Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 10:35 PM   #6001
der_saeufer
?איפה בירה

Oddometer: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by manic mechanic View Post
Didja ever have it happen when, making a fuel stop and you leave your helmet on, then walk into the store to pay for your purchase, the clerk will want to engage you in conversation? Then you mention to them you can't hear them with your ear plugs in and they look at you strangely.
People still go into gas stations to pay for gas? (in North America, that is... I get that not everywhere in the world has card readers on the pumps)
der_saeufer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:36 PM   #6002
KG6BWS
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by der_saeufer View Post
People still go into gas stations to pay for gas? (in North America, that is... I get that not everywhere in the world has card readers on the pumps)
I do...they dont sell cigarettes out at the pump.

Justin
01 F650GS Dakar
KG6BWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:57 PM   #6003
nuttynu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 905
A bit to early to ride eh ?

nuttynu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:43 AM   #6004
Rich667
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
Im sure this has been posted like a million times but the #1 stupid question I get is something along the lines of "aren't you freezing?"

I usually try to explain with all the gear its not that cold. If someone is being friendly and or has a genuine question I usually try to answer them politely.

riding my DR here and there I get "you can ride that thing on the road?"

I have a honda sweatshirt that I wear (has big honda wing on front and my racing mumer on the back) occasionally I get ass hats that say "ha hondas suck" which I reply "what do you ride?' and then I get "what?" and I say "you know, motorcycles... this is the Honda motorcycle logo." pointing to the design.

Then I get the "why dont you ride a real bike like an H-D?" I reply: " Harley doesn't make a motocross bike now do they?" that usually shuts them up. However, I have found that most of the road pirates that actually are on a motorcycle are really cool with my bike.
Rich667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:45 AM   #6005
Storm Shadow
Thread Ninja

Oddometer: 1,489
walking through a shop with leathers helmet on, gloves, boots,

do you ride a bike do you.

no im just a safety conscious pedestrian
Storm Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:01 AM   #6006
Contevita
Cigar Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,476
I do a lot of night riding and when I get hungry I usually stop at one of the many Waffle House chains here in the south. As I pay my bill and stand there with my helmet on the counter the waitress' never seem to fail to ask me if I want a cup of coffee for the road. I just look and them and point to the helmet. Not a dumb question at all, they're just trained to ask that frequently and I do appreciate it.
Contevita is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:47 AM   #6007
willis 2000
neo-quixote

Oddometer: 2,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by slide View Post
None of the above. A fast one incites others to go fast. Beats me why but I see this often because I like to make it occur.

One of my wife's cars is a Porsche 911 (newer model). I see a bunch of sedate drivers doing about the speed limit up ahead on the freeway. Then I speed up, and cut through the pack at at least 20 mph greater than any of them were going. At least half of them will speed up to my speed.

It's not revenge - it's inspiration. I can slow down right after making this inciting move and they'll speed by me. I guess a psych may be able to explain it. I can't but I've done it plenty of times. Always works.

I don't see this as common when I'm riding but my wife's Porsche Cab does it every time.
i wanna follow ya through traffic
blow a hole
i enjoy following speeding hoopties
willis 2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:30 AM   #6008
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 6,140
Quote:
Usually I'm not going in to pay for my fuel... usually there's no receipt paper at the pump, so I'm going inside the get a receipt.

There's what people want to hear, there's what people want to believe, there's everything else, then there's the truth!
Mr_Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:04 AM   #6009
mneblett
Professional Lurker

Oddometer: 149
Last night I'm in the parking garage standing next to my RT, trunk open, digging my 'stich out.

Woman three cars away getting into her Range Rover asks: "Is that really yours?"

I normally take these in stride and respond in a way that sees whether the person is a potential rider convert, but this time I just couldn't help it:

"No, I'm just stealing it."

Translation: Just because I'm in a suit and tie, doesn't mean I'm ineligible to be one of "them."

We talked a bit more once she realized what she had said, and parted with her having learned a bit about motorcyclists.
mneblett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:09 AM   #6010
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,805
A couple of years ago I was getting off the elevator at my floor of the hospital, wearing my boots, Fieldsheer pants and jacket, and holding my gloves and helmet. A few technicians were going to the elevator to deliver medicine around the hospital, and one of them (the blonde very dingy one) asks, "Did you ride your motorcycle today?" Immediately I respond with "No, I wear this in the truck as well. Traffic on Broadway is really bad and you can never be too careful." Her eyes get really big as she meekly says "Really?"

Everyone near does this:

Even with that it took her a minute to figure out that I did in fact ride the bike.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:15 AM   #6011
SanK
Reuben-meister

Oddometer: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG6BWS View Post
I do...they dont sell cigarettes out at the pump.
SanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:18 AM   #6012
slide
A nation in despair

Oddometer: 21,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by willis 2000 View Post
i wanna follow ya through traffic
blow a hole
i enjoy following speeding hoopties
Blowing the hole is the real fun. Best is buzzing an old fart dreaming his old fart dreams while blocking the passing lane.

Now that's entertainment!
Old 03-01-2013, 08:14 AM   #6013
MikeyT
Krusty Olde Pharte™

Oddometer: 5,105
Quote:
Most stations here give a $.05/gal discount for cash. That saves me $.25-30 every fillup.

99 Shadow Spirit 1100

"Non Illegitimi Carborundum"
MikeyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:08 AM   #6014
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyT View Post
Most stations here give a $.05/gal discount for cash. That saves me $.25-30 every fillup.
I know Loves and other big travel plazas on the interstates do, but I have never seen a "normal" gas station offer a cash discount. If they did, I would use it.

Or is this something you go in and ask for?
Old 03-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #6015
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxZ View Post
I know Loves and other big travel plazas on the interstates do, but I have never seen a "normal" gas station offer a cash discount. If they did, I would use it.

Or is this something you go in and ask for?
Here in NJ, they just charge you an extra $.10/gal for using a card (though you can occasionally find a 'same price cash/credit' station).
lmychajluk is offline   Reply With Quote