. Some might argue that Lefthand is a bit better than Rampart.

Also, Rampart is not well traveled by the ADV crowd. I love Rampart, but find Fourmile far better and less traveled. Think of Rampart as an ATV park with motorcycles and Fourmile as a motorcycle park with ATV's.

I know that some will disagree on Rampart's condition. Generally speaking, there is quite a bit of deadfall that is not cleared during the off season creating trails around the deadfall creating new trails and more haters. Think of Rampart as an old car. She needs lots of love and has to be treated nicely.

gate is closed so cars dont get stuck in snow!!!!

Rampart is open!!! see this
http://rampartrange.org/

ADV crowd???

Ill be down there late afternoon w/ Accpuncture4u on our
ktm 625 ADV bikes.

firstworks

Dont be bitchy
Smile.

1stworks screwed with this post 03-15-2009 at 08:19 AM
1stworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:05 AM   #4
woodysrookie OP
Adventurer

THe gate opens on April 1st. but you can still go up anywhere around there on the bikes. Don't get me wrong i have a lil wr250r i ride on but that thing is toooo small for what i like to do on the trails. I know where four mile is but I'll have to figure out the other two. I mainly ride out by Rainbow Falls but it's not that bad right now at rampart.

See this is my whole point, i've talked to the main rangers up there and they say if they get more help from the "riders" then they would have more money to do better things with. It doesn't help much that a bunch of idiots like to drop their trash everywhere, leave stolen cars up there, and not to mention all the "tourists" look at you like you don't belong there.. I've been up there on the wr and it's not much fun for me to go on flat ground for ever,,,it get's boring. THat's why i am trying to meet "new" people rampart has been the closest, funnest, most technical trails that are in co. to me atleast. that's why i think it would be important for ALL riders to help out with "CLEANING UP" where they ride,, be it picking up the beer can you just ran over, or actually refining the trail.

I know most of everybody on this site rides ADV. big bore four strokes, but there is no where else to talk about this problem we have. Maybe it's not as important to some but if you think about it if you let one slip your mind think about what else we can see diminish.

Just so you know the rangers are planning on checking sound limits now before you can go ride. which is just a sign to what they plan on doing, making it harder for people to ride.

IF there is enough interest in rampart by all riders, then i think it would be great to atleast help out one day of the year to help cleanup the trails, whether it be Rampart, or wherever you like to ride. I don't have anyone to ride my adv. bike with as i like technical off-road better than going 50 straight miles just to go up some rocky ass mountain, don't get me wrong it's just wherever i like to go it's just too technical for a big 1200 opposed twin to go threw with a 66 year old mra veteran. This is why i go and ride my two stroke up at rampart. But i do too have my problems with that place as it's pretty dangerous when someone doesn't give a sh.. and runs into you at 40+

All i am trying to do is find new people to ride with whether it's on my two stroke or busting out my wr to find new trails, i mainly ride that as a sumo bike as i have 19/17's on it now.

Z

Quote:

Old 03-15-2009, 07:27 AM   #5
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 14,852
I rode to Deckers yesterday on the XR and stopped briefly at RR parking area.
It was packed with haul rigs (some atv), and I passed a lot of trucks hauling dirtbikes on their way out (it was late afternoon).
The trails looked to be in great shape from what little I could see, and the area looked in full use.
I was a little confused by MeterPig's "stay away because the gate is closed" thing.... That gate was closed when the area was open when I used to ride up there all the time (many moons ago)
IBA #11735 . 1968-present

Blakebird screwed with this post 03-15-2009 at 07:33 AM
Blakebird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:30 AM   #6
1stworks
dude

Rampart

We try to pick up something every time we go.
Dustin has started fourm about it.

www.betterthanyoufoundit.org At Least 1 piece!

We like to ride late afternoon into the the night.Alot less people
and it easy to see people comming.

firstworks

Dont be bitchy
Smile.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:22 PM   #7
woodysrookie OP
Adventurer

Conditions!!!

