Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2009, 02:56 PM   #46
KHVol
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,343
3 years on my FS650C and it has been absolutely problem free....
KHVol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:37 PM   #47
SATEX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hair
I ordered the replacement for my 650 this week. It should be in stock next week. I am a little concerned about the 570s fuel range. Has anyone here done the rear sub frame conversion into a gas tank?

It would be nice to hear how it is done.
Congratulations! I'm going up tomorrow to pick up my new (to me) '07 FE650E, so my garage will be lousy with 'bergs.

Regarding the '09 tanks, I think Aqualine is now making a larger (or add-on) tank. If you haven't heard about them, check out www.husaberg.org.
'03 KTM 640AdvR - Sold, and I miss her
Several other KTMs, Suzukis, etc.
SATEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:09 PM   #48
LILBIT
Ride you must.

Oddometer: 1,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHVol
3 years on my FS650C and it has been absolutely problem free....
How many hours?
LILBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:35 PM   #49
CodeMonkee
Geek Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hair
I ordered the replacement for my 650 this week. It should be in stock next week. I am a little concerned about the 570s fuel range. Has anyone here done the rear sub frame conversion into a gas tank?

It would be nice to hear how it is done.
The Auqualine tanks will be available soon.

http://www.husaberg.org/index.php?na...=tank&start=15

http://www.husaberg.org/modules.php?...view_photo.php
Not all who wander are lost
CodeMonkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:17 PM   #50
(sp?) OP
flaming ahole ;)

Oddometer: 5,352
Super Moto pics

As promised, here are some pics of my 'berg in SM trim. Papa bought baby some black shoes (Conti SM shoes)...

I used the SM kit from Husaberg and augmented it with some components I found on eBay - namely the forks and caliper setup.

just look at those long legs

the forks are 48mm WP, off of a KTM 450 SM

the caliper is Beringer, the rotor is Braking Systems

The setup came with a radial master cylinder and line.

here are some turn signals I made for the front

I made a license plate bracket for the rear to incorporate the turn signals. I tore the factory parts off on a high speed suspension test run over a speed bump.

here's the dash I made, complete with working ignition key. I've got high beam, right/left turn signals and the EFI warning light implemented now. I will likely move the Vapor to the top of the dash - it is now a bit obscured by the brake line.

more pics of the bike in enduro and motard trims in this gallery http://spowers.smugmug.com/gallery/8022960_pAiKk#P-1-25
'05 BMW R1200GS

(sp?) screwed with this post 08-18-2009 at 08:12 PM
(sp?) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:54 PM   #51
Brimstone
Super Duper n00b!

Oddometer: 613
Oooh! Me Me!

Hey guys,

Saw this Husaberg thread and just had to post... I'm currently riding a WR450F, but also have a 2005 FS650E in the garage. Factory supermoto=super fun!

Dirty pics:

Been thinking it's time to trade it in on a new one though. Thinking FE570 as I'm a dirt rider more than a road rider nowadays...

Hmm... The Husaberg's have been doing well in the Australian Safari Rallyes of late... Maybe it's time to get more of em to Dakar!

Okanagan Valley - KVR Day Trip - First RR!
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:40 AM   #52
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,625
God I want this bike, 450 or 570. Dealer is 6 hours away is my only concern.....should it be?
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:32 AM   #53
(sp?) OP
flaming ahole ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
God I want this bike, 450 or 570. Dealer is 6 hours away is my only concern.....should it be?
not with the new ones. they've had a full year or more running worldwide and I haven't seen anything myself or on the forums to warrant concern. check out www.husaberg.org for more specific information.
'05 BMW R1200GS
Old 08-19-2009, 07:03 AM   #54
(sp?) OP
flaming ahole ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone
Hey guys,

Saw this Husaberg thread and just had to post... I'm currently riding a WR450F, but also have a 2005 FS650E in the garage. Factory supermoto=super fun!

Dirty pics:

Been thinking it's time to trade it in on a new one though. Thinking FE570 as I'm a dirt rider more than a road rider nowadays...

Hmm... The Husaberg's have been doing well in the Australian Safari Rallyes of late... Maybe it's time to get more of em to Dakar!
nice looking 650

my local dealer had an immaculate one on consignment for a couple of days. the bike owner waffled and decided not to sell at the last minute. can't say as I'd blame him.
'05 BMW R1200GS
Old 03-14-2010, 07:45 AM   #55
ganshert
not sleeping

Oddometer: 8,002
bump!

I'll play

Picked this up on Friday. My local dealer has sold 3 570s this spring.

Yes that's a dealer temp tag on the back, man I love how easy it is to license a bike in Colorado

ganshert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:41 AM   #56
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,209
ganshert,
What do they require? My mom lives in Montrose. Gives me an address. Might have to come over for a visit.
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:14 AM   #57
ganshert
not sleeping

Oddometer: 8,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoeacr
ganshert,
What do they require? My mom lives in Montrose. Gives me an address. Might have to come over for a visit.
New from the right dealer not much is required.

To convert a previously "for off road use only" motorcycle you need to meet the requirements below and have it inspected by a state police officer. The inspection is new and I hear scheduling is an issue. I have a 250EXC 2 stroke that I plated through this process, it's for sale by the way I've also done an XR650R and an XR400R.

You'll need this form and a bill of sale that has "for offroad use only" on it, the inspection results, and proof of insurance.

C.R.S. 42-6-102 (15) “Roadworthy” vehicle has sufficient power and is fit to operate on the roads and highways. Vehicle is equipped with all its major parts and systems and all other equipment required by Colorado Law.

□ 42-4-205(2) Head Lamps- Every motorcycle and every motor-driven cycle shall be equipped with at least one and not more than two head lamps which shall comply with the requirements and limitations of sections 42-4-202 and 42-4- 204 to 42-4-231 and part 3 of this article where applicable thereto.

□ 42-4-206 Tail Lamps and Reflectors- Equipped with one tail lamp mounted on rear shall emit red light plainly visible from distance of 500 feet. Height measured not more then seventy-two inches nor less then twenty inches. Every motorcycle and every motor-driven cycle shall carry at least one reflector meeting the requirements of this section (5).

□ 42-4-208 Stop Lamps- All motorcycles or motor-driven cycle manufactured after January 1, 1958 shall be equipped with at least one stop lamp meeting the requirements of this section.

□ 42-4-223 Brakes- Equipped with brakes to control the movement and to stop and hold a vehicle. One wheel shall be equipped with brakes.

□ 42-4-224 Horns- Equipped with a horn in good working condition with an audible sound of two hundred feet.

□ 42-4-225 Mufflers- Adequate muffler to prevent excessive noise.

□ 42-4-226 Mirrors- Equipped with a mirror free of obstruction that views a distance of two hundred feet to the rear.

□ 42-4-228(6) Restrictions on Tire Equipment- Must be marked DOT on-road use.

□ 42-12-104(3) Special Equipment or Modifications- All original safety equipment must be in proper working condition.
ganshert is offline   Reply With Quote