Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 4.91 average. Display Modes
Old 03-25-2011, 07:37 AM   #901
jeep44
junk collector

Oddometer: 1,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot View Post

WI-Rider was talking about you, you know.
I've got another Mossberg on the way to me right now
jeep44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:31 AM   #902
oj may
Have bike, will travel.

Oddometer: 2,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmwgs View Post
Anyone have a Beretta 21A Bobcat 22LR ?

what do you think of it?
I just bought one on Thursday, poor weather means I have shot it just once. That will soon change. I will let you know.

It is MUCH louder than my 10-22.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:21 AM   #903
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by oj may View Post
I just bought one on Thursday, poor weather means I have shot it just once. That will soon change. I will let you know.

It is MUCH louder than my 10-22.
I can imagine! What was your intended purpose for the gun? I thought it might be a good gun for the girlfriend, but she can actually handle my 22/45 pretty well.

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:29 PM   #904
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,473
two pistols, a semiauto and a revolver. Two rifles, both marlins. Sold a single shot bolt action last week, and if all goes well picking up a 10/22 tomorrow.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:10 AM   #905
oj may
Have bike, will travel.

Oddometer: 2,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero View Post
I can imagine! What was your intended purpose for the gun? I thought it might be a good gun for the girlfriend, but she can actually handle my 22/45 pretty well.
Well, I live out in the sticks and I am out with my dog before dawn and after dark every day. There are a lot of coyotes in the area, and this gun is small and easy to leave in my 'chore' coat. Also, I love to shoot, and ammo is cheap. I may even 'cc' it at times when something bigger is not easy.

The real reason is I wanted it.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:29 AM   #906
Stromdog
Howl at the Moon

Oddometer: 2,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep44 View Post
I've got another Mossberg on the way to me right now
jeep44 always has "another" Mossberg (or Winchester, Remington, etc.), coming in!

American Rifleman magazine should do a feature article on him.

For the record, I have two rifles (10-22 and Anschutz 1413) and a Ruger MK II pistol. I need a couple revolvers, a few more semi-auto pistols and a whole lot more rifles.
Stromdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:48 AM   #907
jeep44
junk collector

If you go to rimfirecental.com, you'll see collections that dwarf mine, both in quantity and quality. I'm just a beginner over there.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:17 AM   #908
Stromdog
Howl at the Moon

Oddometer: 2,703
Quote:
If you go to rimfirecental.com, you'll see collections that dwarf mine, both in quantity and quality. I'm just a beginner over there.
Wow! That's a butt kicking forum. I'm adding that to my favorites list. Thanks, jeep44!

For the record it's rimfirecentral.com
Stromdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:39 PM   #909
WI-rider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 846
Quote:
Culvers Shooting Page has some nice collections too. http://www.jouster.com/forums/ The page centers on military shooting and service rifle matches but if you check out the rimfire room, alot of guys have some amaising collections of military trainers. There is some great history there since during the war, some of the big companies provided guns as trainers (Mossberg) and some provided target rifles in the decades after the war (H&R, Winchester, Remington).

Jeep44, you got a ton of Mossbergs, do you buy any of the CMP guns? The M44 sold for about $75 back in the day (4-5 years ago). The M44 has a hand lapped bore and with a sight upgrade (or if your eyes are good) shoots really well for being so butt ugly.
WI-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:32 PM   #910
barefoot
Frustrated Rock Star

Oddometer: 624
I only have two .22's. Here's my "ray gun". It kicks like a mouse.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:01 PM   #911
YakSpout
Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer: 5,578
Crappy cell pic, but two 10/22s.

The bottom one is a 1971 receiver on a whole bunch of non-Ruger parts.

The one on top is a TacSol X-ring receiver with Kid barrel, Hogue stock, Jard trigger and Falcon scope.

At one point that old receiver was in the rifle on top. That config was good enough for 3rd in our local rimfire matches. It could probably do better, but I couldn't.

The new receiver seems like a shooter, but I haven't had a chance to get it out to a match yet.
YakSpout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:58 PM   #912
jeep44
junk collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WI-rider View Post
Culvers Shooting Page has some nice collections too. http://www.jouster.com/forums/ The page centers on military shooting and service rifle matches but if you check out the rimfire room, alot of guys have some amaising collections of military trainers. There is some great history there since during the war, some of the big companies provided guns as trainers (Mossberg) and some provided target rifles in the decades after the war (H&R, Winchester, Remington).

Jeep44, you got a ton of Mossbergs, do you buy any of the CMP guns? The M44 sold for about $75 back in the day (4-5 years ago). The M44 has a hand lapped bore and with a sight upgrade (or if your eyes are good) shoots really well for being so butt ugly.
I think all of my trainers were CMP guns, but they came to me through someone else-I live rather close to the North store, but I've never gone. Just as well, I'd probably get one of those Kimbers. I have four of those 44US rifles-two 'US Property' ones, and two postwar ones.

edit: thanks for the Culver link-I just joined.

jeep44 screwed with this post 03-28-2011 at 05:21 PM
Old 03-28-2011, 06:07 PM   #913
WI-rider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 846
Quote:
I think all of my trainers were CMP guns, but they came to me through someone else-I live rather close to the North store, but I've never gone. Just as well, I'd probably get one of those Kimbers. I have four of those 44US rifles-two 'US Property' ones, and two postwar ones.

edit: thanks for the Culver link-I just joined.
Its been said that the CMP has sold most all of the .22s that were in goverment inventory but if they get small amounts that they dont put on the auction page, they end up at the north store. Well worth swinging in if you are in the area. There is usually some chatter on the Culvers page on whats currently at the North Store, more in the M1 Garand room but if there are .22s, it gets mentioned in the small bore room too.

If you want to try and grab a .22 from the CMP other than from the north store, have your paperwork ready in case they announce something going on sale. They usually open a waiting list on an anounced day, usually a week or so in advance then you can quick mail in your order form. Or hit the north store, when they open up a rifle for mail in, they usually sell some at the north store too.

I havent been following the Kimbers too much but word over at the CMP page is many of the "rusty" Kimbers really aint, its just dryed grease. Might be worth looking into if you are jonzing for a Kimber and $400 is a better risk. http://forums.thecmp.org/
WI-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:42 PM   #914
rapidoxidationman
Easily trainable

Oddometer: 8,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot View Post
I only have two .22's. Here's my "ray gun". It kicks like a mouse.

Izzat the Beretta Neos? How do you like it and is it really that hard to find a holster for it?

There's a used one for sale for about $220... Less than half the price of the Ruger MkIII I'm lusting for.
rapidoxidationman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:50 AM   #915
AZstrommer
Long may she wave!

Oddometer: 960
Had to have it!

I picked this up last week and ran 400 rounds through it yesterday. Cheap fun and great practice gun. I took a friend who's never shot a gun and she is hooked! After getting the feel for the .22, she picked up my SR9c and blasted through a mag while giggling like a school girl!

Love this gun!

Time to go get more ammo!

AZ

We can't negate who we are, who we were, what we've done. Who we've loved, who we've hurt. Part of our human fabric. Who are are. I am the sum of all I have done before. I am imperfect, I am flawed. I am, however, aware of that. I desire happiness, I long for joy, always knowing the price, the balance. - Sabre
AZstrommer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: