User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2010, 08:30 PM   #91
reddog1957
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Vibranators

From reading the posts it looks like we will be seeing this product for the BMW R1200GS, i would love to finally get a product that will eliminate the buzzing that is so annoying in the handle bars at crusing speeds. I will be your best sales men if this will TRUELY work.

REDDOG
reddog1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:12 PM   #92
byh
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog1957
From reading the posts it looks like we will be seeing this product for the BMW R1200GS, i would love to finally get a product that will eliminate the buzzing that is so annoying in the handle bars at crusing speeds. I will be your best sales men if this will TRUELY work.

REDDOG
I rode from Vegas to Deadhorse and back earlier this summer with the Vibranators installed on a R1200GS. We rode over 8k miles in 14 days. I was very happy to not have numbness or hand/wrist pain at night (something I experienced on other rides in the past).

I hope your experience is like or better than mine when you get the Vibranators.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:58 AM   #93
reddog1957
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Vibranators

I have spoken with don and he is in the process of putting a set of the vibranators together for my R1200gs, so when i get them installed I will give everyone my feedback.
Reddog
reddog1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:11 AM   #94
meyerweb
n00b

Oddometer: 4
A couple of questions, if I may:

I'm considering putting these on a Suzuki GSF1250 Bandit. Typical inline four buzz. Although it's certainly not terrible, I wouldn't mind getting rid of (most of) it. 7/8" steel bars, not aluminum, so I figure these are the right basic model:
http://www.vibranator.com/ProductDet...D710%2DN%2D003

Are the ends of these threaded for weights? If so, what's the thread size?

I have the stock weights, which weigh about 8 ounces each. I also have a set from Manic Salamander, which are about 13 oz each. Will mounting these on the ends of the above product work? I don't really want to spend an extra $40 to get your weights if mine will work OK.

Thanks,

Bob
meyerweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:19 PM   #95
dsavage
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
vibranators

Bought a set for my Guzzi 1200 Sport and took no time to install. Don't know how to measure the reduction in vibration but it is at least 50% less buzzy. Great product and well worth the money. If they have one to fit your bike and you really want to reduce the vibration then buy a set. I don't know how they work but they do.
dsavage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:56 AM   #96
cccbarkbuster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
Got mine delivered yesterday and hope to get em in both bikes before the weekend. Mines a Buell Uly xt with Barkbusters and my daughters is a Kawasaki Versys with no handgaurds.
08 Buell Uly XB12xt
78 BMW R100rs (sold 3/13/11)
04 KTM200exc 09 Kawasaki Versys(daughters)
cccbarkbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:40 AM   #97
cccbarkbuster
Gnarly Adventurer

Just went out and installed them on the Buell. piece of cake to do. Gotta go to work and its a nice day, so I`ll give em a try. Be back tomorrow with 55 miles on em and my 1st impression of how they work. The Buell has a variaty of vibes and I expect these to take care of the higher frequency stuff at speed. l8r
08 Buell Uly XB12xt
Old 09-29-2010, 11:46 AM   #98
cccbarkbuster
Gnarly Adventurer

Hello
1st impression on the Buell is much improved! I used to have fuzzy mirrors at 60-65 mph but now I can see well enough to tell what brand of car is following. doesn`t cure the low freq. vibes at idle but it helps. money well spent.The bike was pleasant enough before as the Buell isolator motor mounts do a good job of letting the thunderstorm shake without bothering the rider, but these make it even better.
Installed them on my kids Versys this morning and took it for a short ride.This bike is smoother than the buell at its best. It does get buzzy though. Not as big of an improvement on this bike but I only rode it a couple miles each time and never got over 40mph. I think they changed the rpms where the buzz was but its not gone, She just got back from a quick ride and can`t tell the difference. Going on a long ride if the weathers good this weekend update ya`ll l8r
08 Buell Uly XB12xt
Old 10-02-2010, 08:19 PM   #99
cccbarkbuster
Gnarly Adventurer

