ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-18-2013, 02:52 PM   #74026
Scribe
£Bob£
 
Scribe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: In my natural state
Oddometer: 6,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post
Bwaahahahaha^

See, no KTM's for me.
Almost 50,000 miles and the damn battery cable keeps vibrating loose. Piece of crap! I should sell it and buy a BMW.


Edit: This guy should have done that a long, long time ago:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=31

That's in miles, BTW, not kilometers.
__________________
"Do or do not. There is no 'try.'"
— Yoda
Scribe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #74027
joenuclear
Planning.....
 
joenuclear's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Oddometer: 6,045
Where is the decimal point?
__________________
"They bought me a box of tin soldiers, I threw all the Generals away, I smashed up the Sergeants and Majors, Now I play with my Privates all day."
joenuclear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #74028
Valentino Magoo
Like a speeding slug
 
Valentino Magoo's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Faytown, Arkansas
Oddometer: 2,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon43 View Post
I dint see no sails in the picture......
Well, way too much work before we sail on Saturday delivery day. But, I hauled a sail up just for you. Deck work (a couple replacement parts) still to do. Diesel control work and main wiring done this afternoon. Deck won't be redone until next week now anyway. Interior lights and cleanup start tomorrow, but I'll keep posting some "before" shots for you.


__________________
12 WR 250R, 11 Burgman 650, 00 HD softtail
Charter Member: T.O. Club...........You can follow My Spot
Valentino Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #74029
Arkwhizzy
Arky by choice
 
Arkwhizzy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: NW Arkansas
Oddometer: 906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino Magoo View Post
Home for 5 days.
Yea, yea yea rub it in. We have crappy weather on the way in. Hope a hermit crab bites you on your pecker.
__________________
Burgman 650 & TR 650 Terra | Charter Member: T.O. Club
Arkwhizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #74030
k1w1t1m
Kiwi
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: NW Arkansas
Oddometer: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
Almost 50,000 miles and the damn battery cable keeps vibrating loose. Piece of crap! I should sell it and buy a BMW.


Edit: This guy should have done that a long, long time ago:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=31

That's in miles, BTW, not kilometers.
Somewhere on here is a picture of Hank's BMW 1100. It is nearing 500K miles.
__________________
It's all for Jesus, CMA Faith Riders, Chapter 732

'01 BMW R1150GS
k1w1t1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:03 PM   #74031
DrLewall
The Human GPS
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 30,133
for you slackers who missed the ride to Siloam today missed out on a GREAT ride! 7 of us took to the mud and dirt, had a blast! Up until we came upon 1/4 mile of slick ass ice! Mattymussy has the vid!
DrLewall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #74032
Scribe
£Bob£
 
Scribe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: In my natural state
Oddometer: 6,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino Magoo View Post
Well, way too much work before we sail on Saturday delivery day. But, I hauled a sail up just for you. Deck work (a couple replacement parts) still to do. Diesel control work and main wiring done this afternoon. Deck won't be redone until next week now anyway. Interior lights and cleanup start tomorrow, but I'll keep posting some "before" shots for you.


That looks like a lot of fun … from a distance. I used to love to work on my Precision 21, but it after awhile it got old. Fun boat to sail though. I miss sailing.
__________________
"Do or do not. There is no 'try.'"
— Yoda
Scribe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:07 PM   #74033
DrLewall
The Human GPS
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 30,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
That looks like a lot of fun … from a distance. I used to love to work on my Precision 21, but it after awhile it got old. Fun boat to sail though. I miss sailors.
fixt
DrLewall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #74034
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 15,278
It seems I remember a very similar scenario in a sand pit near MT view.


__________________
In dog beers, I've only had one.
Charter member: T.O. club.
Tilt your head, not the taco.
mouthfulloflake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #74035
10Cup
Beastly Adventurer
 
10Cup's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: NW Arkansas
Oddometer: 2,499
Yup, headed out myself and went about 10 miles until I came up on a big patch of ice covering the complete road. Turned around and went home. Don't feel like bust'n my but. I can wait.
__________________
10Cup - WR250R - BMW R1200GS
Trails of the West 2011 Moab/Western TAT 2010 Continental Divide Ride 09 Route 66 Ride SPOT Tracker
The cost of living's going up, and the chance of livin's going down.
10Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:28 PM   #74036
DrLewall
The Human GPS
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 30,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Cup View Post
Yup, headed out myself and went about 10 miles until I came up on a big patch of ice covering the complete road. Turned around and went home. Don't feel like bust'n my but. I can wait.
our ice was on that road on the south side of Lake Francis east of hwy 59..solid ice on the north side of that bluff..pucker factor 9.98! We got thru it..we all looked like we had outriggers on the bikes..toes up and feet pretending to be skis..it was gawd awful!
DrLewall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:28 PM   #74037
mattmus4357
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Fayetteville, AR, USA, North America, Earth
Oddometer: 666
Ice video should be up later tonight...maybe tomorrow....maybe next week....who the hell knows.


Hey Mouth, I stopped by HD and bought one of those bags. That thing is a lot nicer than what I was thinking.
__________________
'07 Yamaha TW200
'08 Kawasaki Versys
mattmus4357 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:29 PM   #74038
mattmus4357
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Fayetteville, AR, USA, North America, Earth
Oddometer: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
it was gawd awful!
You have no sense of adventure, I thought it was pretty fun!
__________________
'07 Yamaha TW200
'08 Kawasaki Versys
mattmus4357 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:29 PM   #74039
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid
 
mouthfulloflake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 15,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmus4357 View Post
Ice video should be up later tonight...maybe tomorrow....maybe next week....who the hell knows.


Hey Mouth, I stopped by HD and bought one of those bags. That thing is a lot nicer than what I was thinking.
hard to beat for $9 in my opinion.


__________________
In dog beers, I've only had one.
Charter member: T.O. club.
Tilt your head, not the taco.
mouthfulloflake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #74040
mattmus4357
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Fayetteville, AR, USA, North America, Earth
Oddometer: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
hard to beat for $9 in my opinion.


Impossible to beat for $9. I may stop by tomorrow at lunch and see if they still have another.
__________________
'07 Yamaha TW200
'08 Kawasaki Versys
mattmus4357 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014