User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 98 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 07:43 PM   #1666
red450
WEE-A-BOO

Oddometer: 309
Got to shoot my friend's Sig Mosquito a few weeks ago. It's a nice gun but I like the ergonomics of my P22 better. They both seemed to be equally accurate or maybe we're both equally inaccurate!

We also popped the rear moon roof out of my Honda Element and did some shooting out of it.

I'm one swivel mount away from having a Honda Technical.

red450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:05 PM   #1667
NDEBT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,145
I posted this downstairs in the did you buy anything cool thread but it probably needs to go here.

I picked this up for my little boy today. A slightly used CZ 452 ZKM SCOUT. I've been wanting to get him a bolt action youth .22 for some time. The problem is most of them are very cheaply made and feel like toys and have clunky actions.

CZ is discontionuing these because most folks dont want to spend that much on a youth gun. I can't wait to give it to him next weekend. I will have to try it out first this thing feels awesome i bet it is a real shooter.I got a great deal I think. I paid $175.00 the 30mm rings are worth about $50.00 alone. The trigger is better than any of my stock .22's not sure if it has had work or not but it is a very crisp 2# i'm guessing.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain
NDEBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #1668
ZzyzyxRd
Home of the odds

Oddometer: 11,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDEBT View Post
I posted this downstairs in the did you buy anything cool thread but it probably needs to go here.

I picked this up for my little boy today. A slightly used CZ 452 ZKM SCOUT. I've been wanting to get him a bolt action youth .22 for some time. The problem is most of them are very cheaply made and feel like toys and have clunky actions.

CZ is discontionuing these because most folks dont want to spend that much on a youth gun. I can't wait to give it to him next weekend. I will have to try it out first this thing feels awesome i bet it is a real shooter.I got a great deal I think. I paid $175.00 the 30mm rings are worth about $50.00 alone. The trigger is better than any of my stock .22's not sure if it has had work or not but it is a very crisp 2# i'm guessing.
I have the full size trainer it's the same as the American but with a Birch stock like yours. I just wanted a good field gun without a scope that I didn't have to worry about getting a bit of a beating. It's hard to find anybody that makes a nice solid built gun like that CZ 452. Not for that kind of money anyways. Beautiful butter smooth action and a great trigger. Accurate as all get out and nothing flimsy on it.
One day I would like to pick up an American and scope it, I also wish CZ would make a semi-auto built like the 452.
ZzyzyxRd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:27 PM   #1669
NDEBT
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZzyzyxRd View Post
I have the full size trainer it's the same as the American but with a Birch stock like yours. I just wanted a good field gun without a scope that I didn't have to worry about getting a bit of a beating. It's hard to find anybody that makes a nice solid built gun like that CZ 452. Not for that kind of money anyways. Beautiful butter smooth action and a great trigger. Accurate as all get out and nothing flimsy on it.
One day I would like to pick up an American and scope it, I also wish CZ would make a semi-auto built like the 452.
I doubt that will happen they would cost way to much. But yes even the trigger group would be awesone on a auto. The Scout is a real rifle mad to a kids size.The only one I did not look at because there were none around was th Henry bolt. I would bet it was nice also.

I learned to shoot with a good gun. that my Dad cut the stock for me. I'm not sure I would have the passion for good guns if I had learned on a cheap one.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

NDEBT screwed with this post 03-24-2012 at 04:38 PM
Old 03-25-2012, 03:27 AM   #1670
CurtOKC
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
Question

I am debating wheather to replace my lost remington 581/LH or pick up a ruger 10/22. I realize that the ruger can be more fun( 25rd magazines),but the remington can be a more thoughtful ( lots of wonderful memories). And no I do not wish to buy both even if though I can afford to do so.
CurtOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:27 AM   #1671
pilot815
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtOKC View Post
I am debating wheather to replace my lost remington 581/LH or pick up a ruger 10/22. I realize that the ruger can be more fun( 25rd magazines),but the remington can be a more thoughtful ( lots of wonderful memories). And no I do not wish to buy both even if though I can afford to do so.
Ruger's quality is much better than Remington. Get the 10/22, but be careful, they are addictive when it comes to modifying.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:38 AM   #1672
NDEBT
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
It really comes down to what you want to do with it. I've taught many kids to shoot and every time when they are shooting a single shot they shoot better and I've seen it in myself as well. you would think not having to reset would give an advantage to an auto but I can tell you that is not the case.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:52 AM   #1673
NDEBT
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot815 View Post
Ruger's quality is much better than Remington. Get the 10/22, but be careful, they are addictive when it comes to modifying.
I love 10/22's I have three of them but to say they are built better than a Remington 581 is wrong. The 581 is a much "better" gun bone stock if you can find one and a lefty will be even harder. To curt I would look for a CZ452 lefty if I were you.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:12 AM   #1674
pilot
Slacker Moderator

