Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 84 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 07:44 AM   #1246
HardCase
winter is coming

Oddometer: 9,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyinhilo View Post
I never shot one of the 10 shot 617s, but you can get a reliable 8 lb smooth DA on a rimfire K-Frame.
I have a 6" 10 shot 617, super nice gun although I would have preferred a 4", just couldn't find one at the time I bought this (about 4-5 years ago) and am not unhappy with the longer barrel, it's not a gun I'm going to CCW in any event. I find the SA pull to be excellent, crisp and very Smith-like! The DA is a little heavy. I might have to look into lightening it at some point.

Hard cases make bad law.
HardCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:43 AM   #1247
little foot
Scratch and Sniff

Oddometer: 5,369
Just ordered

A 22lr blued 28" fluted barrel for my Encore. I will top it with a Nikon pro Staff that has been sitting on the shelf. Why? to get rid of some CB caps. I also wanted to round out the rifle, as i have the 209x50 and 30-06 barrels. So far it shoots as well as i am capable.
little foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:36 PM   #1248
IHWillys
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal View Post
I could really use a 452 , american, in walnut
Me too.

CZ still makes them for those who shoot left handed. I am right handed but shoot rifle/shotgun left handed due to my eyes.

Ken
IHWillys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:48 AM   #1249
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinfuzz View Post
I have a Marlin SS .22 mag bolt action that has the tube instead of a clip. I carry it in a Polaris ranger in a vertical rack. It covers around 10-15 miles a day here on the farm. I shoot it anywhere from 1 round a week to 25-30 rounds depending on the varmit population. Sometimes the 1st round sounds like a squibb load,sound is off,recoil is different,and most of the time it dosen't hit the target. One time shooting at a coydog the first 3 rounds were that way. Would carrying it upright with a full tube over rough ground cause this? Maybe powder to compact or the bullet to set back in the case ? It does this no matter what brand of ammo. The gun doesn't get wet but gets alot of dust . Also when this happens I have had a few FTE and had to punch the fired case out with a dowel.
I'd venture a guess that the bouncing is beating the ammo in the tube against each other and possibly seating the bullet deeper or tighter. May even be widening it out a bit.
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:59 AM   #1250
Dysco
caddis muncher

Oddometer: 15,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Rocket View Post
I'd venture a guess that the bouncing is beating the ammo in the tube against each other and possibly seating the bullet deeper or tighter. May even be widening it out a bit.
I've been thinking about this, too. I'd compare a new round vs an old round first off, then I'd try a rifle with a different style of magazine like a Savage Mark 2. (MK II F)
Dysco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:04 PM   #1251
NDEBT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,101
Never tell a gun dealer what you want

I was talking with my friend who is a dealer about a golden boy and stated if I found one with good wood I would buy it. He called me to come look at his sons car as he hit a deer and needed it repaid. He did not lie really but the car I saw on a phone pic and he just got in three new rifles. I took the rear sight up one notch before I even shot it and that is still were it is to be honest I'm amazed.

I kind of wanted this gun to fail so I could rub it in but it was perfect.

A beautifull gun. I tried to make it fail shooting everything out of it even my truck shells which is a mix of everything. It shot everyone without a hiccup.

Iron sights on the bag at 40 yards 15 shots mixed ammo as fast as I could shoot.

The sight without magnification covers the target so a Lille bit if Kentucky wind-age is required

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain
NDEBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:15 PM   #1252
NDEBT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,101
I let the charger play today also. 10 shots 40 yards the last two was a double tap I was aming for the middle of the head on the second.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain
NDEBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:22 PM   #1253
RustySpokes
Two-bit throttle bum

Oddometer: 994
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDEBT View Post

I kind of wanted this gun to fail so I could rub it in but it was perfect.

That is a handsome rifle.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:48 PM   #1254
kobudo28
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,850
Picking up one of these next week.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:07 PM   #1255
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,314
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobudo28 View Post
You'll love it!

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:30 PM   #1256
flyinfuzz
2 Quarts low

Oddometer: 1,750
Love mine ,it seems to be breaking in well. about 500 rounds so far. It didn't like bulk Winchester hp at first but feeds every thing now. I didn't know you could limp wrist a .22 . Was having a problem with FTF after I had shot 45-50 rounds,stopped,had a snack then went back to shooting fine. Guess I get tired easily in my old age.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:56 PM   #1257
kobudo28
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,850
Good to know, thanks. The deal isn't done yet, still talking price.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:50 AM   #1258
Boondoggle
Gear Grinder

Oddometer: 13,094
P22

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
You'll love it!

+1. More fun than a barrel full of monkeys.

EvilGenius also put me on to the "P22 Bible"- google it- lots of great information there.
I've been poking a giant bouncy ball with a needle. You feel anything yet? -Blake716
Boondoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:23 AM   #1259
AerialCameras
Gyrating Peacefully

Oddometer: 1,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobudo28 View Post
I would have bought the Walter but my friend already has one. We try not to buy the same stuff since we routinely raid each others safe. I bought the sig mosquito and love it, but if Charlie didn't already have the Walter I'd have bought one. It just feels right in my hand.

I ain't had no fun in London since the Hammersmith Palais
AerialCameras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:57 AM   #1260
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
+1. More fun than a barrel full of monkeys.

EvilGenius also put me on to the "P22 Bible"- google it- lots of great information there.
YES.

Thank you for bringing that up, I try to turn everyone onto it I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerialFilm1 View Post
...It just feels right in my hand.
+1

I haven't handled everything out there yet, but I have yet to find anything as ergonomic as the P22.

One issue brought up about the P22/PK380/P99 series of guns on another board is that if you plan to get a holster for it. Make sure you get the right one, some generic kind of holsters or cheap ones have issues with bumping the mag release when holstering. So you got to draw and the mag comes flying out.

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: