Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2009, 03:49 PM   #31
XPADREX
Funslinger

Oddometer: 7,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicorSHX
We're getting allot of requests for the BMW's. Unfortunately the bars aren't compatible with our system right now. Because of requests, we're going to design a BMW external bar end version soon. I will keep you posted.

Would that apply to the (single cylinder) F650GS/Dakar as well?
XPADREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:32 PM   #32
RicorSHX OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPADREX
Would that apply to the (single cylinder) F650GS/Dakar as well?
Your handlebar ends need to be hollow. I'm researching what can be done with the heated grip wiring and the threaded insert the bar bar weight bolts into.

On a side note, we have developed a front fork damping insert that will transform your Dakar. We signed off the DR650 version first and the reviews are starting to roll in. Please check it out.

www.ricorshocks.com

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...t=intiminators
RicorSHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:11 PM   #33
Tree Hugger Mike
Injury Prone-Lately

Oddometer: 31
This product sounds great! I have a 2007 KTM 300 XCW and can't ride the bike for more than an hour before my hands are completely numb from the vibration. The bike has only 400 miles on it and is in great shape. I tried riding my first enduro (Scrubby Pine) 2 weeks ago and after an hour or so, I had to stop every 3-5 minutes to shake my hands and to regain feeling. It was very painfull and could not finish the ride. I read that filling the bars with expandable foam or caulk would help but it certainly did not. I filled the bars this past Friday with a self leveling caulk and tried to ride the Greenbriar enduro yesterday with no success. Again, 1 hour into the ride and the numbness set in. Once the hands start to go numb, I can't physically feel the clutch and throttle control. Absolutely horrible. If I don't fix the problem, then I will be forced to sell the bike for possible a 4 stroke with less vibration. I think the problem is more the higher frequency on the buzzing than actual vibration, because the bars feel ok during the initially. I have the stock KTM Neken bars with Enduro Engineering handguards. Will this product work? Please help!
Tree Hugger Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:33 PM   #34
RicorSHX OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree Hugger Mike
This product sounds great! I have a 2007 KTM 300 XCW and can't ride the bike for more than an hour before my hands are completely numb from the vibration. The bike has only 400 miles on it and is in great shape. I tried riding my first enduro (Scrubby Pine) 2 weeks ago and after an hour or so, I had to stop every 3-5 minutes to shake my hands and to regain feeling. It was very painfull and could not finish the ride. I read that filling the bars with expandable foam or caulk would help but it certainly did not. I filled the bars this past Friday with a self leveling caulk and tried to ride the Greenbriar enduro yesterday with no success. Again, 1 hour into the ride and the numbness set in. Once the hands start to go numb, I can't physically feel the clutch and throttle control. Absolutely horrible. If I don't fix the problem, then I will be forced to sell the bike for possible a 4 stroke with less vibration. I think the problem is more the higher frequency on the buzzing than actual vibration, because the bars feel ok during the initially. I have the stock KTM Neken bars with Enduro Engineering handguards. Will this product work? Please help!
Yes, they work with Enduro handguards. We haven't had any problems with any stock KTM bars. We really look forward to your feedback. Selling these to a KTM dealership is like selling 'pussy in a mining camp'.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:58 AM   #35
Navaho
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicorSHX
Yes, they work with Enduro handguards. We haven't had any problems with any stock KTM bars. We really look forward to your feedback. Selling these to a KTM dealership is like selling 'pussy in a mining camp'.
I could not find a contact #, email address, or mailing address for your company on your website.

I am very interested in trying your product as I had a bad case of CTS two years ago from a hand injury. It still bothers me a little today but is manageable with bar end weights and soft grips. Your product may be just what I need.

Navaho screwed with this post 04-07-2009 at 05:47 PM
Navaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:53 PM   #36
RicorSHX OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navaho
I could not find a contact #, email address, or mailing address for your company on your website.

I am very interested in trying your product as I had a bad case of CTS two years ago from a hand injury. It still bothers me a little today but is manageable with bar end weights and soft grips. Your product may be just what I need.
I get to work on that!

(888) 630 7776 ext 1
7715 Commercial Way # 110
Henderson, NV 89011
don@vibranator.com
Old 04-07-2009, 08:13 PM   #37
Sasquatch
Banned

Oddometer: 4,770
Got them installed in my 2001 LC4 640 aka: the paintshaker, because it will shake the paint right off the bike. Installation was painless. Fired her in the garage and went for a quick spin around the block.