A little update on how these work on my Buell..They are the best farkel I`ve added to this bike. Just took a little 15 mile ride in the county and hammered it a bit to 110mph. The Eric Buell Racing ecm is pretty good too but it cost 4 times more. You got any stickers or decals, none came with the product and I would display em on my bike they work so good. Its amazing how much better the bars are at all legal speeds and more!
08 Buell Uly XB12xt
Old 11-20-2010, 08:10 AM   #100
ThunderLizard
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42

OK, I'll bite.
I was in a minor accident that bent the handlebars on my 1992 Honda Nighthawk 750. I've replaced the bars with "LTD" bars (bikemaster maybe?). Anyway, these were cheap off Ebay. They are hollow on the ends, unlike the OEM bars that have weights welded in. They also feel lighter than the stock ones.

I did some research. Saw some good things about these on here and in CycleWorld magazine. Found the 30% off coupon here I just placed my order. I'll be putting everything back together as soon as they get here.

I figured I didn't really have much to lose. I'll let you guys know how it comes out.
ThunderLizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:11 PM   #101
R-dubb
Dubbious Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,795
KTM 690 Enduro

I took the leap, deciding to give the Vibranators a try. The issue was high speed numbing of the hands with fatigue even on tight roads and faster trails. I think the Cycra handguard brackets were amplifying high frequency vibes.

Now, with vibrators the buzz is back to pre Cycra levels. My hands no longer go numb. Well worth the cost. I do wish I could install them along with threaded inserts, but that's not nearly as important as killing the buzz.

Thanks for making a gear product.

Simple to install also. I used red loctite and it worked very easily on just the inner threads.

Cheers
R-dubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 10:25 AM   #102
R-dubb
Dubbious Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,795
Threaded Inserts?

I see that HDB is offering a vibe solution that uses threaded hand guard inserts. Without getting into the efficiency of their product, I am interested in threaded hand guard inserts.

I'm wondering if it is possible to work out a way of adapting the Vibranator to a threaded insert. This would be a great combo.

This is clearly a work around. What I'm thinking is to screw all the pieces together and then turn the insert into the threads with the hanguard and vibranator all together. is this a possibility? A little tricky, but seems like it might work.
R-dubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:54 PM   #103
PhotoBiker
Please insert title here

Oddometer: 1,436
Just stumbled on this product, someone posted a quick "I like this product" out on the GSpot & good ole Google pulled this up.

What would I order for a 2010 R1200GS with stock handlebars?
'06 Ninja 250
Check out my Gallery
PhotoBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:40 PM   #104
BenFongTorres
Banned

Oddometer: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoBiker View Post
Just stumbled on this product, someone posted a quick "I like this product" out on the GSpot & good ole Google pulled this up.

You wouldn't order anything as of this reply (3/10/11) as the product is not on the market yet. I just got off the phone with Don (2nd call in to talk to someone and he has picked up personally both times) and he is putting the finishing touches on the BMW products as we speak (different items for the 800GS and 1200GS BTW). He said he expects to have them listed for sale on the website within a week of today.

It sounds like he could use feedback from GS owners regarding what they see on the the inside of their bar with the stock bar end removed. He says he has experienced bikes with the welded tab inside that would need to be drilled out (as described by a previous poster) and without that tab but doesn't know if that is model year specific or what.

Anyone with that specific information would likely speed up the Beemer products development process by getting that to Don. I think calling him direct is the best bet but here is his email too:

888-630-7776
don@vibranator.com

BenFongTorres screwed with this post 03-10-2011 at 09:54 PM
BenFongTorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:09 PM   #105
4serge
__

Oddometer: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoBiker View Post

Ten days ago I have ordered a regular one for 7/8 bar for my thumper, payed by Paypal, but have not heard anything on my order since then... I sent e-mail 5 days ago wondering if it was shipped, but no answer ...
4serge is offline   Reply With Quote