User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2014, 11:12 PM   #5761
Tyyson
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Great info!!!

thanks for the info! im glad to have found this site and this string!!! i feel like i can get a real handle on my options and the situation out there. i will be moving there for at least 2 or 3 years so whatever i will do will be on the legal side of things. im thinking that its best for me to stick with the bigger bike so that im not kicking myself later. one of the reasons i have been looking at the HP2 is being able to switch from megamoto over to a more hardcore dirtbike with just a change of the wheels. i knew about the BMW dealer in bali but i didnt realize so many other dealers are represented. i would love the Triumph tiger if i could get it for free but i had a triumph some years back and im not ready to step back in the ring with them. all in all, you guys have a lot of good info so i really appreciate it.

any thoughts on riding around surabaya? is there an adventure group in that area or is everyone centered in JK and Jogjo?
Tyyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:06 AM   #5762
crt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyyson View Post
thanks for the info! im glad to have found this site and this string!!! i feel like i can get a real handle on my options and the situation out there. i will be moving there for at least 2 or 3 years so whatever i will do will be on the legal side of things. im thinking that its best for me to stick with the bigger bike so that im not kicking myself later. one of the reasons i have been looking at the HP2 is being able to switch from megamoto over to a more hardcore dirtbike with just a change of the wheels. i knew about the BMW dealer in bali but i didnt realize so many other dealers are represented. i would love the Triumph tiger if i could get it for free but i had a triumph some years back and im not ready to step back in the ring with them. all in all, you guys have a lot of good info so i really appreciate it.

any thoughts on riding around surabaya? is there an adventure group in that area or is everyone centered in JK and Jogjo?
Around city or outside city ? What kind object do you like ?
crt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:26 AM   #5763
blek
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Quote:
Wow...really?!? I am 6'1" and about 230 lbs....and my girl is about 5'9" 150...,do u think these options would work with 2 up riding? I really appreciate the feedback...I'm just afraid of being on something which could be too small.....
I am around 185 lbs and both of our heights are more or less the same. Do npt bother with your girlfriend's size. Motorcycles, even scooters, in south east asia, are designed to used as mini van.

Ok, it is dangerous to do such things, but it will help you to see how strong they are.

But again, if Verza is too small for you guys, you can always get one of those Yamaha Byson.

New Verza will be around 1500$
New Byson will be around 2000$
Used Win will be around 600$ but I got mine for 200$. Probably because I am Indonesian.

Here is how I look on my bike. Image credit goes to Panny, another fellow advrider from Germany.

blek screwed with this post 02-10-2014 at 09:43 AM
blek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:29 AM   #5764
blek
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsparks View Post
Blek, thanks for your response. It's very reassuring to know we'll be able to find something. Unfortunately, we've only got 3-4 days maximum for this section of the trip, so iron butt and big sights only. Just riding around a couple volcanoes is epic enough for me!

Cheers!
Welcome as always, sir. Here is oene of those rentals.

http://alamsyahtour.wordpress.com/ta...or-banyuwangi/
Old 02-10-2014, 08:57 AM   #5765
Navin
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,177
Hi! Anyone here have any experience with

"Jiester MotoModification Shop"

Jl. Arteri Kelapa Dua no.5a. Atau Jl.Panjang. Kebon Jeruk. Jakarta Barat. Indonesia. Patokan sebelum SMAN 65. Telp.(62) 021-534-9360

I'm trying to message these guys thru facebook, no luck so far. I've tried calling but the phone number is coming back that it was changed but it might just not be getting me out of the USA?

I'm trying to get a set of inverted Z300/Ninja 300 forks and clamps, bars, etc. but don't know if they can ship to the USA.

Any advice or help greatly appreciated!!!

Navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:38 AM   #5766
blek
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin View Post
Hi! Anyone here have any experience with

"Jiester MotoModification Shop"

Jl. Arteri Kelapa Dua no.5a. Atau Jl.Panjang. Kebon Jeruk. Jakarta Barat. Indonesia. Patokan sebelum SMAN 65. Telp.(62) 021-534-9360

I'm trying to message these guys thru facebook, no luck so far. I've tried calling but the phone number is coming back that it was changed but it might just not be getting me out of the USA?

I'm trying to get a set of inverted Z300/Ninja 300 forks and clamps, bars, etc. but don't know if they can ship to the USA.

Any advice or help greatly appreciated!!!

Hi Navin. I just called the number and it works fine. Your problem might be caused by you called him during sleep hours and somebody with bad english picked up the phone. Check the time different between your place and Jakarta. Also, there is another number on it's site, the mobile phone number. Try that one. http://jiester.com/
Old 02-10-2014, 09:51 AM   #5767
Navin
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blek View Post
Hi Navin. I just called the number and it works fine. Your problem might be caused by you called him during sleep hours and somebody with bad english picked up the phone. Check the time different between your place and Jakarta. Also, there is another number on it's site, the mobile phone number. Try that one. http://jiester.com/

I don't think I actually got out of the USA with that number. Hmmm, gotta figure that one out!

What time is it there? 12 hours difference. That is problem #2! LOL! I'll try to figure out how to dial out and give it a try later on tonight.

If I fail, would you mind calling them for me and asking if they ship to USA? Maybe pass along my email address and see if they can get in touch with me?

Thanks!
Old 02-10-2014, 12:24 PM   #5768
Tyyson
n00b

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by blek View Post
I am around 185 lbs and both of our heights are more or less the same. Do npt bother with your girlfriend's size. Motorcycles, even scooters, in south east asia, are designed to used as mini van.

Ok, it is dangerous to do such things, but it will help you to see how strong they are.

But again, if Verza is too small for you guys, you can always get one of those Yamaha Byson.

