ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 59 votes, 4.92 average. Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 04:10 PM   #2611
pilot815
Beastly Adventurer
 
pilot815's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Deep South Texas
Oddometer: 1,435
I'm seriously thinking about a new target pistol. A few weeks ago I was sold on the Neos, however now I'm swaying to a MKIII 22/45 with the interchangeable grips. Whatever I get will have a holographic sight on it. I like both manufacturers, and have a Beretta shotgun, and a handful of different Ruger products including a basic MKII 50th anniversary pistol. What say the adv collective? I currently have nearly 4000 rounds of .22lr, so whatever I get will be getting lots of range time.

Sent from my Samsung Note 10.1
__________________
2009 KLR650
pilot815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:12 PM   #2612
McNeal
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Oddometer: 1,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED CAT View Post
Ammo is still plentiful in Canukstan. Just bought some cheap 525 Boxes of Blazer for $29. ea at Crappy Tire. Use this in my Ruger Mark 3 just for blasting away. Use Winchester Power Points for my 1022 gopher getter. Season is almost here. Got a 22mag CZ for the longer shots. Really does make things happen when they're hit.
I hate you.

I've not seen any .22lr in stores or online. I went to a gun show this weekend and the vendors who had .22lr were asking $80 for 500 rounds. There was plenty of .223 at $1,000 for a case. 9mm reloads were $35-40 for a box of 50. Absolutely nuts. No primers to be found. One guy had some powder at $285 for an 8lb container.

I hope this supply situation clears up soon. Otherwise I'll have to stop shooting, even my stock of .22lr will only last a few months at best.
McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #2613
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer
 
SkidMarx's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Ortonville, MI
Oddometer: 1,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot815 View Post
I'm seriously thinking about a new target pistol. A few weeks ago I was sold on the Neos, however now I'm swaying to a MKIII 22/45 with the interchangeable grips. Whatever I get will have a holographic sight on it. I like both manufacturers, and have a Beretta shotgun, and a handful of different Ruger products including a basic MKII 50th anniversary pistol. What say the adv collective? I currently have nearly 4000 rounds of .22lr, so whatever I get will be getting lots of range time.
Sent from my Samsung Note 10.1
Like this.

Love it.
22/45 is nice too. I had the same problem and since I'm a 1911 guy, the Ruger felt like what I'm used to. The Neos felt great too though and between that, the integrated rail, and the ease of dis-assembly, I was sold on the Neos.

Besides, I have several friends with Mk IIIs and if I want to shoot one, I just have to come up with some ammo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED CAT View Post
Ammo is still plentiful in Canukstan. Just bought some cheap 525 Boxes of Blazer for $29. ea at Crappy Tire. Use this in my Ruger Mark 3 just for blasting away. Use Winchester Power Points for my 1022 gopher getter. Season is almost here. Got a 22mag CZ for the longer shots. Really does make things happen when they're hit.
__________________
'90 XT350
'08 WR250R
GLDS
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #2614
pilot815
Beastly Adventurer
 
pilot815's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Deep South Texas
Oddometer: 1,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
Like this.

Love it.
22/45 is nice too. I had the same problem and since I'm a 1911 guy, the Ruger felt like what I'm used to. The Neos felt great too though and between that, the integrated rail, and the ease of dis-assembly, I was sold on the Neos.

Besides, I have several friends with Mk IIIs and if I want to shoot one, I just have to come up with some ammo.



Yup, I even have that exact sight sitting in a box in anticipation for my next purchase. Which size barrel is that?

Sent from my Samsung Note 10.1
__________________
2009 KLR650
pilot815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:25 PM   #2615
sieg
Beastly Adventurer
 
sieg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Southern Illinois USA
Oddometer: 2,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot815 View Post
I'm seriously thinking about a new target pistol. A few weeks ago I was sold on the Neos, however now I'm swaying to a MKIII 22/45 with the interchangeable grips. Whatever I get will have a holographic sight on it. I like both manufacturers, and have a Beretta shotgun, and a handful of different Ruger products including a basic MKII 50th anniversary pistol. What say the adv collective? I currently have nearly 4000 rounds of .22lr, so whatever I get will be getting lots of range time.

Sent from my Samsung Note 10.1
I have the MKIII, the Neo, and the S&W 22A, all with 7" barrels. I like the Neo the best. It just fells better. YRMV. But you can't go wrong they're all good! I gona get a Buck Mark yet too.
__________________
I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but let's take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.
Current bikes F800GS-EXCF350-Versys-690R-RZ350
sieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:31 PM   #2616
Assfault
Exposed Member
 
Assfault's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: RockyMountains
Oddometer: 1,967
This is what I came up with in my quest for a easy to shoot 22.
I had a Neo and it gave me ftf problems, so I moved to this 22/45. It takes everything I throw in it, and asks for more.
Tha PacLite does scratch easy, but I'm not one to coddle my firearms.
__________________
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:14 PM   #2617
xshanex
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Oddometer: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
Like this.

Love it.
Mk IIIs and if I want to shoot one, I just have to come up with some ammo.

