ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-12-2009, 10:26 PM   #241
DannyG
I have the waypoint.
 
DannyG's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 3,350
GPS info for the campground?
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
LATEST TALLY.....

THOSE COMING UP ON FRIDAY MORNING PLEASE SECURE 8 CAMP SITES AND IF YOU NEED THE MONEY I CAN PAYPAL YOU AT LEAST FOR THE FIRST NIGHT. Those who are camping and haven't checked in....you have till Thursday morning to confirm.

THOSE TRUCKING PLEASE BRING THE FF:
1. Firewood + Extra Firewood (I will pay you)
2. Bottled Water, 6 of 1 gal or 3 of the 2 gal container (I will pay you)
3. Cooler and Ice
4. Grill and Charcoal (I will pay you)
5. Lots of camp chairs

We have a lot of riders and we need to split them to 2 or 3 groups.

The advanced riders can go on their own......

I can lead the intermediate group, but for those who are in between the intermediate and advanced...you have a tough choice to make. Ride with the lollygaggers, have your own group, or join the advanced riders.

those who are still undecided...you have to come...the weather will be perfect and you get to enjoy riding with your old friends and meet new FFs. please post it here if you're coming.
__________________
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” Helen Keller (1880 – 1968)
My toys: 00 GS1150; 84 Ericson 30+
DannyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:05 AM   #242
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyG
GPS info for the campground?
danny, i'll email it to you this pm, inclucing the the skyline drive route.

those who sent me a pm asking for the gpx, please email me your regular Email addy so i can send them to you.

jepaez@sbcglobal.net
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:50 AM   #243
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"
 
sopascat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: So Cal
Oddometer: 3,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyG
I knew I could count on you
__________________
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by ignorance.
sopascat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:40 PM   #244
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopascat
I knew I could count on you
and i can count on you to.....

thursday afternoon i would drop off some of the camping equipment and food stuff at your house.

thanks cathy.

hey luke, do you have a barb-q-grill you can bring with you?

those riding up friday afternoon...you guys can meet us at mcDs in cajon pass around 5PM!

alternative meet up place is at the 7-11 on ORO VISTA and FOOTHILL in Sun Valley @ 3 PM




NSFW screwed with this post 05-13-2009 at 12:46 PM
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:47 PM   #245
buttugly
bAcK t0 n00b
 
buttugly's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Tujunga, CA, USA.
Oddometer: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
and i can count on you to.....

thursday afternoon i would drop off some of the camping equipment and food stuff at your house.

thanks cathy.

hey luke, do you have a barb-q-grill you can bring with you?

those riding up friday afternoon...you guys can meet us at mcDs in cajon pass around 5PM!

alternative meet up place is at the 7-11 on ORO VISTA and FOOTHILL in Sun Valley @ 3 PM


That looks like Sunland to Me, I'm sitting at Starbucks in the red shirt, next to 7-11. Anyone needing EXPEDITION quality Maps of the Big Bear Area USGS 7.5, NORTH OF LAKE YOU NEED, BUTLER PEAK, FAWNSKIN (HOLCOMB VALLEY CAMP)and BIG BEAR CITY. SOUTH OF LAKE YOU NEED. KELLER PEAK, BIG BEAR LAKE, MOON RIDGE. http://www.klofas.com/topo/7.5/ .THERE SAFER. Here is some stuff you might need. http://www.flickr.com/photos/36630031@N02/?saved=1 . P.S. If you see my buddy (NACHO) at 7-11 say hi and give him $.50

buttugly screwed with this post 05-13-2009 at 06:07 PM
buttugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:36 PM   #246
gratis
n00b II
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Oddometer: 25
All packed and RTG

Joel, you can take Phaedrus off the list cuz that's my DR. I hope to arrive in time Saturday morning to hook up with the intermediate group. After the thrashing Phaedrus and I got a couple of weekends ago with Broken Spoke at Corral Canyon we don't want to do any more black diamond trails for awhile. One rider, one bike, one night.
gratis
__________________
I like being broke, apparently.


gratis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:36 PM   #247
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"
 
sopascat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: So Cal
Oddometer: 3,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
and i can count on you to.....

thursday afternoon i would drop off some of the camping equipment and food stuff at your house.

thanks cathy.


of course....
__________________
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by ignorance.
sopascat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:05 PM   #248
Eggroll
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2007
Oddometer: 324
Joel,
I don't have a BBQ grill.


Eggroll
Eggroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:16 PM   #249
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggroll
Joel,
I don't have a BBQ grill.


Eggroll
anyone coming up on friday no later than 7 pm with a grill????
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:15 PM   #250
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"
 
sopascat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: So Cal
Oddometer: 3,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
anyone coming up on friday no later than 7 pm with a grill????
http://www.campchef.com/

I have one of these, but not a charcoal bbq......

I can bring it if you want
__________________
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by ignorance.
sopascat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:17 PM   #251
Dorzok
Beastly Adventurer
 
Dorzok's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 1,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
LATEST TALLY.....

THOSE COMING UP ON FRIDAY MORNING PLEASE SECURE 8 CAMP SITES AND IF YOU NEED THE MONEY I CAN PAYPAL YOU AT LEAST FOR THE FIRST NIGHT. Those who are camping and haven't checked in....you have till Thursday morning to confirm.

THOSE TRUCKING PLEASE BRING THE FF:
1. Firewood + Extra Firewood (I will pay you)
2. Bottled Water, 6 of 1 gal or 3 of the 2 gal container (I will pay you)
3. Cooler and Ice
4. Grill and Charcoal (I will pay you)
5. Lots of camp chairs

We have a lot of riders and we need to split them to 2 or 3 groups.

The advanced riders can go on their own......

I can lead the intermediate group, but for those who are in between the intermediate and advanced...you have a tough choice to make. Ride with the lollygaggers, have your own group, or join the advanced riders.

those who are still undecided...you have to come...the weather will be perfect and you get to enjoy riding with your old friends and meet new FFs. please post it here if you're coming.
i'll try to get away Saturday morning. when are the rides happening? i've only done one trail on my Strom would like to try it again.
Dorzok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:02 PM   #252
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopascat
http://www.campchef.com/

I have one of these, but not a charcoal bbq......

I can bring it if you want
cathy i assume you'll be at the campsite before 7 pm this friday, otherwise 10 angry , i mean hungry men will be...

GPS Coordinate of Camp and Meeting Place

Holcomb Valley Campground: N34 18.283 W116 54.604
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:04 PM   #253
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"
 
sopascat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: So Cal
Oddometer: 3,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
cathy i assume you'll be at the campsite before 7 pm this friday, otherwise 10 angry , i mean hungry men will be...

GPS Coordinate of Camp and Meeting Place

Holcomb Valley Campground: N34 18.283 W116 54.604
If you want me to bring the stove & bbq thing, I will make sure I arive in time for dinner.....

what should I plan on for travel time, when should I leave Pasadena?
__________________
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by ignorance.
sopascat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:06 PM   #254
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorzok
i'll try to get away Saturday morning. when are the rides happening? i've only done one trail on my Strom would like to try it again.
you're welcome to join us. most if not all are v-strom doable, and having TKCs or knobs are surely a plus.

friday ride is open.

sat ride we meet at camp around 8am and should start rolling around 9am.

sun ride, still being finalized.

NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:07 PM   #255
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopascat
If you want me to bring the stove & bbq thing, I will make sure I arive in time for dinner.....

what should I plan on for travel time, when should I leave Pasadena?
leave south pas before 3 pm.

joel
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014