Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2004, 07:58 PM   #31
Mack
Gone, but never forgotten. RIP, Mack...

Oddometer: 3,797
Ricky, please remove your hands from your fly, and step away from my seat! I thought you were supposed to be gone, do not make me sick James on you, he knows how to use those crutches.......
Old 06-23-2004, 08:12 PM   #32
Ricardo Kuhn
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Oddometer: 12,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack
Ricky, please remove your hands from your fly, and step away from my seat! I thought you were supposed to be gone, do not make me sick James on you, he knows how to use those crutches.......
this will be the old trick,,,,

"Look mami No hands"like any good bicycle racer or a iron butt guy will do
Old 06-23-2004, 08:48 PM   #33
Renazco OP
Formerly AKA Boejangles

Oddometer: 4,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by seh750
I'm VERY interested because the stock 950 seat sucks. But I ride in the rain a lot, how does the suede hold up? Any other wet-weather issues?
Actually suede isn't for everyone but those who have ridden on suede seats can appreciate the characteristics it offers off road. It doesn't weather well at all but scotchgard and other similiar products help prolong it's life.

I also offer other materials such as treated leather specifically made for marine type use or even vinyl which can actually save you $100.00.

Here's a photo of Ricardo's seat which he'll be picking up tomorrow done in black suede for those who are thinking of black as opposed the grey top.

Renazco screwed with this post 06-23-2004 at 08:53 PM
Renazco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 09:01 PM   #34
Ricardo Kuhn
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Quote:
Originally Posted by boejangles
Here's a photo of Ricardo's seat which he'll be picking up tomorrow done in black suede for those who are thinking of black as opposed the grey top.

well I guess after all the PI test is going to need to wait,,
Tomorrow I will perform the SALIVA test as a matter of fact i'm drolling already

awesome work james,remind me of a beutyful latin woman
Old 06-23-2004, 09:25 PM   #35
BigTwin
Adventure Hound

Oddometer: 141
I feel like Pavlov's dog.
Show me the kind seat for my 950 and I start to drool.

Ricardo's a big guy, is this the standard version or the Rallye (tall) version? I'm about 6'-1" with a 34" inseam and I can get the balls of both feet on the ground on my S model. I'm just wondering which would be best for me.

I'll refrain from the potty talk until my seat is ready to ship.

Great work James.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:35 PM   #36
Ricardo Kuhn
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTwin
Roger you are right about that one,but since i plan to be speachless for a few hours,i better talk now..

Quote:

Ricardo's a big guy, is this the standard version or the Rallye (tall) version? I'm about 6'-1" with a 34" inseam and I can get the balls of both feet on the ground on my S model. I'm just wondering which would be best for me.
my seat is a "standing" seat,I have the tendensy to ride seating a lot and we were trying to achive a better transition..

hopefully is not that CraZy tall,,i just to joke with James,that he was making this eat as a "Vengance" for all the tall guys that did not suffer from the short leg sincrome.

personally I don't think is going to be a big deal,the seat as you can see is super narrow at the waist hopefully that will keep my legs as paralel as possible incresing my reach to the ground,,and if all fails,,remenber what Jimmy the god of the dirt say

"Your pants are not made of velcro"

I tell you more tomorrow i will leave my house at about 5;30am so i can be at the machine shop by 8;30/9AM to keep working on the 62 Handlebars i need to send
Old 06-23-2004, 09:52 PM   #37
Renazco OP
Formerly AKA Boejangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTwin

I'll refrain from the potty talk until my seat is ready to ship.

Great work James.
Kind of hard to tell in the photo because black hides well but it's the taller seat. I would just go with the stock seat height on your bike unless of course that dip in the seat is frustrating.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:49 AM   #38
Foad99
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Ditch the "Dip"

I hate the dip in my stock seat! I like a flat seat made w/suede. The dip forces you into an MX style position all the time.. I like to be able to move around on the seat and use the suede to help keep me in place.