Oddometer: 31,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDEBT View Post
I love 10/22's I have three of them but to say they are built better than a Remington 581 is wrong. The 581 is a much "better" gun bone stock if you can find one and a lefty will be even harder. To curt I would look for a CZ452 lefty if I were you.
Especially the new 10/22s. Get an older used one, it will be better. All of the 10/22s are in need of a little work out of the box. How far you go with it is up to you. Some people have more in them than a new Anschutz, for crying out loud.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:42 AM   #1675
ZzyzyxRd
Home of the odds

I'll be dipped, guess what I'm gonna get.
http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-512/

If I can find one.

It looks like the 511 is what I'm looking for.

ZzyzyxRd screwed with this post 03-25-2012 at 11:00 AM Reason: added to post
Old 03-25-2012, 12:45 PM   #1676
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 5,016
Quote:
I would get the Remington over the Ruger. Like others have said, the Remington will be better out of the box. It's inherently more accurate as well. It will be a tack driver with little investment. You'll also revisit all those memories every time you look at your 581. I wouldn't say the Ruger is more fun, just a different type of fun. You can easily double or tripple your initial investment on a Ruger.

Jeffy screwed with this post 03-25-2012 at 01:07 PM
Jeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:12 PM   #1677
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 5,016
Anyone hear anything about these? Has the look of an FN SCAR.

http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/index...=548&sprache=1

Modern Sporting Rifle ANSCHÜTZ MSR RX 22™

New ANSCHÜTZ semi-automatic precision rifle with a .22 l.r. caliber.

ANSCHÜTZ target rifles are known worldwide for their accuracy, precise construction and unmatched shooting performance. The excellent characteristics that allowed ANSCHÜTZ sporting equipment to dominate national and international competitions such as the biathlon since 1856 can also be found in the new ANSCHÜTZ semi-automatic precision rifle with a .22 l.r. calibre. The MSR RX 22 is a joint development by three German companies: ANSCHÜTZ, GERMAN SPORT GUNS and ESC Ulm.

The goal of this cooperation was to develop and produce a highly accurate semi-automatic rifle with excellent shooting performance that is suitable for the dynamic disciplines as well as precision shooting at the shooting clubs BDS, BDMP, DSB, DSU and VdRBw. The resulting product is an all-round sports device for discerning customers.

The ANSCHÜTZ MSR RX 22 model is a modern small-calibre, self-loading rifle with a .22 l.r. calibre. It contains a force-locking blowback action with a hammer lock. This weapons system made by German Sport Guns is well known, sophisticated and has been sold 150 000 times.

The MSR RX 22 uses an ANSCHÜTZ sports barrel as well as a high-quality trigger system with an adjustable trigger weight from 1500 g – 2500 g.

During development and design, care was taken to ensure that all operating elements are installed on both sides of the weapon. This ensures equally good operation for left- and right-handed shooters.

Barrel:
The barrels are manufactured according to the same ANSCHÜTZ special button-rifled process, used for the manufacture of the world-famous ANSCHÜTZ target barrels. The same also applies to the manufacturing process of the chamber and the recessed muzzle.

Trigger:
The target single stage trigger has always set the standard for quality, reliability and precision. The light weight, hardened and finely ground trigger components facilitate fast and consistent trigger release. The trigger weight can be adjusted anywhere between 1500 g and 2500 g and is set to 1800 g in the factory.

The cocking button can be used on both sides in one of the three insertion holes. This provides 6 possible positions for the cocking button.

The ANSCHÜTZ small bore target precision barrel has a recessed muzzle, just like the other world-famous ANSCHÜTZ target barrels.

The accurate and always consistent shooting performance that is guaranteed by the ANSCHÜTZ precision barrels and intricate construction guarantee top gunsmith quality at high-tech level, MADE IN GERMANY.

The semi-automatic rifle has a safety lever (which acts on the trigger) and a drop safety lock (which acts on the firing pin).

The frame is made of aluminum and the anodised finish gives the gun a very noble appearance.

The ANSCHÜTZ MSR RX 22 is currently available in six versions. The PRECISION and PRECISION BLACK models have a fixed, not foldable wooden stock.

This provides sports shooters in precision disciplines with the option of using different butt plates (hook or rubber) with a length-adjustable butt plate extension that can be adapted to the individual shooter.

