ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2009, 06:46 PM   #106
machinebuilder
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy54
Alright here we go. Lets get this thing started and hopefully we start off alot smoother than some of the others. The game is simple, the rules are easy, the goal is to get people out riding. With the goal in mind, please dont make the clues so hard that we have to surf longer on the net than we have to ride to get the tag. So here are the rules .

#1 FILE PHOTOS CAN ONLY BE USED TO PLACE A TAG NOT TO GET THE TAG.
#2 THE PHOTOS OF THE TAG SHALL BE AS CLOSE AS THE PREVIOUS TAG PHOTOS AS POSSIBLE. That means that the tagger needs to make sure that his photo can be shot by anyone on any bike. The taggers bike needs to be in the photo. So I think that if a road is goverment maintained and legal to ride than it is fair game. Gravel or not. Also tell us where the tag was.
#3 NO WHINING ABOUT IT BEING TOO FAR. If you think it is too far go get it and bring it back to your part of the state. Trust me someone will.
#4 TAG MUST BE FINDABLE. If a tag is standing too long you will be asked to post a clue or a new tag. New tag must be posted no later than 24 hrs of the posting of your tag. You will forfeit your tag to the previous tagger. Lets keep the game moving.
#5 HE WHO POSTS FIRST WINS. It dont matter if you got to it first, He who post first wins the tag. Laptops with cell modems and smart phones really help here.
OK I believe that that is it. So lets have fun and ride safe. All rules are subject to change if the larger part of the inmates think that it should change. Lets go play TAG!!

East Tennessee Tag-O-Rama Map!

As I was out riding today I started thinking...I know it's dangerous....maybe there should be a time limit so if there is a standing tag for X time with no interest by anyone in getting it, a new tag is posted.

I know if I had not had things to do this AM I probably could have gotten the current tag, It should be easy enogh to find, I just didn't want to deal with Chattanooga (Maryville was bad enough).

There has to be more people out there than the few on this thread, there's an entire other website for East TN adventure riders.

Wahat do Yall think?
Old 05-23-2009, 08:10 PM   #107
phideaux
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,192
Do u need more hints? Is this tag too hard to fine? What the heck...hope i didnt wreck a good game!
FIDO

Mrs. Phideaux to her octogenarian friend when the granny wants to know if she can sit on one of my bikes:

"It's Okay, they only fall over when HE'S on them."

North GA Tag-O-Rama Map
Georgia Tag-O-Rama Map
phideaux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:36 PM   #108
Willbilly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by phideaux
Do u need more hints? Is this tag too hard to fine? What the heck...hope i didnt wreck a good game!
FIDO
Here's a hint:

GOOGLE WORKS!
Willbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:02 PM   #109
Willbilly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinebuilder
As I was out riding today I started thinking...I know it's dangerous....maybe there should be a time limit so if there is a standing tag for X time with no interest by anyone in getting it, a new tag is posted.

I know if I had not had things to do this AM I probably could have gotten the current tag, It should be easy enogh to find, I just didn't want to deal with Chattanooga (Maryville was bad enough).

There has to be more people out there than the few on this thread, there's an entire other website for East TN adventure riders.

Wahat do Yall think?
Quite dangerous indeed.

I, personally, don't see the point in a time limit. Especially on a tag that is easily found via a web search.

By "I just didn't want to deal with Chattanooga (Maryville was bad enough)" I assume you mean traffic?
This tag really isn't close enough to town for that to be a concern, although on a holiday weekend all bets are off.

Things have slowed down dramatically on all the TORs I'm subscribed to. I guess it's just that time of year when everyone has stuff to do (family, ballfield, church, work, etc.) on the weekends.

As far as the "take it North to get more people playing" sentiment goes; if they have the ability to read this thread, they can also access Google. When someone from the northeastern part of the state decides to man (or woman) up and get the damn tag, he or she can place it as far Northeast as he or she sees fit. It's not our fault that there's a TON of badass riding right here in our backyard that we want to share with our fellow advriders (and lurkers too [sign up already ya forkin fork!] )

rant over

Have fun and be careful this holiday weekend,
Will
Willbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:38 AM   #110
phideaux
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,192
Willbilly, I've been pissed at you for a week or so for holding onto the Georgia Tag for so long. But then I start to read all that's going on with you......the funerals, face-plant, etc. Then I read THIS post.....
Good words...so all's forgiven....no longer pissed. Now go post up a new GA Tag.
Tennessee guys...he's right. We even had one idiot from NW GA go get the GA Tag at Jekyll island and bring it all the way to Cloudland Canyon all in less than 24 hours! What an idiot! You can get this tag without dealing with Chatt traffic!