SJ
Foad99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 10:44 AM   #39
vrago
Plays with dirt

Oddometer: 898
Orange Suede can be cool

I ended up with NCFitton's 02 640. So that's what gets a new seat! I'm very excited by what I've seen.

I visited James yesterday and saw the orange and grey suede. They look really nice. The orange suede would make a bitchin pimp coat. Right off of Fuzzy Bear's back on Starsky & Hutch. It looks awersome on the KTM though and I'm glad to see that James found a source.

James showed me a cut seat foam and how he's raising the crown of the seat just slightly. It bridges the dip at the front a small amount and will have a more rounded profile eliminating the edges. Looks like it will serve the purpose really well. I'd personally like a little bit of extra height like what Ricardo is talking about. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how much. James seemed to have a good idea what to do and I'm going to trust him.

By not adding any width to the seat, it continues to be easy to move around on. The right mix of padding seems to do the same thing for comfort that the tractor seat profile can do, without getting in the way of dual sport mobility.

One other thing I asked James for is suede where my knees clamp onto the bike. It's the area in front of the down facing point you see from the side profile. James came up with a good plan of using the black suede top, the orange suede on the sides, flowing back to the rear. The black gets orange top stitching and the Orange gets black. This matches my '02 paint scheeme really well. It will not only look cool, the grip will be improved quite a bit.

Most of you guys know I'm good friends with James. I'd support him for that alone. However I'm such a big supporter of this project because I'm really excited to see him putting out such great stuff. It's very cool to see him engaged on a project he's so well suited for. He realy loves the adventure bikes and he's leveraging his upolstery contacts and experience to make an awesome seat. Judging by the interest in this thread and responses, he won't need the help getting orders anyway.

Never had a virago. It's my name.
vrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 11:12 AM   #40
Renazco OP
Formerly AKA Boejangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrago
The orange suede would make a bitchin pimp coat. Right off of Fuzzy Bear's back on Starsky & Hutch.
Vincenzo, I didn't know you had it in you! That's a hillarious picture
Could be done however, just give me your measurements..
Attached Images

Old 06-24-2004, 11:24 AM   #41
vrago
Plays with dirt

Oddometer: 898
Eek More like it

Fixed it

Never had a virago. It's my name.

vrago screwed with this post 09-16-2009 at 03:25 PM
vrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 12:12 PM   #42
Mack
Gone, but never forgotten. RIP, Mack...

Oddometer: 3,797
Is that the new KTM USA Dakar team jacket?

Vincent, your articulate description has me salavating! (SIC?) I have had a hard time evisioning some of the changes, no fault of James's, I am just a blockhead. The shape alone sounds awesome, and from Jimmy's description of the way the suede holds you in place, this should be especially nice on the big 640 ADV.
Old 06-24-2004, 06:25 PM   #43
nomiles
Sledge-o-matic

Oddometer: 3,995
I swung by Ricardo's place today to see if his bike was parked in the street and if it had the new seat on it, it was and it did! (I know Ricardo is busy so didn't ring the bell) I gotta say the seat looks great! and the suede feels even better! Nice work, James! very well done!
Old 06-24-2004, 09:44 PM   #44
Ricardo Kuhn
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomiles
I swung by Ricardo's place today to see if his bike was parked in the street and if it had the new seat on it, it was and it did! (I know Ricardo is busy so didn't ring the bell) I gotta say the seat looks great! and the suede feels even better! Nice work, James! very well done!

I'm sure i was not even home...

sorry i took all day to post,I was running around like a crazy rabbit all day long(for the last few days actually)

here are the pictures,not much coments at the moment I have no time for them.
one thing I can tell you is a new kind of seat is being born,high performance and very free to move around but at the same time very comfortable and to complete really well crafted

I like it a Lot

Old 06-24-2004, 09:51 PM   #45
Jean-Luc
Throttle committed

Oddometer: 2,232
Beautiful I'm glad you like it! I'm expecting to pick mine this Saturday and I hope James will have time to finish it despite his surgery tomorrow