Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2004, 07:49 AM   #46
traveltoad
Aaron S

Oddometer: 6,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Luc
Beautiful I'm glad you like it! I'm expecting to pick mine this Saturday and I hope James will have time to finish it despite his surgery tomorrow
So your first ride on the new seat will be Wed evening! At least you'll have it broken in by the time you get here.
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 10:12 AM   #47
R-dubb
Dubbious Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Kuhn
I like it a Lot

Please don't tell me your going to park that beautiful seat on Ashby Ave. for the bums to piss on. You take the KLX and I'll make sure nothing bad happens to the 950 while it's in my garage....

R-dubb
R-dubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 03:05 PM   #48
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,147
what about a prostrate drop?

Hey Boejangles,

Nice work - I finally see your product. I don't have $300-400 for my ass right now but I just wondered if those "two points" that all the weight sits on when in MX pose could be accounted with a little hollow just like bicycle seats.

When I sit back (I am 6'4") street riding I sit where the passenger sits and it is very comfy. But when I take a passenger I sit MX and it is not so comfy... but if there was a spot for the family jewels it might be a good thing.

There is my whacky two cents!

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 08:36 PM   #49
GOAT BOY
GOAT BOY

Oddometer: 41
Thumb Corbin Seat

I have a Corbin and I can now ride pretty much all day with no discomfort.

Goat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert
Looks great! I'm not familiar with suede seats on bikes - aren't they a mess when wet ? Or do you impregnate them with something like you can do with boots ?

Someone on this list complained about the Corbin seat (IIRC) that the seams would rub your thighs sore on long rides. Have you found a solution for that ?

What would be the best color combo for a silver bike? black/black or would the black/grey work ? (I'd volunteer my bike as a test object, but I'm kinda far away...)
GOAT BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 09:46 AM   #50
Jean-Luc
Throttle committed

Oddometer: 2,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT BOY
I have a Corbin and I can now ride pretty much all day with no discomfort.
Glad you're happy with your seat. For my part, I recently checked a Corbin seat on a 950 and I was surprised by how heavy they are. Seemed also to wide for a real dual-sport use. YMMV.
Old 06-30-2004, 11:54 AM   #51
Jean-Luc
Throttle committed

Oddometer: 2,231
I got it

Guys, I know the line is already long but I strongly suggest you get on it quickly! Although I need to do a more extensive test (the PCQ maybe ) I'm very pleased after several hours on my new Boejangles seat.

I came to pick it up on Monday night and BJ could barely come to open the door for me but he had done the seat as promised because he really wanted me to have it for the trip. Thank you so much for that

I checked the materials in his garage (leathers, foams, gel) and everything seems top notch. I choose a dark grey suede on the top for a good grip and a black (perforated) leather on the sides to move more easily while standing.

I also choose the standard size (close to stock) for several reasons:
- I'm not especially tall
- Getting a new seat just before a long trip can be risky and so it was safest to go with the stock shape
- The quality of the material (gel especially) seemed good enough to provide a much better comfort without increasing the height of the seat.

At the 1st contact with the seat, it feels quite firm (for a good support) but you don't feel the edges of the stock one. Moving a bit on the seat makes you notice that your bones don't have a hard contact patch anymore.

When I left BJ for 1 hour of freeway on my way back I quickly realized that I will love this seat for my trip. I'll keep you updated.

Jean-Luc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 12:35 PM   #52
Renazco OP
Formerly AKA Boejangles

Oddometer: 4,743
Glad your happy J-L..
Initially I just wanted to help some of the guys out and save their asses from the stock seat which isn't to bad but needs plenty of improvements. My current disability allows me the time to work on these projects and keeps me sane. Currently I have a list of 27 people who wants a seat and I'm excited about the project but unfortunately my second leg surgery just slowed me down a bit more, they just pulled these suckers out on Friday and their about as wide as my fist.

I'm starting to pick up speed again and I have a long weekend to get caught up so please continue to be patient and I'll get all you guys taken care of.
Here's a couple more shots of J-L's seat and hopefully I'll have a website up soon so you can pick and choose your material options.

I'll start going down the list today and having you send in the seats, talk to ya'll soon..
Renazco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 10:53 AM   #53
dirtrider
Dusty Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,314
Could you do a seat for a non-Adventure LC4? I have the original seat as a core as I'm using a KTM "Comfort" seat currently. The comfort seat is a small improvement, but I think that one of yours would be better yet. Let me know if you can and a rough idea on price. Thanks!
2001 KTM 640 LC4 Sold
I only like two kinds of women, foreign and domestic
dirtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 01:14 PM   #54
Renazco OP
Formerly AKA Boejangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtrider
Could you do a seat for a non-Adventure LC4? I have the original seat as a core as I'm using a KTM "Comfort" seat currently. The comfort seat is a small improvement, but I think that one of yours would be better yet. Let me know if you can and a rough idea on price. Thanks!
Sure, I can build you one for the LC4. Are you happy with the ergonomics of the seat? Don't think you would need suede unless you were after looks as well. I can build you one out of leather or Vinyl as well just let me know what your needs are. PM me and we can sort through the specifics..
James
Old 07-13-2004, 11:38 AM   #55
Renazco OP
Formerly AKA Boejangles

Just wanted to post a couple of other material options for those interested.

Jimmy's 620 Adventure ala full suede..

Flanny's 950 with Griptex upper..
Old 07-17-2004, 01:32 AM   #56
configurationspace
delooper

Oddometer: 8,600
Is griptex that stuff that comes on the stock R1150GS Adv seat? Got a zoom on the griptex? Nice and sticky? Where do you find it? Sorry for being nosey.
configurationspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 06:41 PM   #57
Renazco OP
Formerly AKA Boejangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by configurationspace
Is griptex that stuff that comes on the stock R1150GS Adv seat? Got a zoom on the griptex? Nice and sticky? Where do you find it? Sorry for being nosey.
The Griptex is similiar to the BMW stuff and I'm in the process of getting it in different colors. The material is nice and sticks well but nothing like rubber, a good thing I get it through my upholstery contacts.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:05 PM   #58
Hedge36
Chasing parts.

Oddometer: 44,181
Hey, James: I'd be happy to build and host a web site for you to help out... I've got my own web/mail server sitting kinda idle in Novato and we could get something rolling pretty easily.

Shoot me an email or gimme a ring on my cell - if you miss me it's because I'm on my way home (slight project delay and some cool but threatening lightning over here).

S
Hedge36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 09:42 PM   #59
Renazco OP
Formerly AKA Boejangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedge36
Hey, James: I'd be happy to build and host a web site for you to help out... I've got my own web/mail server sitting kinda idle in Novato and we could get something rolling pretty easily.

Shoot me an email or gimme a ring on my cell - if you miss me it's because I'm on my way home (slight project delay and some cool but threatening lightning over here).

S
Thanks Hedge, I got the ball rolling on one already but would love to chat with you about it, we'll be in touch.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:01 PM   #60
Renazco OP
Formerly AKA Boejangles

Thought I'd share some more photos with those who are looking for other options in Materials.
Mack's 640 seat,,

BigTwins 950,,

Some have asked about the GS seats and I would have no problems building those for you as well.

James