New Verza will be around 1500$
New Byson will be around 2000$
Used Win will be around 600$ but I got mine for 200$. Probably because I am Indonesian.

Here is how I look on my bike. Image credit goes to Panny, another fellow advrider from Germany.

Hahaha! yeah, this wont be my first time in SE Asia....i know the deal on the roads and how a 200 cc bike can be used to transport a team of people! !! i am still looking for something a bit bigger....im thinking the HP2 is the one for me...
Old 02-10-2014, 12:31 PM   #5769
Tyyson
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by crt View Post
Around city or outside city ? What kind object do you like ?
im just looking to get around the country with Surabaya as my home base. my reason for the HP2 is so that i can make it on a bunch of different types of roads without fear.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:13 PM   #5770
Navin
Beastly Adventurer

Hello again guys! Any chance someone could give the place I mentioned above a call to ask about shipping to the USA? I've gotten thru only to get what sounds like a busy signal then disconnected. The cel number appears to be out of service or out of service area.

The web site is

http://jiester.com/

and the number I'm trying is

Telp.(62) 021-534-9360.

after I dial out of the US.

I appreciate any help with this. They have a part for my bike that isn't available anywhere else it seems. It is a inverted fork kit for a Ninja 300.

Thanks very much for your time!
Old 02-10-2014, 07:31 PM   #5771
BobPS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 234
Quote:
Hello again guys! Any chance someone could give the place I mentioned above a call to ask about shipping to the USA? I've gotten thru only to get what sounds like a busy signal then disconnected. The cel number appears to be out of service or out of service area.

Navin,

I just talked to them. They told me that they do ship to the US. For overseas order payment has to be made via bank transfer to their bank account. Upon receiving the payment they will ship the stuff via EMS (express mail service).

They have an email address and you can send them email directly to ask them about pricing and shipping cost.
Hope this helps.

edit: here's the email: jiester.modified@yahoo.com

If you want to call them try this: +6221-534-9360 ... or however it is to make international call from the US. 62 is Indonesia country code, 21 is area code for Jakarta.

Omit the "zero" in 021, cause that prefix is only used for local calls within Indonesia.

BobPS screwed with this post 02-10-2014 at 07:44 PM
BobPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:45 PM   #5772
Navin
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPS View Post
Navin,

I just talked to them. They told me that they do ship to the US. For overseas order payment has to be made via bank transfer to their bank account. Upon receiving the payment they will ship the stuff via EMS (express mail service).

They have an email address and you can send them email directly to ask them about pricing and shipping cost.
Hope this helps.

edit: here's the email: jiester.modified@yahoo.com

If you want to call them try this: +6221-534-9360 ... or however it is to make international call from the US. 62 is Indonesia country code, 21 is area code for Jakarta.

Ommit the "zero" in 021, cause that prefix is only used for local calls within Indonesia.

Hey, thank you sooo much!!! I've tried the number with and without the "0" but will keep trying. I'll use the email for sure. Very grateful my friend, if you ever need a favor in NJ/NYC, please shoot me a message!
Old 02-10-2014, 08:10 PM   #5773
Navin
Beastly Adventurer

Holy Smokes! $328 for the whole fork kit, pretty amazing!

But almost $600 to ship it to the USA??? Sound right to you guys? I think my friend shipped a container full of ATVs to the USA for less than that much!

P.S. They finally answered me on facebook. Thank you again!
Old 02-10-2014, 08:36 PM   #5774
BobPS
Gnarly Adventurer

Glad to help Navin, hope you get the parts you need.

Quote:
im just looking to get around the country with Surabaya as my home base. my reason for the HP2 is so that i can make it on a bunch of different types of roads without fear.
I think a DS bike is a good choice ... maybe even an ideal bike for those ride to unknown places in Java.

I never thought about getting a DS bike until after several rides I did last year. The rides were not adventure rides, they were normal long rides, just like the rides I used to do on my Sportster, touring rides.

But last year, the road conditions were really bad in some places that I rode through on my Monster. I rode around the Banten province, and the road condition was horrible. Holes every where. Never seen road condition that bad.Then I rode around West Java province and another ride to southern coast of west Java ... much better than Banten but still quite a lot of holes on the road.

My favorite twisty road in Jonggol was also in the same condition. It's quite frustrating having to slow down to a really slow speed on twisty road due to bad road surface :-)

I also drove to Jogja in a car and the road was not good. The road condition in the province of Jogja was great. Smooth asphalt everywhere. I didn't find bad road there. But leaving Jogja.. the road condition was still great from Jogja to Purworejo ... but after Purworejo and continued to Jakarta , the road went from great to good and then bad.

After those trips I decided to get a DS bike. Even if it's not a DS bike...at least it must have long suspension travel.

So if you plan to ride to other cities then I think DS bike will be more comfortable than road bike.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:52 PM   #5775
BobPS
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Holy Smokes! $328 for the whole fork kit, pretty amazing!

But almost $600 to ship it to the USA??? Sound right to you guys? I think my friend shipped a container full of ATVs to the USA for less than that much!

P.S. They finally answered me on facebook. Thank you again!
Maybe because it's heavy? How heavy is the package?

In my experience EMS is expensive. I always pay between $23-$70 for shipping via EMS. And the stuffs I bought are not heavy in weight.

For instance, several months ago I bought monarch pass from AdvDesign in the US, had it shipped by EMS... shipping cost was around $70 by EMS.
I have a telescope (TeleVue 85) that needs to be sent to TeleVue in the US to be serviced... but I haven't done because shipping cost will be $100 one way. So EMS is expensive.

Try this Indonesian postal service site: http://ems.posindonesia.co.id/ you can calculate the shipping cost there.