ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 09:55 PM   #211
RiverRat
Endless Chores
 
RiverRat's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: Shackled, in a trailer, down by the river, AZ
Oddometer: 3,836
A heads up on Jeff. He had to go back to the hospital. This time Cedars-Sinai. Things went downhill fast and he nearly died. After getting home he started to deteriorate. They found at least one blood clot, ruptured spleen, and a punctured lung full of fluid. He should be home soon.

GalacticGS, dood, you killed that wheel.
__________________
QE infinity not looking so good ....

RiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:21 PM   #212
terranova
slow and steady
 
terranova's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Santa Monica
Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat
A heads up on Jeff. He had to go back to the hospital. This time Cedars-Sinai. Things went downhill fast and he nearly died. After getting home he started to deteriorate. They found at least one blood clot, ruptured spleen, and a punctured lung full of fluid. He should be home soon.

GalacticGS, dood, you killed that wheel.

What happened-- didn't they fix him up right in Ridgecrest? Did you talk to him?
terranova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:20 PM   #213
RiverRat
Endless Chores
 
RiverRat's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: Shackled, in a trailer, down by the river, AZ
Oddometer: 3,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by terranova
What happened-- didn't they fix him up right in Ridgecrest? Did you talk to him?
Apparently Ridgecrest didn't do that great of a job. I talked to him a couple days ago. gonna call tomorrow and see if J is home.
I'll keep you posted.
__________________
QE infinity not looking so good ....

RiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:47 PM   #214
dstock
Adventurer n00b
 
dstock's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Hermosa Beach, CA
Oddometer: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat
Apparently Ridgecrest didn't do that great of a job. I talked to him a couple days ago. gonna call tomorrow and see if J is home.
I'll keep you posted.
Damn...I blew out my spleen in a mountain biking accident and almost didn't make it to the hospital. Can't believe they didn't see that at Ridgecrest, it's kinda hard to miss, he's lucky he made it Cedars.

It takes a bit to get the system back on track but long term spleen issues are rare. Although I don't know him, please give Jeff my best from a spleen-less survivor, there are lots of us out here!
__________________
-----------------------
Dave

"When in doubt, gas it!"

2002 R1150GSA "Fat Bastard"
dstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:56 PM   #215
GalacticGS
1200 GS Rider
 
GalacticGS's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Camas, WA
Oddometer: 2,060
RiverRat - Thanks for the update on Jeff. I think somebody mentioned earlier in the thread that Ridgecrest Hospital might be iffy on care - apparently they were right. Hope Jeff gets better soon!


Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat
GalacticGS, dood, you killed that wheel.
You should have seen it before Joe and Dave pounded it back into a reasonably round shape for me.

Anyways, here's the replacement front wheel (just waiting for tires to be delivered):





And of course, it would be lonely without the matching rear:




__________________
Larry
2006 R1200GS; 2009 Husaberg Rally 570; 2011 Husaberg FE570
www.galacticgs.com
"Speak to me of summer, long winters longer than time can remember;
Setting up of other roads, travel on in old accustomed ways."
GalacticGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:18 PM   #216
JAB
Unsprung Weight
 
JAB's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Beautiful Monrovia
Oddometer: 1,229
Those wheels look very stout! But they're gonna be harder to bash back into shape, no?
__________________
1991 Honda XR628R
1978 Yamaha XT500

JAB screwed with this post 04-07-2009 at 09:39 PM
JAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:59 PM   #217
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat
A heads up on Jeff. He had to go back to the hospital. This time Cedars-Sinai. Things went downhill fast and he nearly died. After getting home he started to deteriorate. They found at least one blood clot, ruptured spleen, and a punctured lung full of fluid. He should be home soon.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB
Those wheels look very stout! But they're gonna be harder to bash back into shape, no?
waytoofunny....hahahaha
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:01 PM   #218
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalacticGS
Anyways, here's the replacement front wheel (just waiting for tires to be delivered):





And of course, it would be lonely without the matching rear:





LARRY, I CAN'T WAIT WHERE YOU'LL TAKE THOSE WHEELS.....
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014