ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #60031
DrLewall
The Human GPS
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 30,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Of course you do, You probably like Windows 98 also.



just for that wise crack, I think I will make you my base camp tutor!
DrLewall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:29 AM   #60032
stuckin
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Bella Vista, AR
Oddometer: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
You don't really need to load the whole mapset. Do you really think you'll be doing a lot of riding in South Dakota, or Wyoming, or New York, or Massachusetts?

I did not see a place on there to pick what States you want to download. To me it looks like all or nothing.

But i did order a bigger gas tank so u never know

stuck
stuckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #60033
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Upstate SC
Oddometer: 8,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckin View Post
I did not see a place on there to pick what States you want to download. To me it looks like all or nothing.

But i did order a bigger gas tank so u never know

stuck
You use Mapinstall and then pick the blocks you want to send to the unit.
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:50 AM   #60034
stuckin
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Bella Vista, AR
Oddometer: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
You use Mapinstall and then pick the blocks you want to send to the unit.
Well during the install i went to see if i could find how to do that. now i cant get back to the download part. any ideas to see if its still downloading? i tried to find a un instal but cant find that.

Also i have never seen a spot where i can download this to my computer. it just lets me pick the GPS or Memory card

stuck
stuckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #60035
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Upstate SC
Oddometer: 8,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckin View Post
Well during the install i went to see if i could find how to do that. now i cant get back to the download part. any ideas to see if its still downloading? i tried to find a un instal but cant find that.

Also i have never seen a spot where i can download this to my computer. it just lets me pick the GPS or Memory card

stuck
Ahhh OK, I forgot, you don't have it on your computer. You should be able to Dl the complete map to your computer, not sure why you aren't getting the prompt to chose. Once you have it on there, you can send the map sections you need to the unit.

Go down to the installing map updates section then look at step 9

http://www8.garmin.com/documents/ins...to+computer%22
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:16 AM   #60036
DrLewall
The Human GPS
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 30,255
as many of you know, I am limited to downloads, so when it comes to the maps, I ALWAYS order the dvds for the $10 they ask..that way, I always have the disk and I dont use up my FAP nor risk a corrupt or partial download..hey stuck, oder the dvd's..you'll be glad you did
DrLewall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:34 AM   #60037
stuckin
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Bella Vista, AR
Oddometer: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
as many of you know, I am limited to downloads, so when it comes to the maps, I ALWAYS order the dvds for the $10 they ask..that way, I always have the disk and I dont use up my FAP nor risk a corrupt or partial download..hey stuck, oder the dvd's..you'll be glad you did
so on the dvds is it a how to or the maps are on there? i just got the $59 down load. they had the $79 with dvd. did i buy the wrong one? i have been looking on there web site but cant find just the dvd

stuck

stuckin screwed with this post 02-08-2013 at 10:40 AM
stuckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #60038
stuckin
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Bella Vista, AR
Oddometer: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Ahhh OK, I forgot, you don't have it on your computer. You should be able to Dl the complete map to your computer, not sure why you aren't getting the prompt to chose. Once you have it on there, you can send the map sections you need to the unit.

Go down to the installing map updates section then look at step 9

http://www8.garmin.com/documents/ins...to+computer%22

Yea when i go to down load it. i am only able to pick the sim card or the gps. i talked with the guy at garmin and he said i can only down load to those two and not the computer.
stuckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:02 AM   #60039
DrLewall
The Human GPS
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 30,255
the dvd's are the maps..just make sure you get CITY NAVIGATOR 2013.3..thats the most up to date map
DrLewall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #60040
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath
 
ozarkrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Twin Lakes, AR
Oddometer: 5,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckin View Post
Garmin etrex 30.

You guys thing downloading it to the sim card is messing it up for me? The guy at Garmin said it would run better if the maps were downloaded to the card and not to the GPS itself. Just cant get the smaller roads to show up on Basecamp.
What scale are you at? Sometime you've gotta zoom in to see the smaller roads.
__________________
O'Jay

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:16 AM   #60041
stuckin
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Bella Vista, AR
Oddometer: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkrider View Post
What scale are you at? Sometime you've gotta zoom in to see the smaller roads.

Yea i go all the way in and it will just show the main roads.

stuck
stuckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #60042
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole
 
TRZ Charlie's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Oddometer: 14,248
When you scale in your installed maps should show detail and 1 mile and in. If you go outside of one mile you will loose detail. When you build a map you will want the map scale set at 1 mile so you can see the roads. If you are at a mile or below and you just see main roads then your CNNA map is not installed.
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #60043
DrLewall
The Human GPS
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 30,255
GADS that was intense! cleared all my cookies and tried to log back in here..got the home page for ADV but no log in box..I finally highlighted the top bar on the FORUMS page and did a right click and the box magically appeared..wtf?

I am back tho!
DrLewall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #60044
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 15,309
Yes, I could feel the adrenaline coursing through my veins, it was all happening so fast, like a blur, then everything went white.



Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
GADS that was intense! cleared all my cookies and tried to log back in here..got the home page for ADV but no log in box..I finally highlighted the top bar on the FORUMS page and did a right click and the box magically appeared..wtf?

I am back tho!
__________________
In dog beers, I've only had one.
Charter member: T.O. club.
Tilt your head, not the taco.
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #60045
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Upstate SC
Oddometer: 8,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
Yes, I could feel the adrenaline coursing through my veins, it was all happening so fast, like a blur, then everything went white.
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014