ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2009, 05:26 PM   #1
Desmolitonman OP
Projectile

Oddometer: 106
Laugh North West CT Tag-o-roma "half court tag"

NW CT Tag-O-Roma. The lightning round.
After talking to a few local riders in the north west it seems like there is room for another game of Tag-O-Roma. Think of it as miniature golf or a game of half court what-ever
It’s intended to turn a little faster than regular tag-o-rama and the rules have been altered slightly for that reason. Please read them carefully.
1. Find the tag and reproduce the photo (as best as possible). Take the tag to a new location, get the photo and post it here. Give a few hints so the next person can figure out where the tag is located.Make the clues clear and easiiy understood. o Try to place the tags in interesting locations, maybe a bit of history that can be found down some nice twisties.
2. Tag must be: a) findable & b) not placed on a dirt road. o Maintained gravel is OK, but make sure to let folks know that gravel is required to get to your tag. We don't want to exclude those who don't like to get dirty.[/font]
3. The first person to post a found tag and a new tag wins that round. If you get a tag, but somebody else posts their picture first, you lose. If you get only the tag but don’t post a new one right away someone else may do so and steal your glory. So have your new tag ready to go.
4. One tag at a time. File photos are NOT permitted. You gotta ride to play this game.
5. Tags must be in CT. and stay west of I 91 and North of I 84.
6. No whining There are plenty of folks here that will help you understand the rules
7. The holder of the tag determines if the tag has been duplicated and acknowledges it by posting on the thread. (Surrendering the Tag) Remember, you gotta be quick. Don't make the clues difficult, because it will come back and bite you in the arse. Also, bring your "A" game cause someone will have a tag and post another while you're thinking about eating breakfast.

Finally,

If you wanna play, you gotta rideGO GIT'EM

"Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast Motorcycles, Bubba...."
Hunter S. Thompson

Desmolitonman screwed with this post 04-17-2009 at 04:21 AM
Desmolitonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:36 PM   #2
Desmolitonman OP
Projectile

first tag go get em

Good luck folks. Play nice but play hard. Have fun and ride safe.
D
Attached Images

"Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast Motorcycles, Bubba...."
Hunter S. Thompson
Old 04-07-2009, 06:09 PM   #3
ChrisRiedinger
Specialized

Oddometer: 596
Oh man! 4 ish tags I'm now going to trying for this weekend! Awesome!
ChrisRiedinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:26 PM   #4
CTyankee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
I've got tomorrow off. Do I want to head northwest or southeast?

Think I'll flip a coin when I get up.
'11 Tiger 800
'11 Police Electraglide. Go figure
CTyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:34 PM   #5
Desmolitonman OP
Projectile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTyankee

What a great problem to have. Right?

Have a good ride Get em both.
D
Hunter S. Thompson
Old 04-07-2009, 07:20 PM   #6
Oilhed
MarkF

Oddometer: 3,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTyankee

I have til 2pm... Catch me if you can!

new bike - BMW R1150GS
old bikes - Ducati ST3 (RIP), BMW R1100R, R75 & R65, Suzuki Bandit 600, Guzzi V65SP, Kawi KLR600, etc.
Oilhed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:02 AM   #7
ChrisRiedinger
Specialized

go it

ill post another tag this evening
Old 04-11-2009, 01:30 PM   #8
madrivermaz
Old Fart

Oddometer: 2,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRiedinger

go it

ill post another tag this evening
did you all know that across the street from that place, a guy named John Fitch (a semi-famous 24 Hours LeMans driver had a contract with Chevrolet to modify the now defunct Corvair into high-performance street machine by special order from Chevy dealers, but that is not what he is most famous for. John Fitch is the guy responsible for designing those big yellow, sand-filed, plastic barrels you see in front of bridge abuttments and on highways throughout the US. He did it because his co-driver was killed hitting a bridge abuttment in one of the races.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Fitch_(driver)

Neat ey?

madrivermaz screwed with this post 04-11-2009 at 01:37 PM
madrivermaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 05:44 PM   #9
itb73
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by madrivermaz
did you all know that across the street from that place, a guy named John Fitch (a semi-famous 24 Hours LeMans driver had a contract with Chevrolet to modify the now defunct Corvair into high-performance street machine by special order from Chevy dealers, but that is not what he is most famous for. John Fitch is the guy responsible for designing those big yellow, sand-filed, plastic barrels you see in front of bridge abuttments and on highways throughout the US. He did it because his co-driver was killed hitting a bridge abuttment in one of the races.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Fitch_(driver)

Neat ey?
If I am not mistaken that crash was in 1955 and was the deadliest in motorsports. It killed 88 spectators. I had the honor of watching him drive around the paddock at Lime Rock in his "Phoenix" sports car.
itb73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:44 PM   #10
ChrisRiedinger
Specialized

I got the bike dirty later that day..

I thought the tag was in Canaan so I rode around for a while until someone told me the place I was looking for was in falls village. :

This is probably a giveaway for most of you.. if not I'll post a hint by tomorrow night.

ChrisRiedinger screwed with this post 04-12-2009 at 07:38 AM
Old 04-12-2009, 01:37 PM   #11
madrivermaz
Old Fart

Quote:
I got the bike dirty later that day..

I thought the tag was in Canaan so I rode around for a while until someone told me the place I was looking for was in falls village. :

This is probably a giveaway for most of you.. if not I'll post a hint by tomorrow night.
It is! and if it weren't so friggin cold, I go get it right now, but my son took my riding jacket to work and I'm old and I'm lazy and I just had Easter dinner and I want to sleep and my wife is bugging me about being on the p/c and she thinks I'm nuts and....and.....
Old 04-12-2009, 04:18 PM   #12
GOT DIRT?
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 888
Somebody go get this. I don't feel like moving right now.

AMA, BTR, AND NETRA MEMBER
GOT DIRT? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:30 PM   #13
ChrisRiedinger
Specialized

If someone doesn't have this by tomorrow night, I'm going to be extremely disappointed.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:37 AM   #14
madrivermaz
Old Fart

Quote:
If someone doesn't have this by tomorrow night, I'm going to be extremely disappointed.
GD?, ITB73, or I will get it. Don't worry...be happy....
Old 04-13-2009, 05:55 AM   #15
Desmolitonman OP
Projectile

Thumb I could hit this one with a rock from here.(not really)

I swore I would sit out the first couple of rounds but this is making it hard. Somebody better nail this one quick.
D
Hunter S. Thompson