Mrs. Phideaux to her octogenarian friend when the granny wants to know if she can sit on one of my bikes:

"It's Okay, they only fall over when HE'S on them."

North GA Tag-O-Rama Map
Georgia Tag-O-Rama Map
phideaux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:16 AM   #111
machinebuilder
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phideaux
FIDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbilly
As far as the "take it North to get more people playing" sentiment goes; if they have the ability to read this thread, they can also access Google. When someone from the northeastern part of the state decides to man (or woman) up and get the damn tag, he or she can place it as far Northeast as he or she sees fit. It's not our fault that there's a TON of badass riding right here in our backyard that we want to share with our fellow advriders (and lurkers too [sign up already ya forkin fork!] )

I don't need more hints, its very easy to find with google. Games not wrecked yet

I don't know the Chattanoga area enough to know where the congestion might be.

my comment about moving it north comes from several other peoples comments. Looking back I guess several of them haven't subscribed (at least 2 are in chattanooga), for me the Southern Cherokee forest is where I ride most and like you said there's a TON of badass riding.

I get a little impatient and would like to see more people playing, I don't ride that much and I have gotten 3 out of 10 tags. When I get the next one I'll put one up that ya'll will have to work for.

it's all about having fun GAME ON
Old 05-25-2009, 12:33 AM   #112
TurnerR
Getcha Pull

Oddometer: 280
I will volunteer myself to get the tag when I wake today as long as its not raining. Coming back from the Gap today almost resulted in the losing of my life. It was terrible.... Anywho anyone have any preferences where the new tag should be place? North? And that is only if it is not raining.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:48 AM   #113
machinebuilder
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerR
I will volunteer myself to get the tag when I wake today as long as its not raining. Coming back from the Gap today almost resulted in the losing of my life. It was terrible.... Anywho anyone have any preferences where the new tag should be place? North? And that is only if it is not raining.

I'm not making any suggestions, lets get it somewhere different.

I'm glad you made it back, I was working on my proprety yesterday when I felt 2 drops got the tractor in the barn and the skys opened up, and if that wasn't bad enough the lightning was real close.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:16 AM   #114
jsako3
backwards with time

Oddometer: 17
Mountain Opry, Signal Mountain
Attached Images

jsako3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:23 AM   #115
jsako3
backwards with time

New tag, enjoy!
Attached Images

Old 05-25-2009, 04:02 PM   #116
machinebuilder
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsako3
Being new to the Chatt area, I will likely have zero tags. But thx for the map, I'll put these on my ride list.
Quote:
Mountain Opry, Signal Mountain

Congrats on your first, I have an Idea where this one is but that's about it
Old 05-25-2009, 11:27 PM   #117
joburocks
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Quote:
New tag, enjoy!
gratz on your first tag

got any clever hints for us on this tag?
joburocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:03 AM   #118
jonesy54 OP
the road less traveled

Oddometer: 94
glad to see a little life here again...

I say put the tag where you want to. If there are people in the northern part of the state who are serious about playing they are more than welcome to come get the tag and move it north.

I made thread about this tag a while ago over on tnadvriders.com

if any of yall are on some other TN riders site post up a link there.

one 1989 Transalp
& an armada of old Jet Skis

jonesy54 screwed with this post 05-28-2009 at 03:58 AM
jonesy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:44 PM   #119
jsako3
backwards with time

Quote:
Originally Posted by joburocks
gratz on your first tag

got any clever hints for us on this tag?
It was the site of the last seat of Cherokee govt before their removal by federal troops... or so I've read.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:49 PM   #120
TnVFRrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
Quote:
It was the site of the last seat of Cherokee govt before their removal by federal troops... or so I've read.

That's where I thought it was......now if it'd just quit raining long enough to go get it.
TnVFRrider is offline   Reply With Quote