ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2009, 07:51 AM   #166
SteveOnTheWay
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Tag!

Clue: This is in Loudoun County.
When the caps and Nats play the color to wear is RED but recently both teams have been on the ROCKs.

Now as for the new cache.

I placed the tire guage inside the door on the right hand side in a small crack in between the wall and the door. Hope it stays there!
SteveOnTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:52 AM   #167
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer: 2,859
Eh? uh, both....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbooker
Sorry guys. I screwed up. The links were fine when I posted this morning, but a change I made on my photo hosting site later hosed the links. They should be ok now.

But dude, lighten up! Are you going to participate in the Nova ToR, or just sit on the sidelines and bitch?
I was just bustin yer ballz about the broken links, but the other problem is real....
HEY... I mentioned yesterday that someone did something to hose up this thread, I say this sincerely because this thread, and only this thread, get's me a security popup asking /telling me
"This website wants to run the following add-on: '2007 Microsoft Office component' from 'Microsoft Corporation'. If you trust the website and the add-on and want to allow it to run, click here..."
I am almost positive this should not be occuring, and when I try to post, or kill this app before hand, it hoses the forum post procedure up, sometimes locks, and sometimes makes it unstable so I have to re-boot...you need to get whomever placed an application residing in thier post straightened out...and right quick...I'm sending this to the website host admin now also...it ain't right. There is a security breach/risk showing.

just letting you know.
MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:22 PM   #168
bbooker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN OF BLUES
I was just bustin yer ballz about the broken links,
Admittedly, it was bad timing to have ToR tag pics busted on a nice Saturday. Hopefully everyone found some good riding to do anyhow. Anyway, don't worry about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN OF BLUES
but the other problem is real....
HEY... I mentioned yesterday that someone did something to hose up this thread, I say this sincerely because this thread, and only this thread, get's me a security popup asking /telling me
"This website wants to run the following add-on: '2007 Microsoft Office component' from 'Microsoft Corporation'. If you trust the website and the add-on and want to allow it to run, click here..."
I am almost positive this should not be occuring, and when I try to post, or kill this app before hand, it hoses the forum post procedure up, sometimes locks, and sometimes makes it unstable so I have to re-boot...you need to get whomever placed an application residing in thier post straightened out...and right quick...I'm sending this to the website host admin now also...it ain't right. There is a security breach/risk showing.

just letting you know.
I'd be surprised if my broken (and now fixed) links caused the problem. But then again, i've been working in software development for 20 years, so I know better than to assume no connection between what appear to be unrelated symptoms. Hopefully the admin can identify the problem.

bbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:42 PM   #169
Motocox
We will call him Thunder!

Oddometer: 834
Dude, sweet KTM!
Motocox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:24 PM   #170
SteveOnTheWay
Gnarly Adventurer

Thumb

LOL, Yea! Nice Grab.

.....oh, yeah, I meant the left one......

Hope you checked your tire pressure!
Old 04-19-2009, 02:25 PM   #171
donnymoto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,256
Oh boy, Dave has it!
donnymoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:42 PM   #172
donnymoto
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDave
I do believe Spring has sprung Mr. Don. Time for us to hook up and ride
YES. Got new rubber on the KLR!
Old 04-19-2009, 03:55 PM   #173
MojaveGS
Loving it!

Oddometer: 3,734
Careful of the Algonkian Beast. I hear they eat orange bikes.
VTTMZFPKWGDKZXTJCDIGKUHUAUEKCAR
MojaveGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:20 PM   #174
mikeinrichmond
Farkleus Maximus

Oddometer: 2,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDave
So, we have a new tag. And a treasure.
Nice spot, though the whole 'Zero Tolerance for Alcohol' sign is a downer. Cheers!
Old 04-19-2009, 05:58 PM   #175
donnymoto
Beastly Adventurer

gr gr grab (dang it got chilly this evening)

Algonkian Regional Park, Fairfax County, VA. I've been on the waiting list there for boat storage for almost 3 years

So I got there and it was dark, but gates were open. Hmm, well I saw that I could get around the gate if they closed it on me so I headed in. Some people were loading up their cars after a picnic run overtime therefore the gate was still open. The ranger was there but I got in and did the grab just as he come over. Here's the loot... Nice note Dave, both of them!

Old 04-19-2009, 06:00 PM   #176
donnymoto
Beastly Adventurer

BTW, Dave that was a LOT of tape
Old 04-20-2009, 01:37 PM   #177
donnymoto
Beastly Adventurer

Will try and set the new tag today. Since I'm keeping Dave's bill (so I can pay for his coffee ) I'll be leaving new cache with a little academic value.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:50 PM   #178
SteveOnTheWay
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnymoto
Will try and set the new tag today. Since I'm keeping Dave's bill (so I can pay for his coffee ) I'll be leaving new cache with a little academic value.

Hmmmm....very interesting....
Old 04-20-2009, 03:52 PM   #179
donnymoto
Beastly Adventurer

Tag

The hardest thing for this wasn't placing the tag, it was deciding what the cache would be; hard to follow in iDave's footsteps and the awesome silver certificate. I've got a very special trinket direct from Harvard U. This symbolizes how smart you'll be for finding this tag since the clue is very challenging.

There isn't anything historical about this place, it's an intersection, there isn't any notable landmark other than a one lane bridge about 50 yards away. This is all about the ride. There's a small network of roads right in the middle of suburbia that are just fun on a bike... well considering it's in the middle of suburbia they're OK. Be sure to ride Bennett Rd to the west and try to keep your front wheel on the road please ;) Also, Vale has some nice curves.

Money Shot

If you feel a uncomfortable parking here there is a curve with a larger area just east about 75 yards. That counts as well, I'll recognize it.

Panorama of the intersection

From the east:

Here's where the the stash is located, it's in a ziplock directly across the road from my bike behind the tree:

Now for the clue that is so hard, only someone worthy of the Harvard Porcelain Thimble can figure out: 38.9187 -77.3258
Old 04-20-2009, 03:55 PM   #180
HBN
is car free

Oddometer: 11,920
I spy a tdubb! Sweet ride!
HBurgNinja - The Thread | HBN Boondocking the Nation | Beards to Canada
HBN is offline   Reply With Quote