User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2012, 01:33 PM   #1
micanuck OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
New Zealand Tour

Hi all. Here is my attempt to share with my first ride report. My wife, Cheryl and I arrived in Palmerston North, NZ yesterday, Feb. 28 after an easy flight from our home base on Vancouver Island. We were met by our friend, Kevin, who resides there with his family. We first met Kevin last July in Bremerton, Washington with a group of friends associated mostly with The Motorcycle Travel Network, at the beginning of our ride to Alaska. During our conversations during that ride, we decided upon the plan to take four weeks to explore New Zealand. Kevin assisted us in the purchase of a 2007 Suzuki 1000 V Strom with Givi panniers and top box and 17,000 Km on the odometer. We spent yesterday wiring additional connections to the battery for our electric vests and GPS. After an oil and filter change, Kevin led me for a ride around the neighbourhood and all went well. The Suzuki has plenty of power and slightly stiff, but resonable handling with good positioning of controls. We were treated to a great evening meal with a delicious Marlborough Pinot Noir and great conversation. Today, we expect the arrival of another Kiwi friend, Keith, from New Plymouth who also rode with us in Alaska last year. The joining of minds and sharing of ideas will commence this evening as we plan our first leg of the trip tomorrow to the South Island. I will post some pictures and as little dialogue as possible over the next few days. I'm looking forward to more two wheeling.
Micanuck
micanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #2
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,243
Sounds good, let's see some pics