ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #72616
Scribe
£Bob£
 
Scribe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: In my natural state
Oddometer: 6,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmus4357 View Post
All these new bikes are making me feel like a need a new bike!
You do. A 2006 Husky TE 610, in fact.
__________________
"Do or do not. There is no 'try.'"
— Yoda

Man Ball Rolls Through Coloutahrado 2014!
Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #72617
mattmus4357
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Fayetteville, AR, USA, North America, Earth
Oddometer: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
You do. A 2006 Husky TE 610, in fact.
Sure thing, drop it off and I'll write you a check....
__________________
'07 Yamaha TW200
'08 Kawasaki Versys
mattmus4357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:18 PM   #72618
Dirt2007
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: NEOK
Oddometer: 1,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
Yeah, but they say KTM on 'em. That just wouldn't do on a Husky.

Sure it would, they are owned by the same company in a round about way.
Dirt2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:22 PM   #72619
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer
 
NateLePain's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Central AR
Oddometer: 4,713
Congrats Charlie... Did you get it from the dealer in Muskogee?

nlp
__________________
Instagram - http://instagram.com/natelepain#

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:11 PM   #72620
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 16,246
Just got back to work from visiting with the Water service meter reader.

apparently someone has been stealing my water Doc!

No seriously, the meter shows we used 100,000 gallons of water in the last 28 days.

unpossible I say, there was a ruptured main on the street a couple of weeks ago, no leaks in the house, or under the house.

The guy was nice, but I suspect there will be a fight involved.
__________________
Keep in mind that O.J. Simpson was not indicted either.
Charter member: T.O. club.
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:15 PM   #72621
tcourdin
Resident Spooner
 
tcourdin's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Oddometer: 10,444
Oh shiznit! That'll be pricey! Is the meter running? A running toilet can rack up a huge bill. We had a toilet run on a vacant home recently and it went unnoticed for a month, it was a nice $1k+ surprise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
Just got back to work from visiting with the Water service meter reader.

apparently someone has been stealing my water Doc!

No seriously, the meter shows we used 100,000 gallons of water in the last 28 days.

unpossible I say, there was a ruptured main on the street a couple of weeks ago, no leaks in the house, or under the house.

The guy was nice, but I suspect there will be a fight involved.
__________________
My SPOT
tcourdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #72622
wayno
Beastly Adventurer
 
wayno's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: East of KCMO
Oddometer: 6,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
Yup, got a new baby for my garage too. Pick it up Friday.

Likey
__________________
RIDE SAFE
1998 KTM RXCE LC4, DR650, 07 DL650
Very obtuse at times
"Never wrestle with a pig. You just get dirty, and the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
wayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #72623
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 16,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post
Oh shiznit! That'll be pricey! Is the meter running? A running toilet can rack up a huge bill. We had a toilet run on a vacant home recently and it went unnoticed for a month, it was a nice $1k+ surprise!
the guy counted 3 gallons in an hour, wife also made a pot of coffee during that hour.

so 3x24 x 28 day billing cycle = 2016 gallons of water, not 100,000

thats 10x what our bill normally is.

I plan to shut it all off when i get home and watch the meter for a while.
__________________
Keep in mind that O.J. Simpson was not indicted either.
Charter member: T.O. club.
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #72624
tcourdin
Resident Spooner
 
tcourdin's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Oddometer: 10,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
the guy counted 3 gallons in an hour, wife also made a pot of coffee during that hour.

so 3x24 x 28 day billing cycle = 2016 gallons of water, not 100,000

thats 10x what our bill normally is.

I plan to shut it all off when i get home and watch the meter for a while.
Yeah somethings wonky. Be sure to check your water heater "pop off" valve and the other normal stuff. I would think for 100k usage that meter would be spinning pretty good.

We have had some main lines in the yard break and they run weird usage, sometimes run more than others.
__________________
My SPOT
tcourdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:32 PM   #72625
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 16,246
Oh yeah, the laundry room floor is dry, so the T&P on the heater tank is solid.

__________________
Keep in mind that O.J. Simpson was not indicted either.
Charter member: T.O. club.
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #72626
tcourdin
Resident Spooner
 
tcourdin's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Oddometer: 10,444
Maybe if I cut down on the long hot showers with your wife the usage will go waaaay down?
__________________
My SPOT
tcourdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:44 PM   #72627
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 16,246
90,000 of extra water this month.

thats 3214 gallons a day for 28 days
or 134 gallons per hour

lets see two showers with 2 gallons per minute would be 240 per hour.
so basically if we were taking showers for about 14 hours per day ( both showers for 20 hours per day) we could use that much water.



simply UN possible without water damage, or a soggy yard.

Someone missed a digit, or decimal place, or something.
__________________
Keep in mind that O.J. Simpson was not indicted either.
Charter member: T.O. club.
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #72628
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole
 
TRZ Charlie's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Oddometer: 15,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
90,000 of extra water this month.

thats 3214 gallons a day for 28 days
or 134 gallons per hour

lets see two showers with 2 gallons per minute would be 240 per hour.
so basically if we were taking showers for about 14 hours per day ( both showers for 20 hours per day) we could use that much water.



simply UN possible without water damage, or a soggy yard.

Someone missed a digit, or decimal place, or something.
Maybe more guys than just Ted has been showering there?
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #72629
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole
 
TRZ Charlie's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Oddometer: 15,156
Sniff...I put the DRZ in the Flea Market. That's a really hard thing to do when you've ridden a bike this long.
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:04 PM   #72630
Dravintoad
Toadthumpin
 
Dravintoad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Oddometer: 1,750
That sucks a fat one Mouth. I've heard similar stories like that, and you're right, it wasn't pretty. I hope you or they figure out the glitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
Just got back to work from visiting with the Water service meter reader.

apparently someone has been stealing my water Doc!

No seriously, the meter shows we used 100,000 gallons of water in the last 28 days.

unpossible I say, there was a ruptured main on the street a couple of weeks ago, no leaks in the house, or under the house.

The guy was nice, but I suspect there will be a fight involved.
__________________
Coitus Thou, Thou coital coitus.
Dravintoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014