Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #48751
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
wonder what charlie did today? Bike repair report there buddy? whar you at on that?
Still waiting on fork oil and fork wipers/seals and the front wheel bearings and seals. Bike is
"in-op" until those get here.

The DRZ sort of looks like a praying mantis sitting in my shop with the front end dangling from the rafters without a wheel on it.

Tim brought my new Interphone 5 with him when he picked his bike up from getting new shoes at Larry's (Arkansas Adventure Rider). I've got it mounted up and have been trying to learn how it works. This thing is loud and I may have to recess the speakers in the helmet foam a bit to make it more comfortable.

I've also been working with a real estate attorney to get paperwork ready so that we can offer our home as a "lease to purchase". We really want to get moved. What a pain in the butt.
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #48752
Valentino Magoo
Like a speeding slug

Oddometer: 2,698
What a crappy day. Work sucked. Doc bitched about my leg not healing right, came home to find the sprocket shaft on the garage door opener had worn in two, popping chain off onto my truck, and the hot water heater thermocouple went out. W.T.F???

Dog still alive anyway.

I got the thermocouple replaced and diagnosed need for new motor (if I can find it) for opener. Interweb hunting now.
Valentino Magoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:29 PM   #48753
Dragon43
If you insist.

Oddometer: 5,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino Magoo View Post
What a crappy day. Work sucked. Doc bitched about my leg not healing right, came home to find the sprocket shaft on the garage door opener had worn in two, popping chain off onto my truck, and the hot water heater thermocouple went out. W.T.F???

Dog still alive anyway.

I got the thermocouple replaced and diagnosed need for new motor (if I can find it) for opener. Interweb hunting now.
Jeez dude, you been reading my mail or what???? Bummer....

Life is like bananas, it comes in bunches....
Old 06-19-2012, 08:31 PM   #48754
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Quote:

Dog still alive anyway.

I have to ask. Did you visit Doc before all this happened?
Old 06-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #48755
The Toyman
Handy not Handsome

Oddometer: 753
[QUOTE=DRZ Charlie;18950070]I have to ask. Did you visit Doc before all this happened?[/QUOTE

Faster, Faster, Faster! Till the trill of speed overcomes the fear of death
The Toyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:49 AM   #48756
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 31,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post

I can not hardly wait for the day that I can lay in my own bed and get the hell out of these damn easy chairs...
DrLewall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:04 AM   #48757
arraflipper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 472
Doing

Quote:

I can not hardly wait for the day that I can lay in my own bed and get the hell out of these damn easy chairs...
How you doing Dr. the ribs showing any signs of being less painful? Recliners just don't cut it after while, hope you get to test fly your bed again soon.
arraflipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:09 AM   #48758
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 31,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by arraflipper View Post
How you doing Dr. the ribs showing any signs of being less painful? Recliners just don't cut it after while, hope you get to test fly your bed again soon.
am doin better..someone said that the 1st 3 days are the toughest..I think that is pretty much correct..today is day 5 since the slam and I am doin much better..it still hurts tho, but not like it did. Still can't get a full blown cough out, but I can kinda huff a little to clear the throat. Moving slow still, and on occasion, I get reminded not to pick up the pace..damn easy chair makes my kidneys hurt after a while..I sure miss laying flat tho!
DrLewall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:43 AM   #48759
Dragon43
If you insist.

Quote:
am doin better..someone said that the 1st 3 days are the toughest..I think that is pretty much correct..today is day 5 since the slam and I am doin much better..it still hurts tho, but not like it did. Still can't get a full blown cough out, but I can kinda huff a little to clear the throat. Moving slow still, and on occasion, I get reminded not to pick up the pace..damn easy chair makes my kidneys hurt after a while..I sure miss laying flat tho!
When I got hurt in 96, I was in the recliner for 6 weeks & doing IV antibodies four times a day for same. So I can both empathize & sympathize with what you are going through.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:02 AM   #48760
Dravintoad
Toadthumpin

Oddometer: 1,737
Quote:
Still waiting on fork oil and fork wipers/seals and the front wheel bearings and seals. Bike is
"in-op" until those get here.

The DRZ sort of looks like a praying mantis sitting in my shop with the front end dangling from the rafters without a wheel on it.

Tim brought my new Interphone 5 with him when he picked his bike up from getting new shoes at Larry's (Arkansas Adventure Rider). I've got it mounted up and have been trying to learn how it works. This thing is loud and I may have to recess the speakers in the helmet foam a bit to make it more comfortable.

I've also been working with a real estate attorney to get paperwork ready so that we can offer our home as a "lease to purchase". We really want to get moved. What a pain in the butt.
Damn Charlie, I have to say, you're always giving Doc a hard time about his breakdowns, but seems like you are often having quite a bit of fuss with your DRZ. Having said that, I know you get quite a few more miles off road too. Either way, best of luck getting someone to jump on your house.

Quote:

Dog still alive anyway.

That sucks Tim. When it rains it pours. Everytime I get something fixed around our house, something else breaks down or needs attention. I might just lease Charlies place so he can come take care of all the repairs.

But hey, at least the Hogs are winning.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:14 AM   #48761
Valentino Magoo
Like a speeding slug

Quote:
No, if I did I woulda had 4 flats on my truck.

Toad, awesome idea. Charlie really takes care of his stuff (except stators), so I bet we could hang out in his crib for a good year without having to do a thing. Make sure to leave the fridge stocked, Charlie!

Oh yeah....TWO cordless phone sets went tits up last night (batteries kaput).

Planned obsolescence anyone? (In bunches, Gus).

My son gets married a week from Saturday, I hope these are not omens!
Old 06-20-2012, 06:23 AM   #48762
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,758
Quote:
No, if I did I woulda had 4 flats on my truck.

Toad, awesome idea. Charlie really takes care of his stuff (except stators), so I bet we could hang out in his crib for a good year without having to do a thing. Make sure to leave the fridge stocked, Charlie!

Oh yeah....TWO cordless phone sets went tits up last night (batteries kaput).

Planned obsolescence anyone? (In bunches, Gus).

My son gets married a week from Saturday, I hope these are not omens!
You still have a land line???
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:39 AM   #48763
Valentino Magoo
Like a speeding slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Talk to my wife.

Wear your protective gear.

Watch out for her left hook (she's a southpaw).
Old 06-20-2012, 06:56 AM   #48764
Dragon43
If you insist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
My DSL is cheaper that way.....

Old 06-20-2012, 06:57 AM   #48765
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravintoad View Post
But seems like you are often having quite a bit of fuss with your DRZ. Having said that, I know you get quite a few more miles off road too. Either way, best of luck getting someone to jump on your house.
I figure good maintenance is why the DRZ has lasted this long. It's a 2000 model with high mileage. I do this annually but usually in the winter. The bearings were something I hadn't expected but as long as I am down waiting for parts I figured I might as well take care of the things on my list. The last stator repair was almost a year and a half ago now. I am almost (but not quite) willing to say I have it fixed.

For the record, if you drive, fly or hike anywhere within 5 statute miles of Docs place you better have extra money in your savings account, something is gonna need repairing.