Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 99 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 03-29-2011, 11:00 AM   #916
thouk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 188
For Rapid

Hey Rapid,
I will answer you questions. It is indeed a Beretta Neos. It appears to be a Inox model, meaning stainless barrel. For $220 you could go to Galleryofguns.com and with a few more dollars, $230ish, and buy a new one with a lifetime no questions asked warranty. Just a thought. There is also a carbine kit for the Neos. I have both the pistol and the carbine kit. Great gun. I love mine. I don't have a holster for mine but I read somewhere that one is available. It looks like the one pictured is a 6 inch model. If you have any questions just ask. Have fun, Tony

May God look upon you as you ride with Jesus with the Holy Spirit in your heart.
thouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:16 PM   #917
barefoot
Frustrated Rock Star

Oddometer: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidoxidationman View Post
Izzat the Beretta Neos? How do you like it and is it really that hard to find a holster for it?

There's a used one for sale for about $220... Less than half the price of the Ruger MkIII I'm lusting for.
I like it just fine, though I can't compare it to the Ruger, never shot one of those. I've also never considered holstering it, so I'm no help there, either. It's a good little pistol - more accurate than me, already has a rail for a scope. Some folks don't like it because it looks like a ray gun, but I like it - either that or I'm just contrary enough to get one anyways.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:24 PM   #918
xshanex
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 895
Quote:
Izzat the Beretta Neos? How do you like it and is it really that hard to find a holster for it?

There's a used one for sale for about $220... Less than half the price of the Ruger MkIII I'm lusting for.

I haven't seen one for more than $250 in a while. Friend of mine just bought one for $250 last week. They're usually on sale for $230 or so. I've had one for 5 years and have never had a problem with it. Works great but spits a little when using high velocity .22 rounds. I threw on a $50 red dot and its a ton of fun
xshanex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:48 PM   #919
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,319
Before:

After:

Can't wait to hit the range.

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:48 AM   #920
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
Before:

After:

Can't wait to hit the range.

Pew pew pew pew pew pew . I was noticing the different sights and the larger opening on the slide, then I noticed the different extractor.

Izzta a 22 LR now?
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:57 AM   #921
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Yessiree!

The before pics are the .45 slide that came with it nd the after are with the marvel precision unit 2 installed.

Haven't shot either yet. Hopefully I'll get some time in soon.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:23 AM   #922
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,727
Quote:
Yessiree!

The before pics are the .45 slide that came with it nd the after are with the marvel precision unit 2 installed.

Haven't shot either yet. Hopefully I'll get some time in soon.
Do you think the 22 conversion is going to be picky about ammo, or is that slide pretty light?

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:45 PM   #923
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero View Post
Do you think the 22 conversion is going to be picky about ammo, or is that slide pretty light?
The slide is billet aluminum and pretty light.

Theres a review online somewhere of a guy shooting both the unit 1 and unit 2 with a variety of ammo.

As with any auto .22 high velocity yields better results.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:56 PM   #924
McNeal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,685
Quote:
The slide is billet aluminum and pretty light.

Theres a review online somewhere of a guy shooting both the unit 1 and unit 2 with a variety of ammo.

As with any auto .22 high velocity yields better results.
Are there different types of .22 conversions for the 1911? I could have sworn that I saw one were the slide didn't move, but operated kind of like a Ruger 10/22 with an internal bolt moving back and forth.
McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:01 PM   #925
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNeal View Post
Are there different types of .22 conversions for the 1911? I could have sworn that I saw one were the slide didn't move, but operated kind of like a Ruger 10/22 with an internal bolt moving back and forth.
All 22 conversions for the 1911 are a full working slide although none allow the slide to stay back on the last round which is fine since a .22 1911 is not a combat gun. On the conversions it might SEEM like the slide isn't moving because there isn't ANY recoil and the slide is so light, it doesn't feel like the slide is racking back and fourth.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:49 PM   #926
rapidoxidationman
Easily trainable

Oddometer: 8,211
so I went to the Big City yesterday

supposedly to get some new tires for the Great White Truck. And I DID get the tires...

But

Something else followed me home

I've GOT to quit going to gun shops...

Haven't shot it yet, but spent some time on it this morning learning how it works and cleaning and buffing and making it mine. Getting pretty good at dis/assembly and only need to thunk it once with a mallet to take the barrel/receiver assembly off the frame.

Any recommendations on a red dot scope? I know T@$(O is a 5 letter word in the Scope world, is there anything decent available for $50? Tru Glo?
rapidoxidationman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:18 PM   #927
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper X View Post
All 22 conversions for the 1911 are a full working slide although none allow the slide to stay back on the last round which is fine since a .22 1911 is not a combat gun. On the conversions it might SEEM like the slide isn't moving because there isn't ANY recoil and the slide is so light, it doesn't feel like the slide is racking back and fourth.
Some do.

I believe the advantage arms kit has a last round locking slide as well as the ceiner kit. (both ID'd by the steel insert with two flush bolts where the lock slot is)

Botha are cheaper than the marvel Precision units but the ceiner is money order only and you'll be damned if you can find any advantage arms kits.

The marvel unit one has a breech style slide like the S&W 41 so you can mount optics on the top for an actual target pistol but it's also about $100 more then the unit two.

EvilGenius screwed with this post 04-01-2011 at 08:02 PM
Old 04-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #928
Andyinhilo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,645
Quote:
Some do.

The marvel unit one has a breech style slide like the S&W 41 so you can mount optics on the top for an actual target pistol but it's also about $100 more then the unit two.
Ditto the old Kart 22 conversions.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."J. Cooper
Andyinhilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:13 PM   #929
AZstrommer
Long may she wave!

Oddometer: 961
Quote:
supposedly to get some new tires for the Great White Truck. And I DID get the tires...

But

Something else followed me home

I've GOT to quit going to gun shops...

Haven't shot it yet, but spent some time on it this morning learning how it works and cleaning and buffing and making it mine. Getting pretty good at dis/assembly and only need to thunk it once with a mallet to take the barrel/receiver assembly off the frame.

Any recommendations on a red dot scope? I know T@$(O is a 5 letter word in the Scope world, is there anything decent available for $50? Tru Glo?
Don't know if you have one of these but if not, GET ONE! Ultimate Clip Loader!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAN_v...eature=related

I can load a magazine in 5 seconds. Holy Shootin' Bricks, it makes it soooo much easier at the range. More time shootin', less time loadin' and no more Ruger thumb!

AZ

We can't negate who we are, who we were, what we've done. Who we've loved, who we've hurt. Part of our human fabric. Who are are. I am the sum of all I have done before. I am imperfect, I am flawed. I am, however, aware of that. I desire happiness, I long for joy, always knowing the price, the balance. - Sabre
AZstrommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:26 PM   #930
WI-rider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper X View Post
The Colt Ace conversion unit locks back the slide. There were a couple different Ace designs and I dont think all of them locked back but some did. I have a Ace conversion with floating chamber and for some reason think that was the key.
WI-rider is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: