User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 46 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #1606
Saget
Not quite a full house

Oddometer: 464
A friend of mine is really into these R/C paragliders. He has several of them, most powered by O.S. 40's, one electric. The chutes are about a 6' span and are hand made by a guy in Florida. I can get the info if anyone is interested. Very slow, gentle flyers, using just throttle and rudder.

2008 Kaw Connie14
2005 Kaw KLR650
Saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #1607
Tindjin
Old No. 7

Oddometer: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saget View Post
A friend of mine is really into these R/C paragliders. He has several of them, most powered by O.S. 40's, one electric. The chutes are about a 6' span and are hand made by a guy in Florida. I can get the info if anyone is interested. Very slow, gentle flyers, using just throttle and rudder.
Yea what is the company?

Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment.
--Dag Hammerskjöld
Tindjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #1608
dodgerdodger
Acountabilabuddy

Oddometer: 1,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt2turn View Post
It's time to learn a Collective Pitch heli!
So far with 5 flights there has not been any damage and only a minor crash. I am using a DX7S transmitter and have some negative pitch dialed out. My previous heli is an mCX2, so the new one is crazy fast comparatively. I was debating getting a flybarless fixed pitch or the CP. I like my choice so far.

Ah yes, the MCPx. Just got one over the holidays and am having a fricken blast learning how to fly this heli. I actually just went out and bought a fixed pitch MSRx to help learning banked turns. These things are super fun......
2009 YZ250F
2012 1/2 sherco 3.0 Cabestany
dodgerdodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:28 AM   #1609
CousinLarry
Ridin Dirty

Oddometer: 561
I'm going to go pick up the new double brushless MCPX this weekend... Yesterday was my burfday and wifey is bringing me on an RC shopping spree on Saturday
Old 02-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #1610
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!

Oddometer: 5,356
Hobbyking has them
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=30801

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=30790

Quote:

Old 02-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #1611
CousinLarry
Ridin Dirty

Oddometer: 561
I threw up a FS add for my Mikado Logo 400 helicopter if anyone is looking for a sick electric!!!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=862917
Old 02-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #1612
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!

and on the third full throttle launch in heavy sand the right rear drive shaft failed. The rears needed replacement anyway.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:10 PM   #1613
Pottz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Heng Long Tiger Tank

I am hoping one of you RC 'nutters' can help me as I have zilch experience with anything RC. I just bought the 1/16 scale Heng Long Tiger Tank via on-line (awesome model) - but it won't work....yes, batteries are fine on the control box and indicates power, I recharged the battery for the tank itself....connections all good....but nothing....I noticed that the antenna is missing from the box and there is just a brass/metal stub at the back of the tank where it is supposed to go....would this be the issue????? Hope someone can help....
Old 02-13-2013, 05:07 PM   #1614
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottz View Post
I am hoping one of you RC 'nutters' can help me as I have zilch experience with anything RC. I just bought the 1/16 scale Heng Long Tiger Tank via on-line (awesome model) - but it won't work....yes, batteries are fine on the control box and indicates power, I recharged the battery for the tank itself....connections all good....but nothing....I noticed that the antenna is missing from the box and there is just a brass/metal stub at the back of the tank where it is supposed to go....would this be the issue????? Hope someone can help....
Odds are the antenna is the issue.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:16 PM   #1615
Saget
Not quite a full house

Quote:

My friend says his all came from http://www.seabreezeparachutes.com/. He's very happy with the product and service.
2008 Kaw Connie14
2005 Kaw KLR650
Old 02-14-2013, 06:24 AM   #1616
DakarNick
Swabee

Oddometer: 6,506
Quote:
EDIT! I re-read that and noticed you said the antenna is missing completely. When I bought mine the antenna was lying in the carboard box loose. Check there first as it may not be in the styrofoam box!

Is it the FM (crystal) version of the 2.4Ghz version?

If it's the FM, check that the crystals are both seated in their sockets. Also, if you unscrew the seven, if I recall correctly, screws on the underside and disconnect the smoke tubes the top of the tank will separate from the base. Be careful not to pull on any wires.

Then you can access the turret and make sure the wire going to the antenna is terminated and not loose or broken. Trace it back to the control box inside the tank.
DakarNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #1617
gots_a_sol
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 398
Selling my Blade 120 SR and my Traxxas mini Slash

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=863160
09 Husky WR165 - VCHSS #79L
gots_a_sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:53 PM   #1618
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,173
Quote:
I have one of their PzIII models, and I do enjoy it quite a bit......however they are built to a price point.

Does the tank even power up, the lights should blink when you turn on the power switch on the tank. If you don't that is your first problem. If you do get your lights blinking you have to push the engine button to actually start the tank...after that it should go.

I run mine without the antenna on the tank all the time....while the range is not great it should go about 30-40 feet away from you.

If you still have no luck and can't send it back check out the tank forums on rcgroups.com and they might be able to help you...you might have to dig into it, I have read about loose connections inside the tank itself....I have had mine apart while is it not something I would want to do every day, you can do it if you are carefull.....they are quite fun.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:42 PM   #1619
Pottz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
I have one of their PzIII models, and I do enjoy it quite a bit......however they are built to a price point.

Does the tank even power up, the lights should blink when you turn on the power switch on the tank. If you don't that is your first problem. If you do get your lights blinking you have to push the engine button to actually start the tank...after that it should go.

I run mine without the antenna on the tank all the time....while the range is not great it should go about 30-40 feet away from you.

If you still have no luck and can't send it back check out the tank forums on rcgroups.com and they might be able to help you...you might have to dig into it, I have read about loose connections inside the tank itself....I have had mine apart while is it not something I would want to do every day, you can do it if you are carefull.....they are quite fun.
Thanks everyone for your help - no I checked that box fifty times re the antenna - and no lights blinking at all...so must be a power issue somewhere - job for tomorrow!!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 04:22 PM   #1620
Saget
Not quite a full house

As if I needed more airplanes... I just picked up these little treats from a friend who was downsizing his collection.

It's an F4U Corsair, 65" span, an ARF by Hangar 9. And, an Extra 300 built from a kit, although I haven't figured out which one yet. 58" span. Whoever built it did a nice job, but I want to make a few mods before I cover it. Primarily bigger control surfaces.

Both are supposedly sized for a .60 2-stroke. I want to go electric, and I think I want to go a little bigger. Perhaps something like this for both: http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/...esc-p-328.html

Hangar 9 says the Corsair flies well with an E-Flite Power 60, but that's because Horizon Hobby owns them. I've become rather anti-E-Flite lately. Any other suggestions for a powerplant?
2008 Kaw Connie14
2005 Kaw KLR650

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: