ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2009, 02:47 PM   #1
TurnerR OP
Getcha Pull

Oddometer: 280
Rod Run Pigeon Forge, TN April 16,17,18, & 19th

Anyone gonna go any of these dates? I think Friday night around midnight I may ride up or head up Saturday morning. I will be on my cbr and possibly camp. Prob take my rod and do some fishing to. Would like to meet up with some other riders if anyone will be in the area.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:59 PM   #2
Mike Honcho
Got Beaver?

Oddometer: 2,342
I was totally unaware of any activities or rod run in pigeon forge. (Honestly never heard of it but it looks pretty cool!) I was already planning a trip up through pigeon forge that weekend. As long as the weather is going to be good the SV and I are planning on heading up. I wouldn't mind some company for the trip up if you are intrested... Let me know what time you are planning on pulling out of cleveland Saturday.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:16 PM   #3
TurnerR OP
Getcha Pull

Making plans are one thing but sticking exactly to them are another. I would assume I would leave around 10 or 11. Now if you would wanna leave earlier I can give you my address and you can bang on the door so I'll get up that way I will stick to the plans. lol In all honesty I am open for anytime. If you live around cleveland I would be glad to meet up with ya. All my buddies are busy and I want to meet another inmate in person. If you would wanna camp and or fish then I would be game for that too.

If you have never been to a rod run then you need to go. Usually its pretty fun, and tons of cool cars. Be prepared to see many mullets and when the sun goes down lots of redneck bewbies pop out. Brings a good laugh.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:32 AM   #4
Mike Honcho
Got Beaver?

I am down the road around Waleska/Tate (not taint) Computer is saying 4 hours from my place to pigeon Forge. I am thinking a trip up and back down is in order for me., I have a few things that I need to handle on Sunday so camping is out for me. I will probably leave around 8-9am from my place and head out. We can meet in Murphy or I can head over to your place and beat down the door. If I head owards you I will probably show up probably sometime around 9-10ish.... I am thrilled I have to be back Sunday and will miss the "show" Let me know.....
Old 04-14-2009, 08:32 AM   #5
TurnerR OP
Getcha Pull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Honcho
I am down the road around Waleska/Tate (not taint) Computer is saying 4 hours from my place to pigeon Forge. I am thinking a trip up and back down is in order for me., I have a few things that I need to handle on Sunday so camping is out for me. I will probably leave around 8-9am from my place and head out. We can meet in Murphy or I can head over to your place and beat down the door. If I head owards you I will probably show up probably sometime around 9-10ish.... I am thrilled I have to be back Sunday and will miss the "show" Let me know.....
Works for me wild man. I can have the lady get me up nice and early since you gotta ride 4 hours one way. plus you are on more of a timeframe than I. Is cleveland out of your way? I can meet up with you wherev
Old 04-14-2009, 03:55 PM   #6
Mike Honcho
Got Beaver?

Here is what the map is showing... I could easily be persuaded to take the route through Robinsonville if needed. Here is the proposed route..

View Larger Map

Cleveland is not totally out of the way but a little. I can meet you on the out skirts of Cleveland or Murphy if you like. The tempting part is the Dragon and Skyway are right close.... map says it add three hours to the trip.... Weather looks good at this point. If you want to take a trip down the skyway we can meet in Ducktown or Tellico and head on from there. Are you rolling with a GPS or do you know your way? Sounds like you have made the trip a few times.... I will have one in tow for sure.

BTW.. the celicas will be on the dragon this weekend... I'm just saying.

Long of the short. I can leave as early as 8:00am and we can be in Pigeon Forge around 11-12 or we can arrive around 2-3pm if we run the skyway/dragon. As long as I depart around 4-5 I am good to make it home before the sunsets. I prefer to get up early and tackle the roads before all the crazy cagers get out. You have any info on were you are camping?? Is this route to far out for you?

Anybody else thinking about joining for the trip??

Old 04-14-2009, 05:11 PM   #7
TurnerR OP
Getcha Pull

I like your style. I could meet you at point B. The misses has never been on the dragon. I have never done it two up. lol. Would be fun.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...9,3.515625&z=8

I made some modifications to yours so we would run the dragon if that tickles your fancy. I love that road so I'm game anytime!
Old 04-15-2009, 04:53 AM   #8
svwayne
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 944
Tellico Plains >> Cherohala Skyway >> Robbinsville >> US129/Dragon >> Foothills Parkway is a nice route to Pigeon Forge if you are not in a hurry.

Went to this event every year from ~1976 to 1990. Do they still let the crowd line the streets for burn outs? I'm guessing in this PC day and time that doesn't occur any more.
svwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:50 AM   #9
TurnerR OP
Getcha Pull

Quote:
Originally Posted by svwayne
Tellico Plains >> Cherohala Skyway >> Robbinsville >> US129/Dragon >> Foothills Parkway is a nice route to Pigeon Forge if you are not in a hurry.

Went to this event every year from ~1976 to 1990. Do they still let the crowd line the streets for burn outs? I'm guessing in this PC day and time that doesn't occur any more.
Actually at night they will let you get a little wild. Depends the mood of the police. IF they haven't had many problems then they are pretty cool, but like anyone they will eventually lose their patience and shut that down. Some years they do and some they don't
Old 04-16-2009, 05:06 AM   #10
Mike Honcho
Got Beaver?

Turner- I am down for the route you have posted! What time at point B? 9:00am? 9:30am? Are you wanting to make a few passes at the dragon before we hit Pigeon Forge? I wouldn't mind getting a few pictures of the SV rolling the dragon for the first time this year!

Look forward to meeting you and Mrs.!!!
Old 04-16-2009, 01:47 PM   #11
TurnerR OP
Getcha Pull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Honcho
Turner- I am down for the route you have posted! What time at point B? 9:00am? 9:30am? Are you wanting to make a few passes at the dragon before we hit Pigeon Forge? I wouldn't mind getting a few pictures of the SV rolling the dragon for the first time this year!

Look forward to meeting you and Mrs.!!!
9:30 works for me. We will get it early. Now remember I am going two up on a sport bike so I may have to stretch the ole legs everynow and then....

I can't ride the dragon just once. lol. Multiple passes sounds great! I'll PM you with my number.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:47 AM   #12
Mike Honcho
Got Beaver?

I was looking at the map on goggle and did not see a store or restaurant at pin B. Is there somewhere in that area you want to meet? I do not mind sitting on the side of the road and waiting but a parking lot might be a better place to meet up.

Looking forward to the trip!!