ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 11:51 AM   #61
mtbdemon
Studly Adventurer
 
mtbdemon's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Beaverton Oregon
Oddometer: 926
Ordered

I just ordered mine. I hope they work!!!
__________________
I am a leaf on the wind, watch me.....ride (I know, it makes no sense)
2007 YZ 250F SOLD
1998 KTM 620 Adventure
2004 KTM 200 EXC
mtbdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:29 AM   #62
mtbdemon
Studly Adventurer
 
mtbdemon's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Beaverton Oregon
Oddometer: 926
Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdemon
I just ordered mine. I hope they work!!!
I installed mine yesterday and went for a ride. I'm not sure I feel any difference. Perhaps I need to take them out and remind myself?
If there is a difference it seems to be small although perhaps I was mentally telling myself there would be no vibration and since thats not possible maybe I'm being hyper sensative.....just not sure.
__________________
I am a leaf on the wind, watch me.....ride (I know, it makes no sense)
2007 YZ 250F SOLD
1998 KTM 620 Adventure
2004 KTM 200 EXC
mtbdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:15 PM   #63
thistle66
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Scotland
Oddometer: 372
Triumph Scrambler w/ Moose ATV-Hi bars?

I have a set of Moose ATV-Hi bars (http://www.leossouth.com/eshopprod_c...ARBON_STEE.htm) that I'm gonna install soon on my Triumph Scrambler. (hopefully soon; ...I still have my intimators in a box for when I have time to do it all....It's ridiculous how slow I am; currently two wee kids to look after...).

A scram rider tried the Vibranator and didn't see much difference (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11197065&postcount=15); but that's stock bars I guess. Anyone got any ideas how effectively this might work with the Moose bars on a scram?? Perhaps this is a question that's not gonna get a definitive answer unless someone's got that setup, but any ideas or pointers would help.

I guess a better qn would be: Is the Vibranator effective over a wide range of handlebars/bikes combos? Or does it need to be "tuned" to a particular setup?


edit: the stock bars buzz a bit but nothing crazy. dunno how the Moose bars will be, but I'll take anything that helps (I have a sore wrist on my right hand which is fine as long as I don't overstress it; then if I do it bugs me for a long time until I rest it plenty)

thistle66 screwed with this post 11-18-2009 at 03:24 PM
thistle66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:58 PM   #64
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick
 
BK.RD.RNR's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Watching Kenny61 Ground Assault Videos
Oddometer: 5,160
08 690 enduro

Which ones should I order. Stock bars/ handgards. please advise, have been experiencing a lot of numbness since moving bars to personalize the bike. Thanks!

BK.RD.RNR screwed with this post 11-18-2009 at 01:16 PM
BK.RD.RNR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:52 PM   #65
Hal@Ricor
Hal@Ricor
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK.RD.RNR
Which ones should I order. Stock bars/ handgards. please advise, have been experiencing a lot of numbness since moving bars to personalize the bike. Thanks!
Vibrinators are guaranteed to help arm pump and the numbness you are experiencing. You may not notice the difference at idle or sitting on the bike playing with the throttle but at the end of the day you will. If for some reason you do not, pull them out and Ricor will send you a call tag to have them returned and refund your purchase price. Also check how tight you locked down your bars since you moved or adjusted them. If they are too tight or you squished the washer/spacer flat (not exactly sure how yours is set up but it has been an issue for others) that may be contributing to your current problem.
As an example they will not take the shake out the bars on a Harley at idle but they really do wonders once up to speed to take out the buzz that is causing your arm problem... guaranteed!!!
Hal@Ricor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 06:13 PM   #66
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick
 
BK.RD.RNR's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Watching Kenny61 Ground Assault Videos
Oddometer: 5,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal@Ricor
Vibrinators are guaranteed to help arm pump and the numbness you are experiencing. You may not notice the difference at idle or sitting on the bike playing with the throttle but at the end of the day you will. If for some reason you do not, pull them out and Ricor will send you a call tag to have them returned and refund your purchase price. Also check how tight you locked down your bars since you moved or adjusted them. If they are too tight or you squished the washer/spacer flat (not exactly sure how yours is set up but it has been an issue for others) that may be contributing to your current problem.
As an example they will not take the shake out the bars on a Harley at idle but they really do wonders once up to speed to take out the buzz that is causing your arm problem... guaranteed!!!
No washers/ spacers on my setup, but I do have a habit of over tightening things...

But the real question is which ones do I order?

And if they don't work and I want to return them, will I be able to get them back out of the bars?

Thanks.
BK.RD.RNR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 06:23 PM   #67
Hal@Ricor
Hal@Ricor
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK.RD.RNR
No washers/ spacers on my setup, but I do have a habit of over tightening things...

But the real question is which ones do I order?

And if they don't work and I want to return them, will I be able to get them back out of the bars?

Thanks.
Check the link to the Vibrantor web site on ricorshocks.com. You should be able to determine the correct size from there. If not PM Don. Yes you can remove them. Perhaps a little more difficult than installing them but we have had them in and out on a lot of different bikes in the development process.
Hal@Ricor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:16 AM   #68
rufus
We're burning daylight...
 
rufus's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Coweta Oklahoma
Oddometer: 3,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal@Ricor
Check the link to the Vibrantor web site on ricorshocks.com. You should be able to determine the correct size from there. If not PM Don. Yes you can remove them. Perhaps a little more difficult than installing them but we have had them in and out on a lot of different bikes in the development process.


I didn't find a link there. The website i clicked to on the first post here listed them by BIKE. This seems silly. I have a KTM 525 and a Goldwing. Neither is listed. They should be listed by SIZE. That would eliminate most questions.

I am fascinated by your shock. I have been doing my own revalve for over 20 years. It is always a compromise. You seem to have bridged the compromise. I wish you made them for dirtbikes.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:13 PM   #69
jdeatsch
46 years of motorcycling
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Penfield, Neu Yawk
Oddometer: 4
Talking

Interesting,

I stumbled upon this 'discount' after joining here but it doesn't appear to work.

Mayhap I'll let the vibranator folks know.

Jim

The parts falling off this motorcycle are of the finest American (occasionally) manufacture.
jdeatsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:03 AM   #70
jdeatsch
46 years of motorcycling
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Penfield, Neu Yawk
Oddometer: 4
Guess it won't matter much since they aren't answering emails from potential customers (me).

A shame, it looked like it might have actually worked too.

Jim
__________________
The parts falling off this motorcycle are of the finest American (occasionally) manufacture.
jdeatsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:44 PM   #71
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored
 
HaChayalBoded's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: BRC \ NYC
Oddometer: 7,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeatsch
Guess it won't matter much since they aren't answering emails from potential customers (me).

A shame, it looked like it might have actually worked too.

Jim
Same here, I was supposed to test it out on probably the buzziest bike every made. The Kawasaki concours. Lots of folks over on the COG forums were interested. The guy emailed me and offered me a sample, but I never heard back after the third or fourth email he had sent me.

Odd
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:51 PM   #72
mpanther
KotW - Just Ride!
 
mpanther's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Las Wages
Oddometer: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded
Same here, I was supposed to test it out on probably the buzziest bike every made. The Kawasaki concours. Lots of folks over on the COG forums were interested. The guy emailed me and offered me a sample, but I never heard back after the third or fourth email he had sent me.

Odd
I'm local and have been think about stopping by and talking to them.

I think I will have Christmas and see if the place is still there.
__________________
Peace in your heart & Light on your soul.
>^..^<

ad·ven·ture n.
1. Participation in exciting or hazardous experiences.
2. An undertaking of a questionable nature.
3. An undertaking of a hazardous nature.

'83 GL650swi "My Little Grey Lady"
'86 LS650 Milady's bike
mpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:24 PM   #73
Lil' Steve
PussyWagon Chauffer
 
Lil' Steve's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Da Bronx, NYC
Oddometer: 3,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpanther
I'm local and have been think about stopping by and talking to them.

I think I will have Christmas and see if the place is still there.

They're still there.... I visited the place a few weeks ago. Don, the owner, gave me a cool tour of the facility.
__________________
Steve
07 KLX250S w/300 kit, 05 DR650SE, 04 XT225
99 VFR800 w/870 kit, 96 GPz1100
Lil' Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:35 PM   #74
jdeatsch
46 years of motorcycling
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Penfield, Neu Yawk
Oddometer: 4
Apparently 'Don' isn't interested in selling his product.

He has COMPLETELY ignored TWO emails from me. It must be nice to have TOO MANY customers.

I've gone elsewhere.

Jim
__________________
The parts falling off this motorcycle are of the finest American (occasionally) manufacture.
jdeatsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:48 PM   #75
TEZZA
ADV B4 DEM/TED
 
TEZZA's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: N.E.Vic,Australia
Oddometer: 270
Vibrinators

I have no trouble from e-mails being answered from Don . When the USA had post problems and a pair of vibranators were lost he sent another pair . I have asked a lot of questions from Don and have always got a quick reply by e-mail .
Great product and GREAT customer service !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you got the e-mail address from the Vibranator web page ?????????
__________________
Tezza.
KTM 990 ADVENTURE.
KTM 520 EXE.
Now the Perfect pair!!!!
TEZZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014