Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 121 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 08:32 PM   #2131
redsport
Web Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
Such a nice day yesterday....did a little plinking...some old some new. Single shot OLD mauser 22, and my year old but never shot CZ452....I LOVE that cz.....it is just great....don't get me wrong that Mauser is fantastic, but the sights are a little hard on my old eyes....I can still pick up the CZ iron sites pretty well....times when I had to put the mauser down as I just could not focus correctly.

piccy..crappy cell phone pic...they look horrid in this photo.
I've got the same CZ in the left-handed version. It is one sweet gun.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #2132
Hedge36
Chasing parts.

Oddometer: 44,528
So girly and were nosing around at .22 pistols on our way back from the range the other day... I'm kinda leaning toward the P22 because I'm shooting an XDM45 regularly and don't want to jump back and forth that much between my "normal" frame and a 1911 style.

She mentions that she's got an old Ruger .22 in the closet that was a hand-me-down from an old neighbor when she was a kid. Go to her house, dig it out...

It's a Mark I. Built in 1958, gorgeous and will hit a gnat's ass at 50 yards.

So now I'm rethinking .22 purchases. Anybody wanna school me on reasoning between Mark II and Mark III?
Old 11-22-2012, 10:07 AM   #2133
ZzyzyxRd
Home of the odds

Oddometer: 11,334
Quote:
And it really is a toy....I just put on order one of these....being a history nut I just could not pass it up...I think it will be fun.

That is really cool, who did you order from?

Who makes it?

Glad to see you coming back to shooting, it's the best kind of therapy.
ZzyzyxRd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:35 AM   #2134
Signal
Cynical Idealist

Oddometer: 8,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedge36 View Post
So girly and were nosing around at .22 pistols on our way back from the range the other day... I'm kinda leaning toward the P22 because I'm shooting an XDM45 regularly and don't want to jump back and forth that much between my "normal" frame and a 1911 style.

She mentions that she's got an old Ruger .22 in the closet that was a hand-me-down from an old neighbor when she was a kid. Go to her house, dig it out...

So now I'm rethinking .22 purchases. Anybody wanna school me on reasoning between Mark II and Mark III?
My wife bought a mark III a couple years ago. Super accurate, cheap (like 250 out the door) minimal recoil (the bolt cycles, not the slide) and stays on target easy. She really likes it. parts/farkles are everywhere.
The only con is the takedown is picky, take some getting used to- this can drive true 1911 guys nuts
Old 11-22-2012, 07:00 PM   #2135
KeithinSC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,343
Quote:

I'm jealous of the Mark I !!

If you can find a MkII, get that before the MKIII. The 3 has a loaded chamber indicator that has given some people trouble. IMHO the indicator, along with the 'lawyer speak' stamped into the barrel really kill it aesthetically.

Takedown is a PITA no matter what generation it is
KeithinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:52 PM   #2136
RED CAT
Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer: 2,882
Ruger Mark 3.

Got a nice Stainless one 2 years ago. Got the blank stainless filler instead of the chamber indicator and a Clark bushing that elimanated all the hassels and made it look better. At least the Mark 3 has the lawyer speak crap stamped under the barrel where it doesn't show. As for stipping it. I have that down to a science and can disassemble and assemble in about a minute. Have a small Bushnell Red Dot on it. Way too much fun. Love shooting golf balls with it. Haven't found anything more fun than that yet. Great gun.
RED CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:59 PM   #2137
reelfish
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Quote:
Such a nice day yesterday....did a little plinking...some old some new. Single shot OLD mauser 22, and my year old but never shot CZ452....I LOVE that cz.....it is just great....don't get me wrong that Mauser is fantastic, but the sights are a little hard on my old eyes....I can still pick up the CZ iron sites pretty well....times when I had to put the mauser down as I just could not focus correctly.

piccy..crappy cell phone pic...they look horrid in this photo.
I have a CZ 452lux in a 22 mag I added a medium base and put a Nikon 3-9 x 40 and with my bad eyes I hold just about a 1in. group at 100 yards using Hornady bullets. I just love that rifle I also put a timminy trigger in it.
reelfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #2138
Fire Escape
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,541
Bluhduh Before using gun read warning in.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED CAT View Post
Got a nice Stainless one 2 years ago. Got the blank stainless filler instead of the chamber indicator and a Clark bushing that elimanated all the hassels and made it look better. At least the Mark 3 has the lawyer speak crap stamped under the barrel where it doesn't show. As for stipping it. I have that down to a science and can disassemble and assemble in about a minute. Have a small Bushnell Red Dot on it. Way too much fun. Love shooting golf balls with it. Haven't found anything more fun than that yet. Great gun.

