Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2004, 10:03 PM   #61
configurationspace
delooper

Oddometer: 8,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by boejangles
The Griptex is similiar to the BMW stuff and I'm in the process of getting it in different colors. The material is nice and sticks well but nothing like rubber, a good thing I get it through my upholstery contacts.
Does your contact sell in small enough quantities to cover only a BMW R1150GS Adventure seat? Could you sell me some or give me your contact info? I really like the stuff on the Adventure seat and would like to get some more.
configurationspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 10:16 PM   #62
Renazco OP
Formerly AKA Boejangles

Oddometer: 4,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by configurationspace
Does your contact sell in small enough quantities to cover only a BMW R1150GS Adventure seat? Could you sell me some or give me your contact info? I really like the stuff on the Adventure seat and would like to get some more.
Wholesale only and won't sell direct. I'm trying to stay away from selling just material but I can sell you enough to do your seat. If your trying to tackle the job yourself, it's not just a matter of a stable gun and streching the material. Your going to have to sew two halves together to get a nice finish.
PM me what you think your going to need for your project and we'll sort it out.

James
Renazco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 01:54 PM   #63
AZcacti
Dope on a Rope

Oddometer: 1,320
My new seat arrived today and it sweet! First, I would like to thank Mr. boejangles (James) for his hard work and fine craftsmanship. When we spoke on the phone he explained how all of his materials serve a specific function. I explained to him that I had two issues with the stock saddle: 1- The steep, forward slope of the seat. 2- The unforgiving stiffness of the stock foam.

Now, the seat has a much more level grade to it. I can still sit foward for technical terrain or sit back for long hauls. The new gel/foam under the seat cover makes a huge difference. It's kind of a firm softness, if that makes sense? Still a firm seat but a comfortable firm.

The suede top cover is beautiful. The materials are top notch. So far I'm one happy customer! Thanks again Boejangles
Attached Images

AZcacti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 01:56 PM   #64
AZcacti
Dope on a Rope

Oddometer: 1,320
Closer view:
Attached Images

AZcacti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 03:50 PM   #65
Flanny
Flanny-it-up!

Oddometer: 2,738
See my review of the seat here..

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...717#post796717
Flanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 01:23 PM   #66
legion
Wait Til Friday

Oddometer: 12,532
Quote:
...and I began to realize that there wasn't really anyone who catered to the dual sport seats other than "Salle Della Valle".
Ok, I'll admit it. I'm not really what you'd call cultured and have no clue what this reference is to. Who's that?
legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 01:34 PM   #67
Mack
Gone, but never forgotten. RIP, Mack...

Oddometer: 3,797
Quote:
...and I began to realize that there wasn't really anyone who catered to the dual sport seats other than "Salle Della Valle".

Quote:
Originally Posted by legion
Ok, I'll admit it. I'm not really what you'd call cultured and have no clue what this reference is to. Who's that?
Salle Della Valle is the Italian mfg. of OEM KTM seats, and KTM dakar bike seats.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:36 PM   #68
Renazco OP
Formerly AKA Boejangles

I just wanted to share this photo of a seat I built for Scuderia West.
The bike is a one off paint scheme but still shares some of the colors of the GO!!!! bike. The blue suede is about as close as I'm going to get in matching it to KTM's blue color unless I use a metallic blue leather to compliment the metalic paint.
The bike is their demo bike so I thought for those who live in the Bay Area they can stop by and at least sample the seat before any commitments.
Here's some before and after photo's..

Old 08-05-2004, 06:51 PM   #69
Ricardo Kuhn
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Oddometer: 12,219
Quote:
I just wanted to share this photo of a seat I built for Scuderia West.
The bike is a one off paint scheme but still shares some of the colors of the GO!!!! bike. The blue suede is about as close as I'm going to get in matching it to KTM's blue color unless I use a metallic blue leather to compliment the metalic paint.
The bike is their demo bike so I thought for those who live in the Bay Area they can stop by and at least sample the seat before any commitments.
Here's some before and after photo's..

Man james that Seat is freaking Amazing....
congratulations...
for sure change the whole "Visual" of the bike,,now Donny need to ask the painter to complete the blue on the side panels so you don't see that silver line,,bottersome at least for me

you mension metalic Color leather,,,i remenber some race suit made of that type of leather(Helimot I believe),in fact the color was really similar to the purple/blue of the GO!!!!!!!!!!! bike

can you imagine a bright Orange Suede on the top with some nice side panels made of a Dark but "electric" purple color,,,that will be so awesome.....

Now I'm all confusee what colors i want on my fancy new seat,,,You sucker are giving me a headhacke,,in the best possible way of course
Old 08-05-2004, 06:56 PM   #70
legion
Wait Til Friday

Very nice. I'll be riding 200 miles tomorrow and thinking of your work for probably oh, 199 of them. For as nice a bike as KTM produces it amazes me that they could produce a seat that feels marginally better than a frame rail.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:58 PM   #71
creeper
Still alive...

Oddometer: 10,718
James... I am soooo looking forward to the day I can order one of your seats. But, I have to get my business up and running first.
Please stop posting all the pretty pictures, because I can't help coming back to this thread... no will power what so ever.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:25 PM   #72
Ricardo Kuhn
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Oddometer: 12,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by legion
Very nice. I'll be riding 200 miles tomorrow and thinking of your work for probably oh, 199 of them.
well if you have the seat already i'm sure will be the other way around,you will be think about riding or something else and not even remenber were you are seating,,the way is soppose to be don't you think
Old 08-05-2004, 08:21 PM   #73
Renazco OP
Formerly AKA Boejangles

Too many 950's how about a 640?? My personal bike in full suede..

Old 08-05-2004, 08:25 PM   #74
BlownCJ
dangerous rider ?

Oddometer: 153
Quote:
Too many 950's how about a 640?? My personal bike in full suede..

Hey nice Can !!!!

great lookin seat James

Barry
Old 08-05-2004, 08:27 PM   #75
legion
Wait Til Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Kuhn
well if you have the seat already i'm sure will be the other way around,you will be think about riding or something else and not even remenber were you are seating,,the way is soppose to be don't you think
Exactamundo! Wanna know a secret? I'm taking a pillow w/ me. No seat... just a pillow. Can't be worse. No, I'm not kidding. Ride report to follow!

Can we classify this as a mod? Sort of a pennytech thing? I'm feeling pretty inovative here.