Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
KTURNIS OP
n00b

Oddometer: 1
supertrapp ids2 quiet series, is it possible to match stock db?!?

I am looking a purchasing a supertrapp ids 2 quiet series to custom fabricate onto my CRF250L. A friend of mine has an FMF Q4 hex, and while riding with him yesterday I realized that it is super quiet at idle and while revving in neutral. Yet when under a load the FMF Q4 might as well be a powercore 4 because I couldn't even hear my bike while he was behind me and I have a stock exhaust. My dad used to run supertrapp on his race quads so he could tune it for the track then change discs and be usfs legal on sound. The ONLY reason I want an aftermarket exhaust is to DECREASE WEIGHT!!! Power gain would be a plus, but I want to be AS quiet as stock. I do entirely too much trespassing to be heard. I am all about the stealth mode of the dual sport. If I wanted to piss people off I would just ride my YZ race bike everywhere I take my 250L. If it is not possible to be within 5 decibels of stock, I will leave my bike stock. Thank you for any input.
KTURNIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:44 PM   #2
kubiak
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,809
you probably could make it as quiet as stock with a little work. i run a 2013 ktm 450sx muffler on my f650gs and its not bad but i made a perferated cone to go inside the core to quiet it down. stock they have a cone in there so its pretty quiet but with the second cone its a lot more quiet.
kubiak is offline   Reply With Quote