It seemed like they waited decades (until Bill passed on?) to move the 'warning' to the bottom of the barrels. I really thought that they had figured out that aesthetics mattered and that it was costing them business but all the new stuff is coming with a new round of lawyer advised 'safety stuff' like the much bigger than needed loaded round indicators and magazine safetys. Having 2 Mk IIs, I hadn't looked much at the IIIs, do they have a 'key lock' as well? My last two single actions have it but at least it is hidden under the grips. I say that I won't buy a firearm with a (visible) key lock, time may prove me wrong but so far......

Bruce
06 DR 650, Moose RS Holder, Handguards and Skidplate, ProTaper bars, Garmin 60CSx, Motech racks w/ 20mm Ammo cans, Renazco, TKCs summer/17" SM wheels winter 08 Scrambler, Conti Trail Attacks and BlackTiger Fork mod, 05 FSE 450, 03 KLR 250, 02 FXDX, 72 WR 250 (again), 72 SL 350 K2 (again), 72 TR6R, 06 XT 225
Fire Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #2139
Hedge36
Chasing parts.

Oddometer: 44,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithinSC View Post
I'm jealous of the Mark I !!

If you can find a MkII, get that before the MKIII. The 3 has a loaded chamber indicator that has given some people trouble. IMHO the indicator, along with the 'lawyer speak' stamped into the barrel really kill it aesthetically.

Takedown is a PITA no matter what generation it is
It's pretty sweet, that's for sure.

The first takedown and reassembly was a bit of a puzzle, but now it's a piece of cake - and kind of a brilliant bit of engineering.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #2140
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED CAT View Post
Used to have one. Sold it. Shopping for another one. Then I'm done. I think a Mark III should be in any collection. Then it'll be "All my guns are Rugers" Like "All my ex's live in Texas"!
Lyle
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:56 PM   #2141
Fire Escape
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,541
Laugh Variety!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysailor View Post
Used to have one. Sold it. Shopping for another one. Then I'm done. I think a Mark III should be in any collection. Then it'll be "All my guns are Rugers" Like "All my ex's live in Texas"!
Lyle

I like my Rugers well enough but to say "All my guns are Rugers" would mean no more S&W, Berretta, Glock, H&K, Kimber, Walther or Sig. I just don't think that I could do that. No doubt that I would shoot better if I stopped swapping back and forth, still....to limiting for me.

Bruce
06 DR 650, Moose RS Holder, Handguards and Skidplate, ProTaper bars, Garmin 60CSx, Motech racks w/ 20mm Ammo cans, Renazco, TKCs summer/17" SM wheels winter 08 Scrambler, Conti Trail Attacks and BlackTiger Fork mod, 05 FSE 450, 03 KLR 250, 02 FXDX, 72 WR 250 (again), 72 SL 350 K2 (again), 72 TR6R, 06 XT 225
Fire Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:04 AM   #2142
DingDangKid
The milk man.

Oddometer: 2,228
I got a quick question for you gun guys. I currently have a tricked out 10/22 with the adjustable tapco intrafuse stock, reworked insides and a red dot site.

My question is that if it's possible to a mount a folder stock to the tapco stock.

something like the tapco ak47 stock.

Old 11-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #2143
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,477
Guys....dumb question. I'm looking at a Ruger Single Six. Will these things work with .22 shorts? Figure if so, it'll be quiet enough to set up targets in my back yard.
Lyle
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:19 PM   #2144
newcastleadam
Artful Tagger

Oddometer: 3,455
Quote:
The first takedown and reassembly was a bit of a puzzle, but now it's a piece of cake - and kind of a brilliant bit of engineering.

Look familiar

Nambu pistol
KLR Doohickey Wrench available!
The North Florida Tag-O-Rama wants YOU!
newcastleadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:50 PM   #2145
a1fa
Riding Nomad™

Oddometer: 13,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerCompton View Post
I got a quick question for you gun guys. I currently have a tricked out 10/22 with the adjustable tapco intrafuse stock, reworked insides and a red dot site.

My question is that if it's possible to a mount a folder stock to the tapco stock.

something like the tapco ak47 stock.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: