Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #7291
psychopompos
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4the.ride View Post
was asked this last week....*I ride a DRZ400 sm* after 3 hrs riding trails and dirt needed to refuel pulled up to the gas pump took off my helmet guy says wooo your a girl? I respond *last time I checked* he says and you ride a motorcycle? I just stair at him for a min than he says so you need gas? by then I just want to be back in the hills so I say look dude I can pump my gas you just go help some one ells PLEASE. he looks at my bike and asks so how fast dos it go? I just put my helmet back on and went to the next gas station.
English please.
psychopompos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:40 AM   #7292
MikeyT
Krusty Olde Pharte™

Oddometer: 5,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopompos View Post
English please.
Spelling and punctuation make a huge difference.

86 Concours
90K75RT

Non Illegitimi Carborundum

Save $5.00 when you sign up for Smugmug. Use coupon code: vqfl6p4wLXH7s
MikeyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:49 AM   #7293
Paebr332
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4the.ride
was asked this last week....*I ride a DRZ400 sm* after 3 hrs riding trails and dirt needed to refuel pulled up to the gas pump took off my helmet guy says wooo your a girl? I respond *last time I checked* he says and you ride a motorcycle? I just stair at him for a min than he says so you need gas? by then I just want to be back in the hills so I say look dude I can pump my gas you just go help some one ells PLEASE. he looks at my bike and asks so how fast dos it go? I just put my helmet back on and went to the next gas station.
Quote:
English please.
I speak jive. Allow me translate:

"During the previous seven-day period I was enjoying a pleasure ride upon my DRZ400 Supermoto. After one-eighth of a day frolicking upon unpaved pathways, I was in need of fuel in order to continue with my enjoyment. I withdrew to a refueling establishment whereupon I removed my protective headgear. The good gentlemen who was assisting the patrons in refueling their internal combustion machines exclaimed "Hark, you are of the fair gender." "Quite so Good Sir," I rejoined with some slight unpleasant tone of voice. Next he asked me the rather impertinent question: "You ride a motorized cycle?" to which I replied with an icy look of disdain. After a not too brief interlude he inquired if I was in need of petroleum distillates for my trusty machine.

The inanity of this question struck me odd, and I informed the benighted attendant that I, though of the fair sex, was more than capable of refueling my own steed. I further exclaimed "You are more than welcome to go assist another individual who may require your services." His final inquiry, which I found most annoying (perhaps the fatigue of my riding had shortened my temper) was a desire to know the maximum velocity my contraption could attain. I now determined that I would have no more consort with this fool, donned my headgear and left in search of an alternative fueling entrepot."

You're welcome.

Paebr332 screwed with this post 11-15-2013 at 05:53 PM
Paebr332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #7294
planemanx15
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paebr332 View Post

"During the previous seven-day period I was enjoying a pleasure ride upon my DRZ400 Supermoto. After one-eighth of a day frolicking upon unpaved pathways, I was in need of fuel in order to continue with my enjoyment. I withdrew to a refueling establishment whereupon I removed my protective headgear. The good gentlemen who was assisting the patrons in refueling their internal combustion machines exclaimed "Hark, you are of the fair gender." "Quite so Good Sir," I rejoined with some slight unpleasant tone of voice. Next he asked me the rather impertinent question: "You ride a motorized cycle?" to which I replied with an icy look of disdain. After a not too brief interlude he inquired if I was in need of petroleum distillates for my trusty machine.

The inanity of this question struck me odd, and I informed the benighted attendant that I, though of the fair sex, was more than capable of refueling my own stead. I further exclaimed "You are more than welcome to go assist another individual who may require your services." His final inquiry, which I found most annoying (perhaps the fatigue of my riding had shortened my temper) was a desire to know the maximum velocity my contraption could attain. I now determined that I would have no more consort with this fool, doffed my headgear and left in search of an alternative fueling entrepot."

You're welcome.
This post wins.
2003 BMW R1150RT - The new beast
planemanx15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #7295
MotoTex
Miles of Smiles

Oddometer: 1,438
In a favorite Mexican restaurant an elderly couple I've seen in there often was in the booth across from me. Hadn't spoken with them before.

The husband looks over and says to me, "I almost bought a motorcycle once."

I say, "Oh yeah?"

He says, "Yes, when I was a teenager I wanted a car and my folks wouldn't get me one, so, I found a used motorcycle for sale and told my mom I was going to buy it." pause for effect "She bought me a car the next day."

I say, "That's funny, 'cuz my first car WAS a motorcycle when I was fifteen. Been riding them for almost four decades now."

Ended with smiles all around.

This is The Internet. Confirm for yourself anything you may see while visiting this strange and uncertain land.

MotoTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #7296
SRG
SRG

Oddometer: 1,049
Paebr332 - I say, jolly good show.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:14 PM   #7297
ph0rk
Doesn't Care

Oddometer: 1,988
Quote:
Bravo!
Old 11-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #7298
sieg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,155
Quote:
English please.
What ya mean, thought we got bonus points for bad spelling and grammar here at advrdr?
Old 11-15-2013, 03:19 PM   #7299
psychopompos
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by sieg View Post
What ya mean, thought we got bonus points for bad spelling and grammar here at advrdr?
Oops, sorry, I'm a bit of a noob here. Though I'd like to think that without my comment we wouldn't have got that masterpiece from Paebr332.
psychopompos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #7300
Chad_NC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,673
Not everyone is an English major. Give the person a break, you get the idea that the guy was confused that a female was riding a dual sport bike and willing to get dirty then smell like gasoline. He was just dumb.

You got this via Crapatalk
Chad_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #7301
Sun Ray
Polyglottic Moran

Oddometer: 841
Quote:

The inanity of this question struck me odd, and I informed the benighted attendant that I, though of the fair sex, was more than capable of refueling my own stead. I further exclaimed "You are more than welcome to go assist another individual who may require your services." His final inquiry, which I found most annoying (perhaps the fatigue of my riding had shortened my temper) was a desire to know the maximum velocity my contraption could attain. I now determined that I would have no more consort with this fool, doffed my headgear and left in search of an alternative fueling entrepot."

You're welcome.
Fucking gold! Nice job.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=936940
Sun Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:09 PM   #7302
anselmo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Wicked Shakesperean translation of jive

This is great fun, but for the record, in case some impressionable soul reads and thinks this is the gold standard for English, I hereby observe that one fuels her "steed" rather than stead, and "dons" rather than doffs her headpiece upon leaving. Use of "entrepot" is perhaps ok, but typically refers to a place to export/import goods. With our increased self reliance upon oil products, perhaps another term, such as supply commissary, would be more appropriate.
Now, can you write cursive?
anselmo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #7303
anselmo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Or should that be "write in cursive"?
anselmo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #7304
Sun Ray
Polyglottic Moran

Oddometer: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by anselmo View Post
Or should that be "write in cursive"?
Good point. I caught those mistakes, not the "entrepôt" one, and sadly, I speak french. But it was quite funny and made me laugh.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=936940
Sun Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:50 PM   #7305
pdxmotorhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 429
I got one a couple weeks back in my Jeep that stopped me for a second..

Drive up to the window at the local taco shop,

Girl at window, "Why don't you have doors? Isn't that dangerous?"
Me: Depends on what hits me..
Girl at window, "I'd be scared to ride in that without doors.
Me: Well your way too young for me anyway..
Girl: Jaw drops holding out my order.
Me: Take order and drive away before I get my first dirty old man arrest..

Girl-17 ish hottie
Me 50 year old delinquent.. My 16 yr old Daughter says I haven't grown up yet..

So its not unique to motorcycles, its anything that smacks of nonconformity..

Dave