ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 03:23 PM   #421
Brown Dog
North Georgia Dual Sportr
 
Brown Dog's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Calhoun, GA. USA
Oddometer: 1,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoom119
The new tag is located on a major highway headed east beside a major interstate.
Has this been tagged b4 ? Maybe im cornfused.
Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:37 PM   #422
astrachn
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Oddometer: 10
After searching the entire thread, I think you may be confusing this picture with one from the Signal Mountain Cement Company. This is on a major east-west highway.
astrachn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:32 PM   #423
Brown Dog
North Georgia Dual Sportr
 
Brown Dog's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Calhoun, GA. USA
Oddometer: 1,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrachn
After searching the entire thread, I think you may be confusing this picture with one from the Signal Mountain Cement Company. This is on a major east-west highway.
Sorry man. Your right.
Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:10 PM   #424
David R
I been called a Nut Job..
 
David R's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: In Da Swamps of WNY
Oddometer: 2,382
Hi Folks

I am not new to tagging, I do it in western NY a lot. The problem is winter sucks and We (ruafox and I) are thinking of moving to eastern TN. What is it like?

I see the average temps, but how is the humidity? I am sure the riding in the mountains is great.

This morning I checked the weather and its colder there than HERE.

Just looking for some info.

Curious David and ruafox :)
David R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:46 PM   #425
machinebuilder
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: East Tennessee
Oddometer: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by David R
I am not new to tagging, I do it in western NY a lot. The problem is winter sucks and We (ruafox and I) are thinking of moving to eastern TN. What is it like?

I see the average temps, but how is the humidity? I am sure the riding in the mountains is great.

This morning I checked the weather and its colder there than HERE.

Just looking for some info.

Curious David and ruafox :)

I grew up in Alden, and lived in the Hudson valley and Middle TN, I love East TN, the summers can be quite hot and humid but it usually cools down at night, my AC gets turned on in April and turned to heat sometime in October.
the outdoor activities are great, if you really want to see snow go up in the mountains, other wise I don't own a snow shovel

I'll try to anwswer any other questions you have


Dave
__________________
the best thing to buy for your bike is gas.....Neduro
Remote is not found on the coffee table
machinebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:50 PM   #426
machinebuilder
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: East Tennessee
Oddometer: 986
bump, it looks like it will be decent tommorow
__________________
the best thing to buy for your bike is gas.....Neduro
Remote is not found on the coffee table
machinebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:13 PM   #427
Katoom119
Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid
 
Katoom119's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Knoxville, TN
Oddometer: 1,754
How bout a better hint to get people interested. It's a 2-part name, the 2nd part being listed in the original post. The 1st part of the name is from the last name of the person on the first US Postage Stamp. Enjoy!
__________________
Those who dance are considered crazy by those who do not hear the music.
I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world. - Radmacher

5 Cylinders vs. Moab..........My East Tennessee.........Internships may go to Hell and I will go to Alaska
Katoom119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 05:33 AM   #428
SquirrelyGrl
Squirrely Girl
 
SquirrelyGrl's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Victoria Secret green pj's of Ponies & Puppies
Oddometer: 876
2 stamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoom119
How bout a better hint to get people interested. It's a 2-part name, the 2nd part being listed in the original post. The 1st part of the name is from the last name of the person on the first US Postage Stamp. Enjoy!

Technically, there are two first U.S. Postage Stamps.
SquirrelyGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:37 AM   #429
jonesy54 OP
the road less traveled
 
jonesy54's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Monkeytown, TN
Oddometer: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by David R
I am not new to tagging, I do it in western NY a lot. The problem is winter sucks and We (ruafox and I) are thinking of moving to eastern TN. What is it like?

I see the average temps, but how is the humidity? I am sure the riding in the mountains is great.

This morning I checked the weather and its colder there than HERE.

Just looking for some info.

Curious David and ruafox :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinebuilder
I grew up in Alden, and lived in the Hudson valley and Middle TN, I love East TN, the summers can be quite hot and humid but it usually cools down at night, my AC gets turned on in April and turned to heat sometime in October.
the outdoor activities are great, if you really want to see snow go up in the mountains, other wise I don't own a snow shovel

I'll try to anwswer any other questions you have


Dave
I grew up in SC, between Greenville and Augusta and lived in east Texas for 4 years before moving to East TN. Weather-wise, I love East TN. Yeah the summers can be hot but like mb said, it actually does cool down at night. The Tennessee Valley doesnt usually get as much snow as the mountains to the east or the Cumberland plateau to the west.
__________________
100% GPS free, still getting lost the old-fashined way.

one 1989 Transalp (some assembly required)
& an armada of old Jet Skis
jonesy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 03:56 PM   #430
machinebuilder
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: East Tennessee
Oddometer: 986
TAGGED



I forgot the full name but it's the limestone plant in Crab Orchard on hwy 70, commonly seen from I 40 just east of Crossville
__________________
the best thing to buy for your bike is gas.....Neduro
Remote is not found on the coffee table
machinebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 04:00 PM   #431
machinebuilder
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: East Tennessee
Oddometer: 986
The New Tag



Enjoy the ride, it was brisk Today
__________________
the best thing to buy for your bike is gas.....Neduro
Remote is not found on the coffee table
machinebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 04:39 PM   #432
advtenn
Beastly Adventurer
 
advtenn's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: East TN.
Oddometer: 1,336
Thumb

Good job! Ive got to stop lurking this thread and get an account and start tagging.
__________________
bikes guns and shine


"My body thinks my brains gone crazy" ..........Corky McMillian
advtenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:40 PM   #433
SquirrelyGrl
Squirrely Girl
 
SquirrelyGrl's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Victoria Secret green pj's of Ponies & Puppies
Oddometer: 876
Yay someone got it!

That's awesome you got it. I hope the B/f & I can get the next one. There for a while I thought this was turning into a weather thread.
SquirrelyGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:19 PM   #434
daGeeeze
Geeezed lightning
 
daGeeeze's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Baneberry, TN
Oddometer: 1,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinebuilder
The New Tag



Enjoy the ride, it was brisk Today


NOOOOOOOoooooOOOO! I was JUST THERE on Tuesday. Now I'm up in MD in my car. That's SO NOT FAIR. Good tag though.
__________________
"The idea of putting a jet engine on a motorcycle is so stupid it appeals to me." - Jay Leno

Pat aka Geeeze
daGeeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:26 AM   #435
machinebuilder
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: East Tennessee
Oddometer: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by daGeeeze
NOOOOOOOoooooOOOO! I was JUST THERE on Tuesday. Now I'm up in MD in my car. That's SO NOT FAIR. Good tag though.

I hope if I make it easy enough I'll have a new one to go after soon

Maybe I'll even fix a couple things with the new handlebars before I go riding again.
__________________
the best thing to buy for your bike is gas.....Neduro
Remote is not found on the coffee table
machinebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014