eats crackers in bed

Oddometer: 11,397
Nice story
the darth peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:36 AM   #47
achesley
Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 3,388
Neat report! Love the Angel Fire area up in New Mexico. Wonder if they ever repainted the sign for the Vet's Memorial Chapel up there? It needed it badly my last trip through there in '06.
Thanks for sharing.

A '00 KLR 650 38,000 miles, A '07 1250S 75,000 actual, A '03 5.3L Chevy Truck 75,000 + '43 style dude , Simper Fi ;-)
achesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:50 AM   #48
YnotJP?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,137
Dad to Tyler, "NO, NO, NO, that is 100 kph, not 100 mph, I was only going 63 mph."

Tyler to Dad, "Bull."
YnotJP? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:58 AM   #49
Big_John OP
Colorado Rider

Oddometer: 2,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by YnotJP?
Dad to Tyler, "NO, NO, NO, that is 100 kph, not 100 mph, I was only going 63 mph."

Tyler to Dad, "Bull."

Yeah....I am not telling the boys these pics are available for viewing!!!!

But hell, boys will be boys and everyone runs their bike up to some high speeds at least once in their life and blind for me to assume my boys won't. For me, I tend to do it about once a month....and I am usually far higher than 100pmh flat. Stupid....yep, but I am an adrenline junkie from time to time!!!!
Pointing the Way http://www.gracemotoadv.com
Big_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:46 AM   #50
Curtis in Texas
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 202
Great RR. The wife and I went through Red River last Summer with our KLR and had a blast exploring the trails behind Red River.

I raised my son on motorcycles and there is just something about Dad's who get to share their passion with their Sons.

My Dad raised me on one, I did the same for mine. Now he has a three year old son and we're bringing him up on them. What fun to think that some day my Son and Grandson will be able to accompany me on some Adventure Rides across country to the Mountains.

Great way to fininsh off the trip too! I was wondering if you were planning to return the pickup with a bike in back for the "rest of the story".

Most of us understand, sometimes you have to punt to win the game. And the game is to enjoy life when you can, and survuve doing it.

A note to your Sons. You are lucky young men, to have a Dad who will go to that kind of effort so you can share those rides with you when you get old enough to get your license. Savor ever moment you have with him. Even if you don't always agree with his decisions, know that he loves you, and wants to spend time with you. You see, I lost my Dad in 2001, and I would give anything to be able to take one more ride with him. I had many friends growing up who's Dads didn't have time for them. I, like you was blessed!

Curtis in Texas
Curtis in Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:43 PM   #51
Big_John OP
Colorado Rider

Oddometer: 2,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis in Texas
Great RR. The wife and I went through Red River last Summer with our KLR and had a blast exploring the trails behind Red River.

I raised my son on motorcycles and there is just something about Dad's who get to share their passion with their Sons.

My Dad raised me on one, I did the same for mine. Now he has a three year old son and we're bringing him up on them. What fun to think that some day my Son and Grandson will be able to accompany me on some Adventure Rides across country to the Mountains.

Great way to fininsh off the trip too! I was wondering if you were planning to return the pickup with a bike in back for the "rest of the story".

Most of us understand, sometimes you have to punt to win the game. And the game is to enjoy life when you can, and survuve doing it.

A note to your Sons. You are lucky young men, to have a Dad who will go to that kind of effort so you can share those rides with you when you get old enough to get your license. Savor ever moment you have with him. Even if you don't always agree with his decisions, know that he loves you, and wants to spend time with you. You see, I lost my Dad in 2001, and I would give anything to be able to take one more ride with him. I had many friends growing up who's Dads didn't have time for them. I, like you was blessed!

Curtis in Texas

Curtis, your response was pretty darn good. Matter of fact, I let my boys read it. They said...."Yep Dad, your awesome and we can't wait to do some cool rides with you." Father/Son stuff is just awesome!
Pointing the Way http://www.gracemotoadv.com
Big_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:09 PM   #52
TDBiker
TDbiker

Oddometer: 21
We have gear that we ride in that is fully padded but in the picture we just rode up the street and back for a picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben99r1
After that long ride you know the motor is good. Congrats on the new bike. If I may add something wear some knee/shin pads under your jeans it will save you from impact and rash. Ben
TDBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:42 PM   #53
Patrick46
visionary

Oddometer: 2,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurobiker
Between the wind and the wet; it would have been dangerous to ride it home- not to mention miserable.
Yea...I kinda thought this motorcycle thing was about having FUN!...or am I mistaken here??

and as for the idea of riding with your sons...My son (who just turned 18) is a VERY good rider. This makes it an absolute joy to look over and have him riding comfortably next to me...and knowing inside that he knows what he's doing, how to handle his bike with care and skill, and that there's no place else I'd rather be than with him, right here, right now. That, my friends, is a feeling that little else can touch.
This is us last summer when we (including my wife) rode out to Bonneville Speed Week. (this is the second bike that he's bought and completely modifyed by himself)

(I'm on the left )

www.artworks-unlimited.com
Patrick46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:44 PM   #54
whatsgnu
Scheissekopf

Oddometer: 279
Fathers and sons or fathers and daughters, doing things together. It's so needed these days with so many disfunctional families and messed up kids out there. Great story !
Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic.
whatsgnu is offline   Reply With Quote