An aluminum profile rail at the front of the stock provides the option of attaching accessories such as hand stops or sling swivels for rifle slings.

All models have a factory-fitted, 400 mm long, three-part Picatinny rail.

An optimally fitting 11 mm prism rail is available for mounting an ANSCHÜTZ sight (Mod. 6834).

The DESERT and BLACK HAWK models have a foldable stock made of plastic and are also available with a fixed, not foldable plastic stock at no additional charge.

These models are particularly well-suited for dynamic shooting sport disciplines.

The ANSCHÜTZ MSR RX 22 can be purchased from authorised dealers.

Additional information such as technical specifications, product images, and accessories can be found in our current MSR RX 22 catalogue as well as on the internet at: www.anschuetz-msr.com.

BLACK HAWK and DESERT models – flexible sports rifles with numerous adjustment options.
The foldable plastic stock allows for individual and step-wise adjustment of length and height. Optionally, the rifle can also be ordered with a non-foldable stock at no additional charge.
The shaft has been fitted with three-part Picatinny rails. This combination provides for the use of commercially available accessories such as light modules, bipods and rifle slings.

Technical Data:
Caliber: .22 l.r.
Color: sand
Stock: Plastic, foldable
Trigger weight, adjusted: 1800 g
Adjustment of the trigger weight: 1500 – 2500 g
Length of aiming: 430 mm
Total length: 830 – 865 mm
Total height: 200 mm
Total width: 35 mm
Barrel length: 420 mm
Muzzle diameter: 17 mm
Rifling length: 420 mm
Number of discharges: 8
Length of pull: 315 – 350 mm
Weight: approx. 3150 g

Disciplines:

BDS – German Sport Shooting Federation:
• Sports rifle, self-loading, small-calibre, optical sights according to SHB (Sports Handbook) No. 2102 (50 m precision shooting)
• Free class, small-calibre acc. to SHB No. 2109 (50 m precision shooting)
• Telescope sight rifle, small calibre, acc. to SHB No. 2113 (50 m precision shooting)
•  Sports rifle, self-loading, small-calibre, optical sights according to SHB No. 2302 (50 m time series shooting)
• Sports rifle, self-loading, small-calibre, open sights according to SHB No. 2312 (50 m time series shooting)
• Sports rifle, self-loading, small-calibre, optical sights according to SHB No. 2402 (50 m symbol target shooting)
•  Sports rifle, self-loading, small-calibre, optical sights according to SHB No. 2502 (25 m falling target shooting)
• Sports rifle, self-loading, small-calibre, open sights according to SHB No. 4610 (25 m speed shooting)
• Sports rifle, self-loading, small-calibre, optical sights according to SHB No. 4602 (25 m speed shooting)

IPSC – International Practical Shooting Confederation (represented by the BDS in Germany):
• IPSC Mini Gun (new for 2012 – SHB still in preparation)

BLDS – Bavarian State Association for „Dynamic Shooting“:
• Standard class semi-automatic according to SHB No. 4.4.8.2.1

BDMP – Military and Police Shooting Association:
•  Dynamic small-calibre shooting (DKS 2) over 50 m with standard guns, open sights, max. 1500 g trigger weight, according to SHB No. D.22.1.1.
•  Dynamic small-calibre shooting (DKS 2) over 50 m with free choice of weapons with any sights, min. 1000 g trigger weight

DSB – German Shooters Association - Saxony, Bavaria, Baden):
• Rule-No. 1.45: Semi-automatic shotgun 22 lfB – target 50 m (Semi-automatic shotgun .22 lfB over 50 m with any sight)

DSU – German Sport Shooting Union):
•  LSL50: Semi-automatic rifle, 50 m, small calibre, open sights 2xb4
•  LSLZF50: Semi-automatic rifle, 50 m, small calibre, telescopic sights 2xb5
• LSLMDoV: Semi-automatic rifle, multi-distance, small calibre, open sights 3xb2
• LSLMDZF: Semi-automatic rifle, multi-distance, small calibre with telescopic sights or Point 3xb3

VdRBw – Association of Reservists of the German Federal Forces:
• G-HK1: Semi-automatic, small-calibre sporting rifle with open sights (50 m, three positions)
Old 03-25-2012, 05:29 PM   #1678
ZzyzyxRd
Home of the odds

O.k. that is bad ass.

Another one for the list.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #1679
ZzyzyxRd
Home of the odds

Anybody get there hands on one of these yet?

Looks like Cheaper Than Dirt plans to retail them starting at 299.00, sounds like a decent price for an austrian made gun.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:54 PM   #1680
ZzyzyxRd
Home of the odds

Nice.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: