ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2004, 06:09 PM   #46
harpoon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,734
Yeah, yeah, I couldn't find the property line, but after about an acre, the Bolens and I had enough of each other. Besides, I had a firdge to clean. But thanks for the honorable mention there "stand around Phil".

Missed a good ride today Peach, Slate Spring Mountain, FS-85 (sound familiar?), big rocks bashed up me skid plate a bit , but good fun
Old 06-27-2004, 08:30 PM   #47
twistedmind
HACKrrrrrrrr

Oddometer: 395
Sorry Steve...

If I'd check-in more often, I'd been able to help move your sorry ass.
I gotta fix that....
Nah... I'm a slack-ass lurking squid.
I'll admit before you guys even get started...

Old 06-28-2004, 05:24 AM   #48
ROGUE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon
Yeah, yeah, I couldn't find the property line, but after about an acre, the Bolens and I had enough of each other. Besides, I had a firdge to clean. But thanks for the honorable mention there "stand around Phil".

Missed a good ride today Peach, Slate Spring Mountain, FS-85 (sound familiar?), big rocks bashed up me skid plate a bit , but good fun
Half a fridge thank you very much

If Steve didn't say so, thanks for your help on that chore too. Didn't check the dates though didja? Not to worry, I made sure all the items dated 2003 and older went to the dump with Steve.
Old 06-28-2004, 05:26 AM   #49
ROGUE
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRoadToad
Greetings to all!

Is that I washing machine I spy?

I was in Fredericksburg about three weeks ago, and had a swell time carrying a washer and dryer down-stairs for a good friend. He had just purchased a new one, and it was a chance for a bit 'o exercise. The washing machine still had some water in it, but I was fortunate enough that it did not spill out until I reached the garage (thank the Lord that it was not full!!!).

I am sorry that I was unable to help you move a few things. Iced tead is all that I ask, as I tend to have a nigh on unquenchable thirst and am a tea-totaller, if you will.

T'will be about three weeks or so, and I shall return to Fredericksburg. Perhaps I can meet some more of you. I had the pleasure of meeting Freak, Barry, and Scot a few months back. Wonderfull fellows the lot of them, and I expect the same holds true for K12Steve and the rest of the lads, and of course the lovely and gracious Rogue.

The Lord of Hosts be with you all.

The Toad
Meeting you would be wonderful! Although riding may not be happening for a while.... not till the leg heals anyway. Just give a shout and I'll do my best to meet you!
Old 06-28-2004, 05:32 AM   #50
Steverino OP
Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer: 36,668
To all that gave up what turned out to be a beautiful day to help, I extend my deepest gratitude. I have met some wonderful people here, and I have met some....well let's just leave it at that.

To you guys and gals that helped, thank you very much. Someday I may be able to repay the favor you exstended to me. But it better not be on a nice day like Saturday was. Because being the taker I am, I will only be able to help when it is convenient for me or I have no other choice.

Thanks guys, I truly appreciate it, all kidding aside.

Now about that grass Harpoon.....

Phil, you are not longer allowed around me with a camera. You have always been there to help me out when I needed and even when I did not. I have always appreciated it and Saturday was not exception. Thanks old man....

StoryM, thanks for taking time from your work crisis to help, it was apprciated. Don't be a stranger and I extend an invitation for you to join us for our wrenching rertard sessions that have been relocated to Poonville....

PhillII, the hardest worker in the bunch except for maybe my sister. Thanks for coming out and helping. When are you gonna get real bike? Damn Triumph riders.....thanks a ton.

Capo....good seeing you again, thanks for the help man. Still love the Capo every time you come around. Don't forget to come to the RR Fests in Poonville

To Rogue, thank you for helping despite the bum knee. I know you wanted to do more, but being there to lend immoral support was appreciated. So was the lunch and the drinks. Been good and been bad, but it was never boring. Good luck.

Tim, my good friend, thanks for hanging to the end when the rest of the deadbeats had left the building....you are a quiet one, but you strength runs deep and your willingness to be there to help and haul shit to the dump while I was busy standing around watching, I mean helping, these guys move the rest was a great help. Another close friend I have developed here. BTW, you got something I can borrow or use? Thanks dude, I appreciate it.

Triple, my man gracias mi amigo.....I guess now you know what it is like to be a trucker after driving the truck and trailer out. It never ceases to amaze me how well you have recovered. Back is stronger than ever it appears. Thanks man....to you I owe more than I can ever thank you for.....thanks for always being there and willing to help in any way possible

Harpoon, despite being warned about what a user and taker I am, you have been there for me and extended a gracious hand with a place to stay while I seek a home in Blacksburg...a place to store my tools and work on my bikes. And a freind that has never asked for anything in return. I appreciate it my friend. I will owe you for a while.

If I left anybody out, fuck off....no serioulsy, I think I got everybody. Gracias and I will see you guys around.
Steverino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 06:15 AM   #51
ROGUE
Beastly Adventurer

Hey Steve, did you forget anything? Like the keys I have?

P.S. You forgot Mini-Rogue
Old 06-28-2004, 06:15 AM   #52
PhilSpace
The Gov

Oddometer: 35,219
Quote:

Ask 'Rider, supervising is a lot of work

PhilSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 06:22 AM   #53
harpoon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,734
Damn...(sniff) that was sweet.
FYYFF
Old 06-28-2004, 06:26 AM   #54
Steverino OP
Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGUE
Hey Steve, did you forget anything? Like the keys I have?

P.S. You forgot Mini-Rogue
I did not forget, I asked you to leave them. Seems maybe that you forgot.

OOOOPs sorry, thanks MRogue...I think
Old 06-28-2004, 06:27 AM   #55
Steverino OP
Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Quote:
Damn...(sniff) that was sweet.
FYYFF
Ahhhhhhh shut uppa your face.....
Old 06-28-2004, 06:31 AM   #56
ROGUE
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12RSSteve
I did not forget, I asked you to leave them. Seems maybe that you forgot.

OOOOPs sorry, thanks MRogue...I think
I didn't forget, I was going to give them to you when you showed me what to do with the mower and weedeater. Since that never happened I still have them. Mower's figured out and so's the weedeater thanks to Tim (not Mushman, BJ's husband) now all that's left is the keys.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:32 AM   #57
Steverino OP
Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Quote:
I didn't forget, I was going to give them to you when you showed me what to do with the mower and weedeater. Since that never happened I still have them. Mower's figured out and so's the weedeater thanks to Tim (not Mushman, BJ's husband) now all that's left is the keys.
Take them to the house........
Old 06-28-2004, 06:36 AM   #58
ROGUE
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Take them to the house........
Wrong answer. Espescially since there's not even one please in that sentence.

You're on my shit list bud, for reasons I won't put out on here. No need to start another soap opera.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:58 AM   #59
Steverino OP
Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Quote:
Wrong answer. Espescially since there's not even one please in that sentence.

You're on my shit list bud, for reasons I won't put out on here. No need to start another soap opera.
Oh, please. Is that better.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:13 AM   #60
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,195
Quote:
Tim, my good friend, thanks for hanging to the end when the rest of the deadbeats had left the building....you are a quiet one, but you strength runs deep and your willingness to be there to help and haul shit to the dump while I was busy standing around watching, I mean helping, these guys move the rest was a great help. Another close friend I have developed here. BTW, you got something I can borrow or use? Thanks dude, I appreciate it.
You are more than welcome. I even had fun.

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote