ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #73036
kross kountry
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: NW Arkansas
Oddometer: 53
Pine Sol Soak

Ok so I have the carb from the XR100 setting in a Pine Sol bath (straight up no water). How long should I let it soak? The gas was over two years old and had turned to into a nice dark amber goo.
kross kountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:20 PM   #73037
Scribe
£Bob£
 
Scribe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: In my natural state
Oddometer: 6,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by kross kountry View Post
Ok so I have the carb from the XR100 setting in a Pine Sol bath (straight up no water). How long should I let it soak? The gas was over two years old and had turned to into a nice dark amber goo.
At least overnight. Longer is better. You take the carb apart?
__________________
"Do or do not. There is no 'try.'"
— Yoda
Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:28 PM   #73038
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 15,827
There is also this option kross kountry

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor-H...22c277&vxp=mtr

likely not as good as OEM, but you could still be riding the bike, and its good levers,screws, and other parts for your oem refresh.
__________________
In dog beers, I've only had one.
Charter member: T.O. club.
Tilt your head, not the taco.
mouthfulloflake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:36 PM   #73039
kross kountry
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: NW Arkansas
Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
At least overnight. Longer is better. You take the carb apart?
Not completely. I did not pull the jets or the float, yet.
kross kountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #73040
kross kountry
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: NW Arkansas
Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
There is also this option kross kountry

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor-H...22c277&vxp=mtr

likely not as good as OEM, but you could still be riding the bike, and its good levers,screws, and other parts for your oem refresh.
I did see that one. But I do like to tinker with bikes when I have time. If I can't get this carb to work, I'll go that route.
kross kountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #73041
DrLewall
The Human GPS
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 31,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by kross kountry View Post
Not completely. I did not pull the jets or the float, yet.
I wudda pulled it all apart..jets, needles and all..thats just me tho
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #73042
kross kountry
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: NW Arkansas
Oddometer: 53
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
I wudda pulled it all apart..jets, needles and all..thats just me tho
There you go making it difficult again.
kross kountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #73043
Dragon43
If you insist.
 
Dragon43's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Central Arkansas
Oddometer: 5,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by kross kountry View Post
I did see that one. But I do like to tinker with bikes when I have time. If I can't get this carb to work, I'll go that route.
__________________
Shouda, woulda, coulda but dint.
Dragon43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #73044
mdawg12
Old and Slow
 
mdawg12's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Siloam Springs, Arkansas
Oddometer: 1,588
Well the DRZ has a new home. Pretty sure the new owner will take good care of it. Thanks Mark.

Now I guess I have to go out and buy a new Husky......not.

I'm making up my wish list for the KTM though
__________________
2006 KTM 450 EXC - Tagged
2005 BMW R1200GS
2001 BMW F650GS
mdawg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:41 PM   #73045
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: TX
Oddometer: 1,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdawg12 View Post
Well the DRZ has a new home. Pretty sure the new owner will take good care of it. Thanks Mark.

Now I guess I have to go out and buy a new Husky......not.

I'm making up my wish list for the KTM though
I recommend a yellow legal pad.
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #73046
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 15,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by kross kountry View Post
There you go making it difficult again.
air pressure, and carb cleaner works much of the time, although I ALWAYS get the carb cleaner in my eyes.

Ive grown pretty fond of just using a length of guitar string, it will dislodge anything that is not going to require replacement usually.

or you could use ethanol free fuel, and more importantly ride it more.

__________________
In dog beers, I've only had one.
Charter member: T.O. club.
Tilt your head, not the taco.
mouthfulloflake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #73047
kross kountry
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: NW Arkansas
Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
air pressure, and carb cleaner works much of the time, although I ALWAYS get the carb cleaner in my eyes.

Ive grown pretty fond of just using a length of guitar string, it will dislodge anything that is not going to require replacement usually.

or you could use ethanol free fuel, and more importantly ride it more.

I agree. Use it or Lose it !!! Just so happens thats how I ended up with it. The last owner never rode it.
kross kountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:36 PM   #73048
tcourdin
Resident Spooner
 
tcourdin's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Oddometer: 10,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
Out.
Its a Christmas miracle!
__________________
My SPOT
tcourdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #73049
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 15,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post
Its a Christmas miracle!
HIdee Ho!

__________________
In dog beers, I've only had one.
Charter member: T.O. club.
Tilt your head, not the taco.
mouthfulloflake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #73050
Scribe
£Bob£
 
Scribe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: In my natural state
Oddometer: 6,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdawg12 View Post
Well the DRZ has a new home. Pretty sure the new owner will take good care of it. Thanks Mark.

Now I guess I have to go out and buy a new Husky......not.

I'm making up my wish list for the KTM though
Big bore kit on the way yet?
__________________
"Do or do not. There is no 'try.'"
— Yoda
Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014