ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 03:03 PM   #1
wadel OP
Not n00b
 
wadel's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Pullman, WA
Oddometer: 100
Went for a ride today

I took my DR for a 50 mile spin today. It did pretty good even without knobbies. I need to get another set of rims so I can keep Scorpion's on one and knob's on the other. Anyone have a set of rims that will fit they are willing to part with?













wadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:35 PM   #2
Rainier_Rider
Gone
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Delete this account.
Oddometer: 1,560
Brrr.
__________________
Delete account.
Rainier_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:40 PM   #3
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister
 
Ladybug0048's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
Oddometer: 10,809
WOW, those are some mighty fine pictures. There's just something about them.

What road is that? Where's it located?
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:00 PM   #4
wadel OP
Not n00b
 
wadel's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Pullman, WA
Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048
WOW, those are some mighty fine pictures. There's just something about them.

What road is that? Where's it located?
Thanks. The pictures taken on the breaks above the Snake are on Baker road (above Wawaiwai). The last picture is the Busby-Johnson road just outside Johnson.
wadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:11 PM   #5
Mr. Vintage
Family Dude
 
Mr. Vintage's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: The Palouse
Oddometer: 850
Cool! I need to check out that area. You should join our next Palouse ride, whenever that ends up being. Spaniard wanted to ride this weekend...
__________________
- Jeff (Mr. Vintage) -
Quota, SL350, MW250, MT250, CT90
Mr. Vintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:20 AM   #6
wadel OP
Not n00b
 
wadel's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Pullman, WA
Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Vintage
Cool! I need to check out that area. You should join our next Palouse ride, whenever that ends up being. Spaniard wanted to ride this weekend...
Thanks. I'll keep my eyes on the Palouse riders thread.
wadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:49 PM   #7
thetourist
Just passing thru
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Moscow, Idaho
Oddometer: 4,056
There is a farm house on the end of a ridge overlooking the Snake, on Baker Rd that looks inviting. I've never gone all the way in because of the no trespassing signs.

This weekend is supposed to be warmer. I'm going to try and get out. No plans on route. Probably in the valley, somewhere.

Maybe time for a hillclimb challenge. Roy is always saying he wants to see how much altitude we can cover going in and out of the valley.
__________________
thetourist
The gate guard glares at me. "It's after curfew." He looks me up and down, "What do you think you are, some kind of ****** tourist?" ..Phu Loi 1969
My Idaho =7893
thetourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:29 PM   #8
clapped_r6
The Spoad Warrior
 
clapped_r6's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Ridgefield, WA
Oddometer: 2,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadel
I need to get another set of rims so I can keep Scorpion's on one and knob's on the other. Anyone have a set of rims that will fit they are willing to part with?
Used wheelsets are hard to come by. Someone is always looking for them.

A useful thread?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=440054

Definitely cheaper, tubeless will be nice for long ROAD trips!
__________________
none of us is as dumb as all of us
clapped_r6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:38 AM   #9
wadel OP
Not n00b
 
wadel's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Pullman, WA
Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetourist
There is a farm house on the end of a ridge overlooking the Snake, on Baker Rd that looks inviting. I've never gone all the way in because of the no trespassing signs.

This weekend is supposed to be warmer. I'm going to try and get out. No plans on route. Probably in the valley, somewhere.

Maybe time for a hillclimb challenge. Roy is always saying he wants to see how much altitude we can cover going in and out of the valley.
It would be nice to ride to the end because I'm guessing you can look both into the Wawaiwai canyon and Snake canyon from there.
wadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:52 AM   #10
wadel OP
Not n00b
 
wadel's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Pullman, WA
Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapped_r6
Used wheelsets are hard to come by. Someone is always looking for them.

A useful thread?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=440054

Definitely cheaper, tubeless will be nice for long ROAD trips!
I saw that thread. I'm mechanically inclined but I'm not sure I'd trust my work enough for something like that. I'll keep my eyes peeled for some stocks or direct fits.
wadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014