I got up there early yesterday and there is pretty mcuh no snow, barely any ice and just a olot of downed trees. I didn't get a chance to talk to a ranger but i will be trying to do some sort of work party up there or at least help at a couple they have going on.

My whole point behind this thread is just to see how much people on here ride where i ride, and try to help out keeping where we all ride available and clean. I know it's been discussed over and over but if we don't do anything to help achieve keeping the good places then what will happen to everything else?

And just so you know they only close the gate so nobody gets stuck up there and they won't have to rescue you in the bad conditions. It will open April 1st if weather is good which looks like it will. Until next time,,,, keep the rubber side down.

z
Old 03-16-2009, 06:44 PM   #8
Olas
the darkness

Oddometer: 3,847
Quote:
Do you know the gate is closed right now? That is to protect the trails from severe damage caused by heavy water saturation.
So..... Am I reading this right? They close the gate so that heavy water saturation doesn't damage the trails?

Read the posts above and find out WHY they close the gate. The trails are open and are mostly dry from what I saw last weekend. If you don't want people riding there when the gate is closed (because it protects trails from heavy water saturation??) why don't you go up there on the weekends and tell everybody that?
Olas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:16 PM   #9
suzypoozie
alpha bitch

Oddometer: 866
I love Rampart and am planning to go next Sunday. :)

Have a dog that needs training?? www.heavenlydog.net
suzypoozie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:30 PM   #10
dillinger09
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 350
Rode behind sprucewood and across the street into rampart last weekend. Conditions were great.

“If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” ~Bruce Lee

"What have we learned in this thread?

People who wear full faced helmets with tinted visors are aliens and can't scare teen aged girls at stop lights."-Fleg
dillinger09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:45 PM   #11
suzypoozie
alpha bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillinger09
Rode behind sprucewood and across the street into rampart last weekend. Conditions were great.
Does the trail continue very far past the top by the power lines? What is that last climb like these days right before the power lines? I've not been over in that part for a while now...

Old 03-17-2009, 06:07 PM   #12
woodysrookie OP
Adventurer

Power Line trail?

On sunday it was great on 690 which is the power line trail,,, it was a lil sloppy and icy on the south side of the hills but it was still doable all the way to where it ends.. Just a little sketchy going down the ice fast, but the sun we've been having should take care of most of it. As long as it's nice everyweekend i will be trying to go up there more this summer.

z
Old 03-17-2009, 06:59 PM   #13
suzypoozie
alpha bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodysrookie
On sunday it was great on 690 which is the power line trail,,, it was a lil sloppy and icy on the south side of the hills but it was still doable all the way to where it ends.. Just a little sketchy going down the ice fast, but the sun we've been having should take care of most of it. As long as it's nice everyweekend i will be trying to go up there more this summer.

z
I actually meant the trail behind Sprucewood Inn.... I can't think of the number and I don't know where my maps are right now...

Old 03-23-2009, 09:54 AM   #14
dillinger09
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzypoozie
I actually meant the trail behind Sprucewood Inn.... I can't think of the number and I don't know where my maps are right now...
Sorry, just saw this. The trail continues on for another mile or so, but no longer continues down to the river (from what i was told, the trail used to head down there.) The trail stops at first fork we came to and both trails were closed. Permanently from the looks of it.

The last climb up to the power lines is rocky and steep

“If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” ~Bruce Lee

"What have we learned in this thread?

People who wear full faced helmets with tinted visors are aliens and can't scare teen aged girls at stop lights."-Fleg
dillinger09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:05 AM   #15
1stworks
dude

look

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzypoozie
Does the trail continue very far past the top by the power lines? What is that last climb like these days right before the power lines? I've not been over in that part for a while now...
Here are a couple vid's i took...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=437616&page=2

firstworks

Dont be bitchy
Smile.