ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 10:17 AM   #46876
wayno
Beastly Adventurer
 
wayno's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: East of KCMO
Oddometer: 6,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
WTF!!!! 83% humidity today. May as well be back in fooking TX.
You could be in Houston....sweatiest place I ever been.


wayno
Tapatalk
__________________
RIDE SAFE
1998 KTM RXCE LC4, DR650, 07 DL650
Very obtuse at times
"Never wrestle with a pig. You just get dirty, and the pig likes it. George Bernard Shaw
wayno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #46877
wayno
Beastly Adventurer
 
wayno's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: East of KCMO
Oddometer: 6,460
Humiditity is falling out of the sky!


wayno
Tapatalk
__________________
RIDE SAFE
1998 KTM RXCE LC4, DR650, 07 DL650
Very obtuse at times
"Never wrestle with a pig. You just get dirty, and the pig likes it. George Bernard Shaw
wayno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #46878
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NWA
Oddometer: 9,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinduroman View Post
Humidity? Hah... I laugh in the face of danger!

Just finished a 6 day work week @ 61.5 hours. (There's no A/C on the railroad.) Worked the ground Friday instead of running the engine. Walked a total of about 4 miles... climbed a bunch of ladders and tied/released many handbrakes. Just got in last night from a night train about midnight. Up and at'em and ready to head off to church. After lunch today I've got to get caught up on lawn stuff which will include the chainsaw, stacking brush, fixing a mower deck, and then mowing/weed whacking. I'm sixty years old.

Whiney wimps!!!

OH and BY THE WAY...

Tech Day is NEXT weekend, Magoo.


Vinduroman
Lawn stuff?????? I have no idea what You're talking about.
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #46879
wayno
Beastly Adventurer
 
wayno's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: East of KCMO
Oddometer: 6,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Lawn stuff?????? I have no idea what You're talking about.
I like the way I spelled it betterist.... Sumtin good at the end and what is this thing called "work" ? :-)


wayno
Tapatalk
__________________
RIDE SAFE
1998 KTM RXCE LC4, DR650, 07 DL650
Very obtuse at times
"Never wrestle with a pig. You just get dirty, and the pig likes it. George Bernard Shaw
wayno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #46880
DrLewall
Banned
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 32,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Lawn stuff?????? I have no idea what You're talking about.
you PUSSIES! I just got done weedeatin and I am sweating like a stuck pig! I be smellin pretty darn manly by now, compared to you lillac scented gurls!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #46881
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole
 
TRZ Charlie's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Oddometer: 15,119
We had a good time in F'Ville yesterday and today. We saw the Botanical Center this morning and we hiked 3/4 of the way around lake F'Ville and Martha messed up her ankle.


Charlie
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #46882
DrLewall
Banned
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 32,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
We had a good time in F'Ville yesterday and today. We saw the Botanical Center this morning and we hiked 3/4 of the way around lake F'Ville and Martha messed up her ankle.


Charlie
did you piggy back her out?
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #46883
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NWA
Oddometer: 9,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
you PUSSIES! I just got done weedeatin and I am sweating like a stuck pig! I be smellin pretty darn manly by now, compared to you lillac scented gurls!
Meh, I was sweatin my ass off out in the garage getting my 450 ready for SLAP. Got the carb cleaned out, turn signals replaced, and battery's all charged up.
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #46884
tcourdin
Resident Spooner
 
tcourdin's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Oddometer: 10,438
Yup immma sweaty mofo too. Been messing around outside all day. My dad asked me to till some stuff for him, rolled out my tiller and the tires are dry rotted off. Rims are really rusty too, and they are discontinued. Guess I get to shop for some new wheels and tires and make them fit.

Yo Albie, why you taking the 450 to SLAP? Ya planning on riding some trails?
__________________
My SPOT
tcourdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:57 PM   #46885
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole
 
TRZ Charlie's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Oddometer: 15,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
did you piggy back her out?
We parked at the Botanical center and did the trail going toward the Marina and across the dam. We got up to Veterans Memorial Park off Zion when we gave up. Instead of piggy backing I called a cab. Problem solved.
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #46886
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NWA
Oddometer: 9,034
Just haven't ridden it in a while. Besides, it's got good tires so I don't have to bother with putting new ones on.

Oh, and some jackwagon must have been playing around with my Scotts damper. When I was checking the throttle cable clearances after I put the carb back in I noticed the steering was dragging, though maybe the steering head bearings were going out. Luckily I thought to check the damper before tearing into the headset. The damn slow speed damping was cranked up. I just had to back it off. Why the hell do people got to mess with your stuff? Had some dip wad back out the preload on my Busa one time. Nearly killed me the first time I threw it into a corner I've got an Ohlins shock on it and it has that nice shiny gold remote adjuster that I guess just begs to be turned.
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #46887
Dragon43
If you insist.
 
Dragon43's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Central Arkansas
Oddometer: 5,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Just haven't ridden it in a while. Besides, it's got good tires so I don't have to bother with putting new ones on.

Oh, and some jackwagon must have been playing around with my Scotts damper. When I was checking the throttle cable clearances after I put the carb back in I noticed the steering was dragging, though maybe the steering head bearings were going out. Luckily I thought to check the damper before tearing into the headset. The damn slow speed damping was cranked up. I just had to back it off. Why the hell do people got to mess with your stuff? Had some dip wad back out the preload on my Busa one time. Nearly killed me the first time I threw it into a corner I've got an Ohlins shock on it and it has that nice shiny gold remote adjuster that I guess just begs to be turned.
Not doing tires is good.

You have the wrong folks around who are not your friends.

Touching a mans bike without his permission is like touching his woman without her permission, in my old world people die from doing that & think it is still the proper response... Just sayin...

Bawahahahaha
__________________
Shouda, woulda, coulda but dint.
Dragon43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #46888
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NWA
Oddometer: 9,034
OK, where the heck is this? Look at about 1:30 on, there's bricks on the road. Some TWT'ers found this when they were up here last week.

Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:51 PM   #46889
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NWA
Oddometer: 9,034
Radiator repair

Anybody know of a radiator shop in Fayetteville? I need to get the stupid leak fixed on my 690.
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:56 PM   #46890
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole
 
TRZ Charlie's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Oddometer: 15,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
OK, where the heck is this? Look at about 1:30 on, there's bricks on the road. Some TWT'ers found this when they were up here last week.

Albie, "Just follow the Yellow Brick Road".
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014