....and I also have the same exact setup......exactly the same
xshanex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:28 PM   #2618
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer
 
SkidMarx's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Ortonville, MI
Oddometer: 1,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot815 View Post
Yup, I even have that exact sight sitting in a box in anticipation for my next purchase. Which size barrel is that?

Sent from my Samsung Note 10.1
6"

The only feed problems I have ever had were with some Remington bulk. Not the gun's fault, you can't expect a blowback action to work when half the powder doesn't light off. Dirty garbage that stuff was. Winchester bulk is fine, haven't tried any other bilk ammo. Premium is, of coarse, best if you want show off.
__________________
'90 XT350
'08 WR250R
GLDS
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #2619
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer
 
SkidMarx's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Ortonville, MI
Oddometer: 1,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by xshanex View Post
....and I also have the same exact setup......exactly the same
That's the one that comes with a laser hanging off the side. Didn't fit in my case that way and was more of a novelty anyway.
The cats love it.
__________________
'90 XT350
'08 WR250R
GLDS
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:43 AM   #2620
pilot815
Beastly Adventurer
 
pilot815's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Deep South Texas
Oddometer: 1,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
That's the one that comes with a laser hanging off the side. Didn't fit in my case that way and was more of a novelty anyway.
The cats love it.
Oh nvm, mine doesn't have the laser.

Sent from my Samsung Note 10.1
__________________
2009 KLR650
pilot815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:47 AM   #2621
pilot815
Beastly Adventurer
 
pilot815's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Deep South Texas
Oddometer: 1,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
6"

The only feed problems I have ever had were with some Remington bulk. Not the gun's fault, you can't expect a blowback action to work when half the powder doesn't light off. Dirty garbage that stuff was. Winchester bulk is fine, haven't tried any other bilk ammo. Premium is, of coarse, best if you want show off.
I could never get the remington bulk to feed in my MKII. A month ago I picked up a couple 1400round buckets of remington just because that was all I could find. My 10/22 eats the stuff up and delivers excellent results with it. The label says "new and improved!" And I think it might just be better than it was before. The last time I was at the range that's all I put in it. There were some winchester super x rounds still in my mag loader that got mixed in. Whenever the gun had a failure it was always the winchester rounds. I think they were just old rounds. I'll have to try the remington in whatever pistol I end up buying.

Sent from my Samsung Note 10.1
__________________
2009 KLR650
pilot815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:17 AM   #2622
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer
 
SkidMarx's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Ortonville, MI
Oddometer: 1,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot815 View Post
I could never get the remington bulk to feed in my MKII. A month ago I picked up a couple 1400round buckets of remington just because that was all I could find. My 10/22 eats the stuff up and delivers excellent results with it. The label says "new and improved!" And I think it might just be better than it was before. The last time I was at the range that's all I put in it. There were some winchester super x rounds still in my mag loader that got mixed in. Whenever the gun had a failure it was always the winchester rounds. I think they were just old rounds. I'll have to try the remington in whatever pistol I end up buying.
Meh... I honestly don't know how old my Remington rnds were so it could have been that. My Marlin model 60 didn't like them either so that's why I had a bunch of them.
__________________
'90 XT350
'08 WR250R
GLDS
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:49 PM   #2623
Speedo66
Transient
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Cin City, OH
Oddometer: 6,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot815 View Post
I'm seriously thinking about a new target pistol. A few weeks ago I was sold on the Neos, however now I'm swaying to a MKIII 22/45 with the interchangeable grips. Whatever I get will have a holographic sight on it. I like both manufacturers, and have a Beretta shotgun, and a handful of different Ruger products including a basic MKII 50th anniversary pistol. What say the adv collective? I currently have nearly 4000 rounds of .22lr, so whatever I get will be getting lots of range time.

Sent from my Samsung Note 10.1
Have you considered any of the Browning Buckmarks?

I'm thinking of getting one, if I ever see one available. Only one LGS even carries the Browning line.
__________________
Oh I used to be disgusted, but now I try to be amused-E.Costello
'01 Kawasaki W650, '05 Yamaha XT225



Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #2624
pilot815
Beastly Adventurer
 
pilot815's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Deep South Texas
Oddometer: 1,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
Have you considered any of the Browning Buckmarks?

I'm thinking of getting one, if I ever see one available. Only one LGS even carries the Browning line.
Don't really care for them. I can get a Neos local for $250, and have yet to see a Browning.

Sent from my Samsung Note 10.1
__________________
2009 KLR650
pilot815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:20 PM   #2625
Me and my monkee
Out makin' Monkee Maps
 
Me and my monkee's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Augusta GA
Oddometer: 974
Will join in here with my Neos. No problems with ANY ammo after about 1000 rounds.
Will let you know if something happens during this next 4300 rounds...
__________________
2001 Moto Guzzi California Jackal, 2000 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours,
2001 Suzuki SV650S, 2001 Suzuki DR650SE,
2001 Kawasaki BN125 Eliminator, 1981 Kawasaki AR80
Me and my monkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014