User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2009, 11:51 AM   #61
mtbdemon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 926
Ordered

I just ordered mine. I hope they work!!!
2004 KTM 200 EXC
mtbdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:29 AM   #62
mtbdemon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 926
Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdemon
I just ordered mine. I hope they work!!!
I installed mine yesterday and went for a ride. I'm not sure I feel any difference. Perhaps I need to take them out and remind myself?
If there is a difference it seems to be small although perhaps I was mentally telling myself there would be no vibration and since thats not possible maybe I'm being hyper sensative.....just not sure.
2004 KTM 200 EXC
mtbdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:15 PM   #63
thistle66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 372
Triumph Scrambler w/ Moose ATV-Hi bars?

I have a set of Moose ATV-Hi bars (http://www.leossouth.com/eshopprod_c...ARBON_STEE.htm) that I'm gonna install soon on my Triumph Scrambler. (hopefully soon; ...I still have my intimators in a box for when I have time to do it all....It's ridiculous how slow I am; currently two wee kids to look after...).

A scram rider tried the Vibranator and didn't see much difference (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11197065&postcount=15); but that's stock bars I guess. Anyone got any ideas how effectively this might work with the Moose bars on a scram?? Perhaps this is a question that's not gonna get a definitive answer unless someone's got that setup, but any ideas or pointers would help.

I guess a better qn would be: Is the Vibranator effective over a wide range of handlebars/bikes combos? Or does it need to be "tuned" to a particular setup?

edit: the stock bars buzz a bit but nothing crazy. dunno how the Moose bars will be, but I'll take anything that helps (I have a sore wrist on my right hand which is fine as long as I don't overstress it; then if I do it bugs me for a long time until I rest it plenty)

thistle66 screwed with this post 11-18-2009 at 03:24 PM
thistle66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:58 PM   #64
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick

Oddometer: 5,160
08 690 enduro

Which ones should I order. Stock bars/ handgards. please advise, have been experiencing a lot of numbness since moving bars to personalize the bike. Thanks!

BK.RD.RNR screwed with this post 11-18-2009 at 01:16 PM
BK.RD.RNR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:52 PM   #65
Hal@Ricor
Hal@Ricor

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK.RD.RNR
Which ones should I order. Stock bars/ handgards. please advise, have been experiencing a lot of numbness since moving bars to personalize the bike. Thanks!
Vibrinators are guaranteed to help arm pump and the numbness you are experiencing. You may not notice the difference at idle or sitting on the bike playing with the throttle but at the end of the day you will. If for some reason you do not, pull them out and Ricor will send you a call tag to have them returned and refund your purchase price. Also check how tight you locked down your bars since you moved or adjusted them. If they are too tight or you squished the washer/spacer flat (not exactly sure how yours is set up but it has been an issue for others) that may be contributing to your current problem.
As an example they will not take the shake out the bars on a Harley at idle but they really do wonders once up to speed to take out the buzz that is causing your arm problem... guaranteed!!!
Hal@Ricor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 06:13 PM   #66
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick

Oddometer: 5,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal@Ricor
Vibrinators are guaranteed to help arm pump and the numbness you are experiencing. You may not notice the difference at idle or sitting on the bike playing with the throttle but at the end of the day you will. If for some reason you do not, pull them out and Ricor will send you a call tag to have them returned and refund your purchase price. Also check how tight you locked down your bars since you moved or adjusted them. If they are too tight or you squished the washer/spacer flat (not exactly sure how yours is set up but it has been an issue for others) that may be contributing to your current problem.
As an example they will not take the shake out the bars on a Harley at idle but they really do wonders once up to speed to take out the buzz that is causing your arm problem... guaranteed!!!
No washers/ spacers on my setup, but I do have a habit of over tightening things...

But the real question is which ones do I order?

And if they don't work and I want to return them, will I be able to get them back out of the bars?

Thanks.
BK.RD.RNR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 06:23 PM   #67
Hal@Ricor
Hal@Ricor

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK.RD.RNR
No washers/ spacers on my setup, but I do have a habit of over tightening things...

But the real question is which ones do I order?

And if they don't work and I want to return them, will I be able to get them back out of the bars?

Thanks.
Check the link to the Vibrantor web site on ricorshocks.com. You should be able to determine the correct size from there. If not PM Don. Yes you can remove them. Perhaps a little more difficult than installing them but we have had them in and out on a lot of different bikes in the development process.
Hal@Ricor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:16 AM   #68
rufus
We're burning daylight...

Oddometer: 3,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal@Ricor
Check the link to the Vibrantor web site on ricorshocks.com. You should be able to determine the correct size from there. If not PM Don. Yes you can remove them. Perhaps a little more difficult than installing them but we have had them in and out on a lot of different bikes in the development process.

I didn't find a link there. The website i clicked to on the first post here listed them by BIKE. This seems silly. I have a KTM 525 and a Goldwing. Neither is listed. They should be listed by SIZE. That would eliminate most questions.

I am fascinated by your shock. I have been doing my own revalve for over 20 years. It is always a compromise. You seem to have bridged the compromise. I wish you made them for dirtbikes.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:13 PM   #69
jdeatsch
46 years of motorcycling

Oddometer: 4
Talking

Interesting,

I stumbled upon this 'discount' after joining here but it doesn't appear to work.

Mayhap I'll let the vibranator folks know.

Jim

The parts falling off this motorcycle are of the finest American (occasionally) manufacture.
jdeatsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:03 AM   #70
jdeatsch
46 years of motorcycling

Guess it won't matter much since they aren't answering emails from potential customers (me).

A shame, it looked like it might have actually worked too.

Jim
Old 12-22-2009, 07:44 PM   #71
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeatsch
Guess it won't matter much since they aren't answering emails from potential customers (me).

A shame, it looked like it might have actually worked too.

Jim
Same here, I was supposed to test it out on probably the buzziest bike every made. The Kawasaki concours. Lots of folks over on the COG forums were interested. The guy emailed me and offered me a sample, but I never heard back after the third or fourth email he had sent me.

Odd
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:51 PM   #72
mpanther
KotW - Just Ride!

Oddometer: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded
Same here, I was supposed to test it out on probably the buzziest bike every made. The Kawasaki concours. Lots of folks over on the COG forums were interested. The guy emailed me and offered me a sample, but I never heard back after the third or fourth email he had sent me.

Odd
I'm local and have been think about stopping by and talking to them.

I think I will have Christmas and see if the place is still there.

ad·ven·ture n.
1. Participation in exciting or hazardous experiences.
2. An undertaking of a questionable nature.
3. An undertaking of a hazardous nature.

'83 GL650swi "My Little Grey Lady"
'86 LS650 Milady's bike
mpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:24 PM   #73
Lil' Steve
PussyWagon Chauffer

Oddometer: 3,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpanther
I'm local and have been think about stopping by and talking to them.

I think I will have Christmas and see if the place is still there.

They're still there.... I visited the place a few weeks ago. Don, the owner, gave me a cool tour of the facility.
Lil' Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:35 PM   #74
jdeatsch
46 years of motorcycling

Apparently 'Don' isn't interested in selling his product.

He has COMPLETELY ignored TWO emails from me. It must be nice to have TOO MANY customers.

I've gone elsewhere.

Jim
Old 12-26-2009, 11:48 PM   #75
TEZZA
ADV B4 DEM/TED

Oddometer: 270
Vibrinators

I have no trouble from e-mails being answered from Don . When the USA had post problems and a pair of vibranators were lost he sent another pair . I have asked a lot of questions from Don and have always got a quick reply by e-mail .
Great product and GREAT customer service !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you got the e-mail address from the Vibranator web page ?????????
Now the Perfect pair!!!!
TEZZA is offline   Reply With Quote