Did they get rid of the vibrations? No. Did they reduce them? Yes. My best guess is that it knocked 35-45% of the vibrations out of the handle bars. Not the miracle I was hoping for, but worth the $$.

If I was to offer a suggestion to the engineers it would be this. I feel that when used in conjunction with the Acerbis rally guards, it places the dampener to far inbound to reduce the vibes. The dampener needs to be out near the end of the bars. i.e. design and incorporate a small locking device in the end of the dampener so it moves it outward farther.

Find a solution for that and you would be getting closer.
Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:41 PM   #38
MTDewX8
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 508
I read about the W/O threads. I have the X-challenge and it has threads that I am not using wtih my Cycra's.

what part # for my stock handle bars wtih Cycra hand guards?
Old 04-09-2009, 09:18 AM   #39
RicorSHX OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTDewX8
I read about the W/O threads. I have the X-challenge and it has threads that I am not using wtih my Cycra's.

what part # for my stock handle bars wtih Cycra hand guards?

All bars with hand guards EXCEPT BMW
Our Price: $69.95

is the model to order IF you can use the internal Cycra bar end anchors. Otherwise you need to get new bars, it's worth it.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:51 AM   #40
mantan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 446
Will it fit the Aprilia RXV handlebar with Aprilia handguards?
You quoted RXV_Poor in the first post, who has the same bike, but his testimonial is on his KTM. Did he try it on the RXV also? Thanks!
mantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:04 PM   #41
RicorSHX OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantan
You quoted RXV_Poor in the first post, who has the same bike, but his testimonial is on his KTM. Did he try it on the RXV also? Thanks!
I've PM'd RXV_Poor and asked him the chime in. He put these in almost everything he has.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:44 PM   #42
RXV_Poor
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantan
I gave my stock Aprilia/Magura handlebars away years ago (Yes I've had RXV for years. Kind of scary isn't it?) If I remember correctly if you use the Aprilia/Acerbics handguards it will attach to the longer bolt. I think the problem is with where the bar tapers down. If they fit on the stock KTM bars they should fit the Aprilia bars. I have Pro Taper bars (CR Mid) with Vibranators installed.

I use Flexxbars on my RXV 550 & 950 ADV with Vibranators. When I get enough $ I'll be putting Flexx bars on my 525XC with Vibranators.

If you have hand grip issues this setup helps! For the $ the Vibranators are your best bet.

I hope this answers your questions.
07 KTM 525EXC
07 Aprilia RXV 550
AMA, BLC, D36, IMBA, STM
Disclaimer:

I'm impulsive, hard headed and sometimes really stupid. Please do not take anything I say or do as a "correct thing" or a "fix" as it could be harmful to your wallet or person.
RXV_Poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:41 AM   #43
Ciampa
Baja 2010!

Oddometer: 466
What's the difference between the Vibranators and the Fasst inserts? What is the weight? Reduction in vibration?

http://www.fasstco.com/products/insert.shtml

Ciampa screwed with this post 04-10-2009 at 10:47 AM
Ciampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:29 PM   #44
RicorSHX OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciampa
What's the difference between the Vibranators and the Fasst inserts? What is the weight? Reduction in vibration?
The Vibranator is a TUNED mass DAMPER/harmonic absorber. The Faast appears to be a weight. I have inspected them and IMO have not found the elements that would make it a TUNED mass DAMPER. A weight will change the the frequency the bar will resonate at. Just like a guitar string, the bar has a resonate frequency it will vibrate at if it's not DAMPENED. Everything has a resonate frequency, a building, a car body/chassis, baseball bat, tennis racket, Fergie's butt, golf club, a rock, everything. A TUNED mass DAMPER/ harmonic absorber puts a stop to it very efficiently. The weight per side is 2.2 oz for the aluminum bars and 2.4 oz for the steel bar version. Our test instruments showed an 80% reduction in the vibration level. That's when we knew it was time to apply for a patent and start a company.

Vibranators: tight fit but leaves a smile ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
sportytrace

RicorSHX screwed with this post 04-11-2009 at 09:46 PM
Old 05-13-2009, 04:39 AM   #45
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,333
Will these work with threaded bar end inserts?