Old 05-01-2013, 09:06 AM   #6316
KG6BWS
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinbanditrider View Post
http://youtu.be/7Fzb6oVF5m0

Sent from my iPhone
That right there is what impatience gets you. I know it sucks that the guy probably got hurt, but I just cant help but laugh at somebody whos so fuckin stupid.

Justin
01 F650GS Dakar
KG6BWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:07 AM   #6317
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 7,814
So, finally, I was quick with the perfect response.

After work on Monday I stop at the grocery store to pick up something to eat for dinner (Cheetos and beer) and as I'm stepping off the bike, a GORGEOUS woman (yes, way out of my league) pulls in next to me and says,"Aren't you hot in that jacket?"

And I smile and try to conjure up some George Clooney charm (by which I mean "smarm"), and say, "Thank you. You're hot, too."

And I nail it! The line freaking works!!!

We're going out on Friday night!!!

Edit: There was some further conversation inside the grocery store. It wasn't that easy to get a date.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #6318
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 8,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Gone View Post
After work on Monday I stop at the grocery store to pick up something to eat for dinner (Cheetos and beer) and as I'm stepping off the bike, a GORGEOUS woman (yes, way out of my league) pulls in next to me and says,"Aren't you hot in that jacket?"

And I smile and try to conjure up some George Clooney charm (by which I mean "smarm"), and say, "Thank you. You're hot, too."

Edit: There was some further conversation inside the grocery store. It wasn't that easy to get a date.
Winning!

Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:40 AM   #6319
Huzband
Team Dirt

Oddometer: 4,057
Quote:

Without pics, didn't happen.
'90 RM250
IBA #30344
Huzband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:51 AM   #6320
sphyrnidus
born to ride

Oddometer: 126
Give the man a chance, it ain't Friday yet..
Old 05-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #6321
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzband View Post
Without pics, didn't happen.
I'll see if she'll let me post pics, but that's a tough question to ask on a first date (on Friday).

I imagine the conversation will go something like this:

"Say.... you're smoking hot and I was wondering if I could take your picture... no, a classy one, you can keep your clothes on... unless, okay, never mind... boobs maybe... no? okay... and then I'll post it on the internet for a bunch of inmates to gawk at... no, not real prison inmates, that's just a funny name they call themselves on this website... well, it's an asylum and the inmate name stuck... yes, I do sort of find it funny... the website is for motorcycle riders.... yes, I know I promised to stop talking about my bike an hour ago... no, this isn't really about my bike... so, anyway, about a picture.... wait, come back!!! Damn."
Old 05-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #6322
ParrotheadJeff
Cultural Infidel

Oddometer: 1,232
Quote:
I'll see if she'll let me post pics, but that's a tough question to ask on a first date (on Friday).

"Say.... you're smoking hot and I was wondering if I could take your picture... no, a classy one, you can keep your clothes on... unless, okay, never mind... boobs maybe... no? okay... and then I'll post it on the internet for a bunch of inmates to gawk at... no, not real prison inmates, that's just a funny name they call themselves on this website... well, it's an asylum and the inmate name stuck... yes, I do sort of find it funny... the website is for motorcycle riders.... yes, I know I promised to stop talking about my bike an hour ago... no, this isn't really about my bike... so, anyway, about a picture.... wait, come back!!! Damn."
Old 05-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #6323
assquatch20
Hoss Cat

Oddometer: 1,096
Quote:

Now wouldn't it be wild if you end up marrying the girl?

No pressure or anything.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #6324
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,911
Quote:

Are you crazy? That's a good way to never get another date with this lady. To be clear I'm talking about the picture part of your post. The conversation part may get you a restraining order.

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:39 PM   #6325
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by assquatch20 View Post
Now wouldn't it be wild if you end up marrying the girl?

No pressure or anything.
Dude! Really? "No pressure or anything." Now I'm jinxed for certain.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:45 PM   #6326
assquatch20
Hoss Cat

Oddometer: 1,096
Quote:
Dude! Really? "No pressure or anything." Now I'm jinxed for certain.
Listen, man, learn one dish and one dessert (chicken followed by chocolate), use a beard trimmer instead of a razor for a more masculine shadow, color coordinate, shoulders back, anticipate the ebb and flow of conversation and prepare accordingly, smile shyly and act open-minded.

If there's a follow-up date, find her a helmet.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #6327
slide
A nation in despair

Oddometer: 21,122
Quote:

Try saying you are on a thread at ADV (explain what it is) and you mentioned the incident which got you a date with her to the group. Then say they are pressuring you for a pic because you told them how hot she is.

This will work and the explaining of the thread, its anecdotes and what ADV is will be good first date talk. Maybe she has always wanted to ride too.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #6328
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,449
Quote:

Sent from my iPhone
And I thought that Hardleys were the bike of choice for off road............

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #6329
jnclem
True Airhead

Oddometer: 387
Quote:

Sent from my iPhone
OK, somebody's got to say it, so let's get it over with. He should'a laid her down.
jnclem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #6330
MikeyT
Krusty Olde Pharte™

Oddometer: 5,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnclem View Post
OK, somebody's got to say it, so let's get it over with. He should'a laid her down.
Nah, they were too busy getting ready to beat the shit out of the people in the motor home.

99 Shadow Spirit 1100

"Non Illegitimi Carborundum"
MikeyT is online now   Reply With Quote