Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #49561
Elvis70 OP
No speed traps in the sky

Oddometer: 5,053
Hmm, just skipped ahead to here and last I see Doc has bad gas. Tell me about it, I have ridden behind him. Whew!

Speaking of gas (more on that laterI I rode the DR today to the farm and to a couple of cemeteries looking for my great, great, great gradfather's grave and his mother. Did find his nephew of the same name but not him in Round Mtn. Cemetary. They settled in the Richland Creek area arriving by covered wagon in 1828 supposedly. My great grandfather, and his dad are in the Boatright cemetery along with my grandfather, and father. The great grandfather is the one bought our farm in 1899, and his dad married a Boatright, thus why we are there. Sure like to find the 4 greats grave as he was the first one to arrive in this area. I traced my ancestery to pre-revolution and over to England. While trying to research this church property my grandfather donated I stumbled on all this and thus the grave hunt.

So I rode the DR yesterday out to the farm yesterday and today and after I parked it in the garage I went back out later and smelled gas. DR leaked fuel, probably a 1/2 to a gallon on the garage floor, and here Doc needed gas and I am wasting it. Fuel line was a tad short and pulled back to just barely resting on the end of the male point on the petcock and let fuel drip rather rapidly. I had some line and cut a new one for it. Stinks like hell in the garage. Bike runs great though, more power than before the workover.

Turns out the property lines for the church were effed up good. Line ran through church, behind our fence, and didn't reach out to road right away. So we came to an agreement moving the lines forward to the right of way and from our existing fence in the back. They had been mowing our land above the north line and ole boys wife thought I would just give it to them cause they thought it was theirs. Wrong answer. When the last clowns bought it I drew up written permission for them to use it to head off any future adverse possession claim. You have to own it 7 years for that anyway, and clock starts over when it changes hands. This area they wanted is like a tenth of an acre, they had .94 already and 1.002 after the new agreed lines. I offered to let them have it if they paid my surveyor's bill and attorney fees to draw up warranty deed. They called later and declined that so I am going to fence it off. Argument got heated, the old lady was the driving force behind the problems and she really pissed me off.

Well later gents off to bed. I didn't get to ride my bicycle today since I had to go early to the farm, yesterday I did 21 miles to make a trip to Lewis and Clarke and back. I have 33 down and 67 to go to ride my goal of a minimum of 100 before I go back to work. Going to hit the road to the gym in the morning and then wherever from there.

I still want to see your bike Gus, PM me your addy and I will try to get over there, maybe on my bike.
I'll tape it to the handlebars, it's just logic George! If your hand is broken, you tape it to the bars! - Evil Knievel's reply to George Hamiliton's question, "How will you jump with a broken hand?".
Elvis70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:30 PM   #49562
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zecatfish View Post
just takes short strokes.
I'm just guessing here (Unless Mouth confirms it) but Doc probably doesn't have any choice except short strokes.
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #49563
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 15,164
rumors confirm, that Doc can maintain a long stroke.

but only between the hours of 1:46pm and 2:11pm, and that is dependent on a decent meal ( think lots of sugar and oysters) before hand.

this of course pertains to someone else, when Doc strokes himself, there are fewer constraints because there is much less to work with overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
I'm just guessing here (Unless Mouth confirms it) but Doc probably doesn't have any choice except short strokes.
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:35 PM   #49564
crazyapple92
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis70 View Post
I didn't get to ride my bicycle today since I had to go early to the farm, yesterday I did 21 miles to make a trip to Lewis and Clarke and back. I have 33 down and 67 to go to ride my goal of a minimum of 100 before I go back to work. Going to hit the road to the gym in the morning and then wherever from there.
Over how long are you trying to get your 100 in?

-----

And you guys are ridiculous in this thread! So active too, I go ride for a few hours and when I come back this place has a couple pages to pilfer through.

Not a bad thing mind you, just wish it was filled with less talk of Doc's tiny two stroke!

And to answer your question Doc, no GPS, though I think I can get something going on my phone that should work just fine.

I managed to find and ride some dirt roads yesterday. I could definitely use some more dirt worthy tires! Anything over 25 and old girlfriends started flashing through my mind! ~Why didn't you take pictures~ ~Why didn't you taker her sister up on that offer~ It was a lot of fun though, and I only nearly got ran over by a late 80's cargo van once!
crazyapple92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:55 PM   #49565
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

i am considering camping Friday night somewhere.... if I could find somewhere with cold water

other wise, I just might end up down at Byrds for the 4x4 event...

by the way, Terror scoot, I need you to keep my dog Friday night.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:13 AM   #49566
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 29,795
Mornin fellers

Chris..the jeep is broke and is gonna be sittin a while..I got abt 10-12 gals of gas in it and I could use it else where, thus the need to get it out..I'll figger it out..I have sucked down enuff fuel sucking on hoses to run Ted riding lawn mower for two days and frankly, the smell or even taste of gas makes me ill
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:00 AM   #49567
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath

Oddometer: 5,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
stalker much?
No. Only when he's in town....

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:14 AM   #49568
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
tnx..but you're not home right now..but I may take you up on it when you get back
Uhhh, I got back yesterday at 7 PM.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:30 AM   #49569
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 29,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Uhhh, I got back yesterday at 7 PM.
REALLY!!! I thought for sure you would have stayed a day or two..but I reckon you had enuff of that place...will have sharon stop by this morning (after 10am) and pick it up..will give it a try anyway. tnx
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:50 AM   #49570
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
REALLY!!! I thought for sure you would have stayed a day or two..but I reckon you had enuff of that place...will have sharon stop by this morning (after 10am) and pick it up..will give it a try anyway. tnx
Nah, I don't want to ever spend one extra minute in that place again. Dallas SUCKS!

OK, I'll be here.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:21 AM   #49571
Dravintoad
Toadthumpin

Oddometer: 1,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyapple92 View Post
Not a bad thing mind you, just wish it was filled with less talk of Doc's tiny two stroke!
Gets worse. Don't look at the tattoo. I've managed to keep my eyes averted, except for the poop on the pole pic.

Quote:
I only nearly got ran over by a late 80's cargo van once!
They all do that.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:12 AM   #49572
crazyapple92
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravintoad View Post
Gets worse. Don't look at the tattoo. I've managed to keep my eyes averted, except for the poop on the pole pic.

They all do that.
HAHA HA Ha? I'm not sure I want to know.

Yeah well here's a lesson they don't teach well enough in drivers ed. Big, fat, heavy cargo vans doing about 40 down a tight, windy, LOOSE dirt road can't stop quickly. And if you try you will slide, and probably into the poor, but oh so handsome, supermoto rider coming around the bend at a responsible speed.

I downloaded a trail map for the Eureka to Mount Vernon ride. I'll take a crack at it in the next couple of days, but likely tomorrow. Just wanted to ask, does anyone know if there's gas along that ride? 120 miles round trip is about all I can get out of a tank when I'm riding easy, but I figure I'll be having some fun in the dirt and probably be dry around 100.
crazyapple92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:32 AM   #49573
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Elvis ,

they sound like imbeciles for not taking you up on your generous offer of the land with them covering the survey/title costs, im sur eyou will enjoy fencing it off, and being a PITA for years to come, I know I would!

Dravintoad, why didnt you tell us last night you had a special day coming? How many spankings to do you need?
Old 07-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #49574
Dravintoad
Toadthumpin

Oddometer: 1,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
Dravintoad, why didnt you tell us last night you had a special day coming? How many spankings to do you need?
35 smacks in the face with a set of double D's should do me.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:01 AM   #49575
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Happy 35 home boy!

it was good to see ya yesterday, we need to find a place you can attend with more regularity.