ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 08:13 AM   #61546
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 16,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
Who's gonna bust him?

Some of those goats were pretty young....


__________________
Tilt your head, not the taco. - Pati Jinich
Charter member: T.O. club.

Happy Holidays DrLewall !
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:15 AM   #61547
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath
 
ozarkrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Twin Lakes, AR
Oddometer: 5,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
Who's gonna bust him?
I think Mouth is doing the voyeur thang, peekin' through the window.
__________________
O'Jay

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:28 PM   #61548
stuckin
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Bella Vista, AR
Oddometer: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkrider View Post
I think Mouth is doing the voyeur thang, peekin' through the window.
I guess thats one of those different strokes things huh?

stuck
stuckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #61549
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole
 
TRZ Charlie's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Oddometer: 15,389
Well, once again I am chasing electrical gremlins on the DRZ (no the stator is strong).

I lost power to my tank bag so I figured I had a blown fuse. Traced back to the fuse pulled it and it is fine. In the process I turned on the key switch and noticed the headlight was out. Once again no fuses blown.

So, I either have a broken wire/s, cold solder joint/s and or bad headlight switch. Fark.....
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:42 PM   #61550
stuckin
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Bella Vista, AR
Oddometer: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
Well, once again I am chasing electrical gremlins on the DRZ (no the stator is strong).

I lost power to my tank bag so I figured I had a blown fuse. Traced back to the fuse pulled it and it is fine. In the process I turned on the key switch and noticed the headlight was out. Once again no fuses blown.

So, I either have a broken wire/s, cold solder joint/s and or bad headlight switch. Fark.....

Charlie i feel ur pain.

stuck
stuckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #61551
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 16,510
so everything powered from the battery?

test the +12 from your tank connector to red on your meter, put black on meter directlly on battery negative terminal, what happens?

try the same for your head light socket.




Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
Well, once again I am chasing electrical gremlins on the DRZ (no the stator is strong).

I lost power to my tank bag so I figured I had a blown fuse. Traced back to the fuse pulled it and it is fine. In the process I turned on the key switch and noticed the headlight was out. Once again no fuses blown.

So, I either have a broken wire/s, cold solder joint/s and or bad headlight switch. Fark.....
__________________
Tilt your head, not the taco. - Pati Jinich
Charter member: T.O. club.

Happy Holidays DrLewall !
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #61552
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole
 
TRZ Charlie's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Oddometer: 15,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
so everything powered from the battery?

test the +12 from your tank connector to red on your meter, put black on meter directlly on battery negative terminal, what happens?

try the same for your head light socket.
Tank bag is powered through a relay actuated by the tail light. Tail light and blinkers (front and back) work. The relay pulls in and actuates but I have no power to the tank bag but did yesterday. Thinking this is a broken or loose wire/solder joint.

As for the headlamp the bulb filaments appear good. There is no power to that plug. So, I am thinking it might be the headlamp switch circuit but where to start. EDIT: Just found a wiring schematic for the bike and saved it as a pdf.

It's my son's birthday so we are taking him out for dinner. I won't be back on this until the morning.
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:08 PM   #61553
stuckin
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Bella Vista, AR
Oddometer: 775
Charlie being new to bikes and all just woundering why u have power to ur tank bag?
stuckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #61554
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 16,510
Enjoy the son, and the birthday dinner!

Tomorrow, things to check:

the taillight powers a relay coil, the when energized puts power to your tank bag.
you say it is pulling in, Ill assume it is clicking, so check for 12v on the input ( 30) and output lug ( 87) of the relay.
Ill assume its a common cheap bosch type headlight relay






Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
Tank bag is powered through a relay actuated by the tail light. Tail light and blinkers (front and back) work. The relay pulls in and actuates but I have no power to the tank bag but did yesterday. Thinking this is a broken or loose wire/solder joint.

As for the headlamp the bulb filaments appear good. There is no power to that plug. So, I am thinking it might be the headlamp switch circuit but where to start. EDIT: Just found a wiring schematic for the bike and saved it as a pdf.

It's my son's birthday so we are taking him out for dinner. I won't be back on this until the morning.
__________________
Tilt your head, not the taco. - Pati Jinich
Charter member: T.O. club.

Happy Holidays DrLewall !
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #61555
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 16,510
to run GPS or keep a cell phone charged Stuck.

Or in Dravintoads case, to run a hair dryer for is wife.

Magoo carrys a butt warmer pad in there, that he recharges.

I carry a snoopy toothbrush like this with me.






Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckin View Post
Charlie being new to bikes and all just woundering why u have power to ur tank bag?
__________________
Tilt your head, not the taco. - Pati Jinich
Charter member: T.O. club.

Happy Holidays DrLewall !

mouthfulloflake screwed with this post 03-05-2013 at 05:37 PM
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:10 PM   #61556
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole
 
TRZ Charlie's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Oddometer: 15,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
to run GPS or keep a cell phone charged Stuck.

Or in Dravintoads case, to run a hair dryer for is wife.

Magoo carrys a butt warmer pad in there, that he recharges.

I carry a snoopy toothbrush like this with me.

So I can charge phones and cameras
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #61557
Valentino Magoo
Like a speeding slug
 
Valentino Magoo's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Faytown, Arkansas
Oddometer: 2,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
I cant stop laughing...

I used to work with this guy, we camped a few times.
he moved down to central AR.

He and his wife got pregnant, they made this video.. It is pretty damn funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=u6FCiL13AOQ
That was pretty good. I don't know her, but I've known her for a while...she is a smart, smart gal.
__________________
It's hard to kidnap fat people -- brother Steve
12 WR 250R, 11 Burgman 650, 00 HD softtail
Charter Member: T.O. Club | You can follow My Spot | Last Ride: 2014 3 Hogs Root in the WyCoUt
SmugMug Rocks!
Valentino Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #61558
stuckin
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Bella Vista, AR
Oddometer: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
to run GPS or keep a cell phone charged Stuck.

Or in Dravintoads case, to run a hair dryer for is wife.

Magoo carrys a butt warmer pad in there, that he recharges.

I carry a snoopy toothbrush like this with me.

Mouth this summer we really need to ride together That thing would come in handy. Those BMW bikes do have everything. I need to get me one. had to edit. thought that was the snow cone machine. forget it...But at least you will have a clean smile. I could have used one fallowing Doc.

stuck
stuckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #61559
Valentino Magoo
Like a speeding slug
 
Valentino Magoo's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Faytown, Arkansas
Oddometer: 2,935
I got outta Baton Rouge at noon or so, called it a day after 250 miles. I reset my trip on first fill 70 miles outta BR.
Incredibly windy ride, but was 68-72 the whole way. Passable.
I'll ride over Mt. Magazine on the way in tomorrow. Maybe swill, maybe not. Wifey decides.
__________________
It's hard to kidnap fat people -- brother Steve
12 WR 250R, 11 Burgman 650, 00 HD softtail
Charter Member: T.O. Club | You can follow My Spot | Last Ride: 2014 3 Hogs Root in the WyCoUt
SmugMug Rocks!
Valentino Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:36 PM   #61560
stuckin
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Bella Vista, AR
Oddometer: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino Magoo View Post
I got outta Baton Rouge at noon or so, called it a day after 250 miles. I reset my trip on first fill 70 miles outta BR.
Incredibly windy ride, but was 68-72 the whole way. Passable.
I'll ride over Mt. Magazine on the way in tomorrow. Maybe swill, maybe not. Wifey decides.

Hope you have a safe ride home. It was very windy up here today. Yesterday was great weather.

Have a safe fun ride tomorrow.

stuck
stuckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014