User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2014, 10:16 AM   #1
Cuttle OP
me? what?

Oddometer: 9,354
indesign: cloud version does not work in C2

I have a indesign document that was created in the new cloud version, but I only run the unsupported C2 freeware on my computer. Is there a way to convert the document to a version that can be edited in CS2?

EDIT: according to my googlefoo the only way to down-save it twice is through version CS4 and a CS3, and the odds are pretty slim that somebody keeps all the versions installed. Well, I am going to pony up $5 and have it done online

Cuttle screwed with this post 04-14-2014 at 10:49 AM
Cuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:49 AM   #2
.fisher
pissin' in the wind

Oddometer: 112
You'll need someone with the new Cloud version to save it out as a .idml file for legacy support. Only way to make InDesign doc's backward compatible.
.fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:51 AM   #3
Cuttle OP
me? what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .fisher View Post
You'll need someone with the new Cloud version to save it out as a .idml file for legacy support. Only way to make InDesign doc's backward compatible.
yup - just found instruction on this (see edit). Cloud can downsave to CS4 IDML, CS4 to CS3 INX, CS3 to CS2

EDIT: I saved myself a lot of hazzle for $5 link - and got it back within an hour

Cuttle screwed with this post 04-14-2014 at 01:53 PM
Cuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:15 PM   #4
discochris
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,126
CS2 is pretty old at this point, and unsupported. I run CS6 at work, and CS4 at home, and I even have some issues with CS4 these days. I really hate the cloud thing because I know it's going to cause a big mess when I'm forced to go to it, as I'm running a single Mac in a Windows environment, in a huge company with archaic IT policies.
discochris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:52 AM   #5
Cuttle OP
me? what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by discochris View Post
CS2 is pretty old at this point, and unsupported. I run CS6 at work, and CS4 at home, and I even have some issues with CS4 these days. I really hate the cloud thing because I know it's going to cause a big mess when I'm forced to go to it, as I'm running a single Mac in a Windows environment, in a huge company with archaic IT policies.
For what I do, CS2 is actually sufficient, and I think it does the job for the average user (not talking professional use). A newer version would be nice though...

I mostly use my work computer at home, and IT lost my license at the last "upgrade" , so I got stuck with the old free version, since Cloud is too expensive and department won't spring for it (and neither do I)
Old 04-15-2014, 11:06 PM   #6
discochris
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttle View Post
For what I do, CS2 is actually sufficient, and I think it does the job for the average user (not talking professional use). A newer version would be nice though...

I mostly use my work computer at home, and IT lost my license at the last "upgrade" , so I got stuck with the old free version, since Cloud is too expensive and department won't spring for it (and neither do I)
Totally understand. I was running CS2 at home as well, until I picked up a used version of CS4 for home use (and that might be an option for you).

The other thing to be careful of (are you running a Mac?) is how older versions interact with newer OS versions. I have not upgraded my home laptop to the newest OSX Mavericks for that very reason - I'm afraid CS4 won't work - I've heard mixed reviews.
discochris is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: