ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 05:22 PM   #70321
ericdb7g
Gnarly Adventurer
 
ericdb7g's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Van Buren, AR
Oddometer: 301
What do you guys think of this?

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/mcy/4074849969.html

It's a 2002 Triumph Tiger 955i for $3500. I talked to the guy today, and I don't think he's had any bites, so I may be able to get it for around $3000 in a month or two. As most of you know, my dream bike is a new Tiger 800XC, but that's way outside my price range. This looks like something I could work with in the meantime.

It's really not that much heavier than my KLR, and I just really want a triple.

Here are a couple random photos of the same color in case you aren't familiar with the bike:



ericdb7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:31 PM   #70322
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 15,581
Eric,

a buddy had one of those a while back, I rode it.

2 stroke type power
fun on the street a nightmare off road

it is pretty and it is cheap in the grand scheme but I wouldn't want one
__________________
In dog beers, I've only had one.
Charter member: T.O. club.
Tilt your head, not the taco.
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:33 PM   #70323
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 15,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
You'll bitch anyway.
dude!

it's not a stator
I can deal with it
__________________
In dog beers, I've only had one.
Charter member: T.O. club.
Tilt your head, not the taco.
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:56 PM   #70324
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer
 
NateLePain's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Central AR
Oddometer: 4,623
There used be a Tiger for sale, at 412 Pawn in Chickendale. It was the owner's bike.

nlp
__________________
Instagram - http://instagram.com/natelepain#

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:09 PM   #70325
Scribe
£Bob£
 
Scribe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: In my natural state
Oddometer: 6,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post


fun on the street a nightmare off road
This ^
__________________
"Do or do not. There is no 'try.'"
— Yoda
Scribe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:45 PM   #70326
ericdb7g
Gnarly Adventurer
 
ericdb7g's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Van Buren, AR
Oddometer: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
Eric,

a buddy had one of those a while back, I rode it.

2 stroke type power
fun on the street a nightmare off road

it is pretty and it is cheap in the grand scheme but I wouldn't want one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
This ^
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateLePain View Post
There used be a Tiger for sale, at 412 Pawn in Chickendale. It was the owner's bike.

nlp
Well I figured on these responses. I'm still curious about the bike though!
ericdb7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:46 PM   #70327
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 15,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdb7g View Post
Well I figured on these responses. I'm still curious about the bike though!
buy it and ride, then you can tell us how it works out.


__________________
In dog beers, I've only had one.
Charter member: T.O. club.
Tilt your head, not the taco.
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:12 PM   #70328
The Toyman
Handy not Handsome
 
The Toyman's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Next Door
Oddometer: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrascout View Post
Sorry, I missed the send off and get together Sunday. Looks like I missed out on some good eats. But on the positive side, I figure I worked off about 1/2 of all the calories that were consumed at Charlie by loading tables and chairs.

Question for Teddly, Toyman or any of you diesel burners. Hauling that load back to town help reveal some potential injector and or other problems with the dodge. She got the load home and pulled back to all the needed places this morning but needs some attention. Any recommendations on diesel mechanics in the area?

Thanks,
If its cummins I would try Chris Luttrell
__________________
My Spot
XR650R, XR250R, SledgeHammer Rigid, 1969 Rokon MK3
3 Hogs Root in the WyCoUt Trails of the West Lite 2011 Hogs n Dinosaurs

Faster, Faster, Faster! Till the trill of speed overcomes the fear of death
The Toyman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:08 PM   #70329
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer
 
NateLePain's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Central AR
Oddometer: 4,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdb7g View Post
Well I figured on these responses. I'm still curious about the bike though!
You figured there might be one for sale, in your backyard, that you could go look at, swing a leg over and maybe test ride?


BTW, I have a Triumph StRiple, love the engine and am Triumph fanboy. Now O'jay he may not be much a fan of the Tiger if you're still curious...

FWIW, if I was looking for a multi-cylinder bike to ride the freeway and take off-road, I'd be looking at the CBR500X with a skid plate and some fork skins.

nlp
__________________
Instagram - http://instagram.com/natelepain#

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:51 PM   #70330
ericdb7g
Gnarly Adventurer
 
ericdb7g's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Van Buren, AR
Oddometer: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateLePain View Post
You figured there might be one for sale, in your backyard, that you could go look at, swing a leg over and maybe test ride?


BTW, I have a Triumph StRiple, love the engine and am Triumph fanboy. Now O'jay he may not be much a fan of the Tiger if you're still curious...

FWIW, if I was looking for a multi-cylinder bike to ride the freeway and take off-road, I'd be looking at the CBR500X with a skid plate and some fork skins.

nlp
At least on Craig's list there aren't any near here. I haven't checked any bike shops though.

Spoke rims are going to be mandatory for me and the main reason I like the triumph is the motor. I'm OK with the two-stroke like power curve. The tiger looks as though it could take a beating (for what it is)

ericdb7g screwed with this post 09-30-2013 at 09:00 PM
ericdb7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #70331
ericdb7g
Gnarly Adventurer
 
ericdb7g's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Van Buren, AR
Oddometer: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
buy it and ride, then you can tell us how it works out.


I appreciate all the responses, but Ithink this is the advice im going with :)
ericdb7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:04 PM   #70332
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer
 
NateLePain's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Central AR
Oddometer: 4,623
My post isn't a joke. Call 412 Pawn tomorrow and ask the owner.

nlp
__________________
Instagram - http://instagram.com/natelepain#

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:43 PM   #70333
mdawg12
Old and Slow
 
mdawg12's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Siloam Springs, Arkansas
Oddometer: 1,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdb7g View Post
What do you guys think of this?

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/mcy/4074849969.html

It's a 2002 Triumph Tiger 955i for $3500. I talked to the guy today, and I don't think he's had any bites, so I may be able to get it for around $3000 in a month or two. As most of you know, my dream bike is a new Tiger 800XC, but that's way outside my price range. This looks like something I could work with in the meantime.

It's really not that much heavier than my KLR, and I just really want a triple.

Here are a couple random photos of the same color in case you aren't familiar with the bike:
KBB trade in value is $2,710 top retail is $3,955. Offer $2,800 then go to $3,000 that would seem to be a good price. Rear tire looks worn. I think they are cool bikes. Be rough on the trail. Would you keep the KLR? Hard to have 1 bike for all kinds of riding conditions. You need pick up a dirt orientated bike to go with it.
__________________
2006 KTM 450 EXC - Tagged
2005 BMW R1200GS
2001 BMW F650GS
mdawg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:52 AM   #70334
Scribe
£Bob£
 
Scribe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: In my natural state
Oddometer: 6,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdb7g View Post
I appreciate all the responses, but Ithink this is the advice im going with :)
Just remember, it has to get all the way around the Blue Loop.
__________________
"Do or do not. There is no 'try.'"
— Yoda
Scribe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:15 AM   #70335
Scribe
£Bob£
 
Scribe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: In my natural state
Oddometer: 6,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdb7g View Post
At least on Craig's list there aren't any near here. I haven't checked any bike shops though.
This one's cheaper, more miles and older.

http://fayar.craigslist.org/mcy/4091531725.html
__________________
"Do or do not. There is no 'try.'"
— Yoda
Scribe is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014