Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2014, 03:18 AM   #1
zepala OP
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Pissed konvoi scam

Hi,

I saw that there are some earlier posts about negative experience with konvoi, a romanian scam business. I thought to start a new thread to warn people that they still exists and they still continue their scam. They seem to have developed an interesting strategy where they are not in rush at all to take your money, but they wait month until you are desperate to buy your panniers and you will take out the money from you pocket. Interesting enough nowdays they do not accept PayPal anymore as with PayPal nowdays you can easily claim a refund if not too much time passed.

The story in a nutshell:

I got in contact with them beginning of March. I saw on the website the bigger pannier, 45L. They said it would not be available on stock, but only smaller sizes. I answered them that I would like to order the 45L. Only two weeks after I received an answer. This time they said once I decide which size (which I clearly communicated with them in earlier email) they would send me an order form??? I wrote them further reminders about what is going on. They answered only 3rd week in May promising delivery end of June!!!! Besides this extreme nonchalance, 60% of the email was disgusting beg for pity, that they had problems with suppliers etc. etc.

I am going on a trip mid June, so could not afford to wait further. But common March, April, May, half of June... they were not able to do anything??

Well... based on what I was reading from others, this is for me a clear scam. They wanted me to pay, but told them I am ready to pay only with PayPal as they do not have any secure online paying method with credit card. They did not manage to give me clear answer if that would be possible.

People on other threads reported that they had communication problems as the guy does not speak English. Well I speak perfectly Romanian, and this Istvan, being of hungarian minority may not speak well Romanian I was in contact with a woman who had Romanian name, so language was not an issue.

So here, me myself and I got konvoyed, but luckily the lite version :) Just keep hands away...
zepala is offline   Reply With Quote