Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 60 votes, 4.92 average. Display Modes
Old 10-05-2011, 06:42 PM   #1171
richard cabesa
The Mayor

Oddometer: 9,121
Not a single picture on this page, time for a change

This one I've had for a while but it missed the class pictures until now

And this one just followed me home. It's actually for the Mrs so I can have mine back. I don't think I've shot it once since she got her hands on it

Range trip this weekend, rimfire only

And there is yet another rimfire waiting out it's sentence in Ca pergatory
Old 10-05-2011, 07:52 PM   #1172
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,308
Just found this channel on youtube.

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:25 PM   #1173
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,725
Hey Richard, that new Ruger is sweet! I hadn't shot my 22/45 much in a while since the wife was hogging it, damn but it is still fun to shoot. I need to find some Loctite on the screw on the front sight, it keeps coming loose.

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:28 PM   #1174
Signal
Cynical Idealist

Oddometer: 8,297
At the range this AM, gusty/windy threatening rain (held off until about noon-thirty)...

Had set up 100, 50, and 10 yard targets for the 223/22lr/9mm respectively...

Marlin model 60- good for focus and letting the 223 cool

Put this little guy out at 50 yrs or so- he took a beating

May have to buy another- love the instant feedback/spin. this guy was spinnin like a tilt a whirl at the fair
Old 10-07-2011, 09:28 AM   #1175
Andrew
Optimus Primer

Oddometer: 14,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard cabesa View Post
this one just followed me home. It's actually for the Mrs so I can have mine back. I don't think I've shot it once since she got her hands on it

Range trip this weekend, rimfire only

And there is yet another rimfire waiting out it's sentence in Ca pergatory
Nice Mark III Hunter

Have you compared the 4.5" barrel to the 6.88" barrel? Curious what the difference is in accuracy, and felt recoil (minimal though that is w/ .22LR). It's time for me to get a pistol in .22LR, to complement the Single-Six.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:57 AM   #1176
richard cabesa
The Mayor

Oddometer: 9,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Nice Mark III Hunter

Have you compared the 4.5" barrel to the 6.88" barrel? Curious what the difference is in accuracy, and felt recoil (minimal though that is w/ .22LR). It's time for me to get a pistol in .22LR, to complement the Single-Six.
Dunno yet. Range trip this Sunday. My other MKIII is a 5.5" Target so I won't be able to comment on the 6.88

I somehow get the feeling that Mrs Cabesa will still kick my butt with the 4.5" and I'll be buying lunch
Old 10-07-2011, 12:20 PM   #1177
El Guero
V4 Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal View Post
Put this little guy out at 50 yrs or so- he took a beating

May have to buy another- love the instant feedback/spin. this guy was spinnin like a tilt a whirl at the fair
Had one of those, now I have the triple bottle spinner. With my 10/22 and iron sights I can spin them about as fast as I can shoot at 50 yards, but hitting them at any range with a pistol or revolver is still plenty difficult for me!

Edit: As the instructions say, they don't like hollowpoints and I found this out the hard way. They won't blow the target to pieces, but they will start taking nice chunks out of their backsides. My prairie dog had some decent holes in him by the time he was retired/thrown out by my roommate.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:00 PM   #1178
Signal
Cynical Idealist

Oddometer: 8,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero View Post
Had one of those, now I have the triple bottle spinner. With my 10/22 and iron sights I can spin them about as fast as I can shoot at 50 yards, but hitting them at any range with a pistol or revolver is still plenty difficult for me!

Edit: As the instructions say, they don't like hollowpoints and I found this out the hard way. They won't blow the target to pieces, but they will start taking nice chunks out of their backsides. My prairie dog had some decent holes in him by the time he was retired/thrown out by my roommate.
Guess I'd better read the insructions - I haven't shot at it with any pistols, but have hit it with 22lr hollowpoints (a bunch) but I doubt they expand enough to hurt it too much. I've also peppered it with 69 gr BTHP a bunch (but again, target bullet, not an expander)....I managed to "kill" one of these by hitting the metal weight at the top- the bullet fragments cut the rubber at the wire junction/rotation.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:18 AM   #1179
davsato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 799
ruger pistols look great. i notice the shorter than usual barrel on the pic above, i dont know a great deal about 'bullet' weapons (im British, im not allowed any) but since 22LR is primarily for rifles, does a short barrel lose a lot of 'oomph' and how much difference is there between a 6" and 4" barrel? is there any difference? i know cartridges can be tailored to suit different barrel lengths, eg the .223 remington military round has a perfect barrel of 12 or 13", can you buy different cartridges to suit your gun?
Old 10-08-2011, 05:41 AM   #1180
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by davsato View Post
ruger pistols look great. i notice the shorter than usual barrel on the pic above, i dont know a great deal about 'bullet' weapons (im British, im not allowed any) but since 22LR is primarily for rifles, does a short barrel lose a lot of 'oomph' and how much difference is there between a 6" and 4" barrel? is there any difference? i know cartridges can be tailored to suit different barrel lengths, eg the .223 remington military round has a perfect barrel of 12 or 13", can you buy different cartridges to suit your gun?
You can certainly load your cartridges differently to compensate (though not with rimfires).

I doubt you're losing too much with .22lr out of a 4" barrel though. Below 2"-3" is where you're really going to start losing velocity.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:25 AM   #1181
Josephvman
I'm the Decider

Oddometer: 3,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard cabesa View Post
Dunno yet. Range trip this Sunday. My other MKIII is a 5.5" Target so I won't be able to comment on the 6.88

I somehow get the feeling that Mrs Cabesa will still kick my butt with the 4.5" and I'll be buying lunch
I didn't realize they made the MKIII Hunter with a short barrel. I have the 6 7/8" Hunter, beautiful gun to shoot. Recoil like a bb gun!
'93 Ducati 900SS "Slightly older whore"
"Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"
Josephvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 04:46 PM   #1182
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 1,968
Ruger

This is what I have been playing with the last couple months.It came stock with a 6&7/8 slab target, then I started to replace parts.
My goal was less weight, as my wife loves it more than I, and that longer barrel is heavy for her.
4.5 Tactical Solutions with a no name comp, Vol sear and trigger.
It is still better than I with open sights. No differance accurate wise between the barrels.
I've just bought another so we both can have fun.

* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:39 PM   #1183
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Sweet!

I actually like the looks of that.

I didn't realize they could take 1911 grips.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:24 PM   #1184
El Guero
V4 Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
Sweet!

I actually like the looks of that.

I didn't realize they could take 1911 grips.
The newer ones like mine can. His appears to have one of the older style frames, meaning that it is probably well acquainted with a Dremel. I've been considering one of those grips for mine...

Old 10-08-2011, 10:33 PM   #1185
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero View Post
The newer ones like mine can. His appears to have one of the older style frames, meaning that it is probably well acquainted with a Dremel. I've been considering one of those grips for mine...
I've got a seton my 1911, they're badass for the price.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: