ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 01:18 PM   #57451
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 17,864
cane pole and some crickets.

I sure hope that brisket turns out for you.

__________________
Smoke em if you got em, and drink your glasses to the bottom...-Will Whitmore
Charter member: T.O. club.
mouthfulloflake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #57452
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer
 
NateLePain's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Central AR
Oddometer: 4,779
Have any of y'all had any dealings with Old Fort Harley Davidson in Ft. Smith? I'm eye-balling an XR1200X and thinking about going up, to take a test ride.

Thx...nlp
__________________
http://instagram.com/natelepain# -
'10 Triumph Street Triple R, '09 Kawasaki KLX???S, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:45 PM   #57453
wayno
Beastly Adventurer
 
wayno's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: East of KCMO
Oddometer: 6,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniUp View Post
Prayers sent. I was fortunate to have four Aunts like that. They all took turns spoiling me more than their own kids. One left. God Bless!
I got a special one!
__________________
RIDE SAFE
wayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #57454
joenuclear
Planning.....
 
joenuclear's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: At the keyboard.
Oddometer: 6,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateLePain View Post
Have any of y'all had any dealings with Old Fort Harley Davidson in Ft. Smith? I'm eye-balling an XR1200X and thinking about going up, to take a test ride.

Thx...nlp
The parts department can be a little clueless and just like all H-D dealers everything is geared to get you to purchase H-D branded chinese "accessories".

When I bought my StreetGlide in 08 I shopped there, Rogers and Joplin. Joplin was $1100 cheaper than Old Fort and $1550 less than Rogers. They also threw in some Harley cash to entice me to accessorize.

Old Forts owner and sales staff are friendly and knowledgeable. Did you look in their back warehouse? They've got a huge inventory for this market size.
joenuclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #57455
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NWA
Oddometer: 9,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateLePain View Post
Have any of y'all had any dealings with Old Fort Harley Davidson in Ft. Smith? I'm eye-balling an XR1200X and thinking about going up, to take a test ride.

Thx...nlp
LOL, yup called them asking about some valve shims a while back. It was an exercise in futility. The parts guy didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #57456
joenuclear
Planning.....
 
joenuclear's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: At the keyboard.
Oddometer: 6,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
LOL, yup called them asking about some valve shims a while back. It was an exercise in futility. The parts guy didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.
Dood! You missed a nice lunch at Mama Deans.
joenuclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:06 PM   #57457
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NWA
Oddometer: 9,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by joenuclear View Post
Dood! You missed a nice lunch at Mama Deans.
I know, had to run over to Cabela's. Got me some chest waders so I can pretend I know what I'm doing when I go fishing with Magoo this w/e
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #57458
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 17,864
I had some you could have borrowed albi...
__________________
Smoke em if you got em, and drink your glasses to the bottom...-Will Whitmore
Charter member: T.O. club.
mouthfulloflake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #57459
Arkwhizzy
Arky by choice
 
Arkwhizzy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: NW Arkansas
Oddometer: 1,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
I know, had to run over to Cabela's. Got me some chest waders so I can pretend I know what I'm doing when I go fishing with Magoo this w/e
Hope y'all catch (and release, for rainbows are not fit to eat) a lot of fish.
__________________
Live like someone left the gate open.
Burgman 650 & TR 650 Terra | Charter Member: T.O. Club
Arkwhizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:48 PM   #57460
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer
 
NateLePain's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Central AR
Oddometer: 4,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by joenuclear View Post
Old Forts owner and sales staff are friendly and knowledgeable. Did you look in their back warehouse? They've got a huge inventory for this market size.
Thanks. I've never been there and am only enticed by an XR1200X. My dealings for service, parts, etc... would likely be with Landers, here in Central AR. I may drive up Saturday and take a test ride.

nlp
__________________
http://instagram.com/natelepain# -
'10 Triumph Street Triple R, '09 Kawasaki KLX???S, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #57461
wayno
Beastly Adventurer
 
wayno's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: East of KCMO
Oddometer: 6,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by joenuclear View Post
The parts department can be a little clueless and just like all H-D dealers everything is geared to get you to purchase H-D branded chinese "accessories".

When I bought my StreetGlide in 08 I shopped there, Rogers and Joplin. Joplin was $1100 cheaper than Old Fort and $1550 less than Rogers. They also threw in some Harley cash to entice me to accessorize.

Old Forts owner and sales staff are friendly and knowledgeable. Did you look in their back warehouse? They've got a huge inventory for this market size.
Have heard in the past that Joplin and St. Joseph were the place to buy HD. Funny thing is best price at St. Joe was at a Jap bike dealer which im sure same guy owned both.
__________________
RIDE SAFE
wayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #57462
wayno
Beastly Adventurer
 
wayno's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: East of KCMO
Oddometer: 6,819
Side Saddle

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/01...g-motorcycles/
__________________
RIDE SAFE
wayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #57463
joenuclear
Planning.....
 
joenuclear's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: At the keyboard.
Oddometer: 6,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateLePain View Post
Thanks. I've never been there and am only enticed by an XR1200X. My dealings for service, parts, etc... would likely be with Landers, here in Central AR. I may drive up Saturday and take a test ride.

nlp
Did you ever test ride a Buell Ulysses?
joenuclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #57464
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer
 
NateLePain's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Central AR
Oddometer: 4,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by joenuclear View Post
Did you ever test ride a Buell Ulysses?
Yes after I found a step ladder, to get on and off.

nlp
__________________
http://instagram.com/natelepain# -
'10 Triumph Street Triple R, '09 Kawasaki KLX???S, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #57465
joenuclear
Planning.....
 
joenuclear's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: At the keyboard.
Oddometer: 6,404
I've had two, a LOT more HP than the XR or Sporty's.
joenuclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015