User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 56 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 09:13 AM   #1756
bracky72
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 919
I'm really enjoying my umx stryker. It ships with the control rods set to the most extreme position in the horns. Wow is it twitchy and responsive even at a high expo setting and 1/2 rate. But boy is it fun.
bracky72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:24 AM   #1757
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggziff View Post
Got links for these little planes?

I'm sorely tempted to buy one of those little Sbachs...I may have to unsubscribe from this thread... :)

http://www.bananahobby.com/4-ch-fms-...plane-arf.html

FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #1758
biggziff
Funk Soul Bruvah

Oddometer: 7,753
Thanks!

- Otto von Bismarck

<><
biggziff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #1759
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Both the P40 and Sky Raider fly so sweet....hopefully the weather will be good and I can test the Zero with the new radio settings.

They also look real good in the air.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:27 PM   #1760
Jimmy the Heater
Tilting the Horizon

Oddometer: 1,849
Just a little bit of advice....be careful with Banana Hobby. Not the most stand up company in my opinion. And here is a link to show that it's not just me.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1585533
Jimmy the Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #1761
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy the Heater View Post
Just a little bit of advice....be careful with Banana Hobby. Not the most stand up company in my opinion. And here is a link to show that it's not just me.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1585533
I have bought quite a few things from them...one F4 Phantom, three little 800mm planes and a larger panther....all have gone just perfect.

I also read all the horror stories and decided I would find out first hand and not take some questionable internet guy....bought a $80 plane worked great got what I wanted...ordered a
$120 plane great experence. Ordered a few more....zero problems.....just my experence....and as they are the only US game in town for FMS you buy from them or pay tons in shipping
Old 03-15-2013, 10:35 AM   #1762
CousinLarry
Ridin Dirty

Oddometer: 570
Had a nice little lunchbreak today with my GeeBee, Sbach and MCPX BL..

I wanted some pics of the MCPX hovering inverted, but never anyone to take pics for me.. So I took them myself. hahahaa... Was easier for the low shot because once in ground effect, you just have to keep the rotor disc level with the ground. The higher up one is tougher because you need to lock in your altitude hold pretty good..
Here's what I got:

Good times!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #1763
Jimmy the Heater
Tilting the Horizon

Oddometer: 1,849
FPGT I'm glad Banana Hobby worked out for you as they have great prices on most things.

I didn't have such a great experience however and won't be ordering from them again.
Jimmy the Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:10 PM   #1764
BrittC
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274
Question

Looking for opinions on a park flyer. I did a little model airplane flying 20 years ago and have been thinking about getting myself an electric park flyer that I can bring to nearby fields to mess around with while the kids are there doing sports. I've been reading and learning a bit about what's available and the ParkZone Super Decathlon seems to be a good balance of easy to fly as well as being capable enough to keep my interest as my skills progress. I don't envision spending enough time flying to become and ace pilot, but I'd like to think that I'll get into some simple maneuvers as I gain experience.

http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdID=PKZ4800

Am I on track? Are there others that I should look at? I'm sticking to kits under $200, and assume that I'll want to buy extra batteries so that I can get some good flight time while I'm out there.

Thanks!
http://britt-motorcycling.blogspot.com
BrittC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:07 PM   #1765
biggziff
Funk Soul Bruvah

Oddometer: 7,753
The only thing I'd say is that you might want something with ailerons or something that can have ailerons installed later on. Huge difference in flight envelope with ailerons. If you don't ever think you'll want to try axial rolls or tight snaps, etc then you're fine, but I always want more flexibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittC View Post
Looking for opinions on a park flyer. I did a little model airplane flying 20 years ago and have been thinking about getting myself an electric park flyer that I can bring to nearby fields to mess around with while the kids are there doing sports. I've been reading and learning a bit about what's available and the ParkZone Super Decathlon seems to be a good balance of easy to fly as well as being capable enough to keep my interest as my skills progress. I don't envision spending enough time flying to become and ace pilot, but I'd like to think that I'll get into some simple maneuvers as I gain experience.

Am I on track? Are there others that I should look at? I'm sticking to kits under $200, and assume that I'll want to buy extra batteries so that I can get some good flight time while I'm out there.

Thanks!

- Otto von Bismarck

<><

biggziff screwed with this post 03-16-2013 at 06:12 PM
biggziff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #1766
triplenickel
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,422
Quote:

Thanks!
I'm having a ton of fun with my Hobbyzone Champ, easily gotten my $89 out of it.

PG007
"Up there where you eat moose-cock you must all be rockets scientists."
triplenickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:03 PM   #1767
rockyspike
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Look at Ares Gamma 370 regular or pro version then buy the standard wing. I have one and it is ideal for an all around plane.
Quote:

Thanks!
Old 03-18-2013, 04:11 AM   #1768
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy the Heater View Post
FPGT I'm glad Banana Hobby worked out for you as they have great prices on most things.

I didn't have such a great experience however and won't be ordering from them again.
I understand that....many people had rotten experence with nitroplanes as well....and just because of what I read about banana I only bought from nitroplanes....well after nitro lost FMS (rebranded as airfield) I still wanted to get FMS planes....bought one from PW but shipping was a killer.....support was second to none however. I just decided go with a cheapie from banana and if I get burned lesson learned. Now I have not had to go back to them for anything so if something was wrong I don't know how that would go...but so far I am happy with them.

I have also had pretty good luck with HK...only getting the wrong thing once, but figured I would use it somewhere so I just kept it

This is the latest thing I have on its way from HK

Old 03-18-2013, 01:36 PM   #1769
whitham_wannabe
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 939
I had my Dakar truck out for the first time on Saturday, mostly complete except for paint. It's been a really fun little project, tried my hand at brazing for the first time for the window protection bars, and my first scratch built styrene body on the back.

Travels With Bruce : More Travels With Bruce
whitham_wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #1770
Tallbastid
Let's get tropical

Oddometer: 1,278
Bought a cheapie electric RC helicopter over the weekend on a whim, and, well, I'm hooked. Just what I need, another diet pill for my wallet. Hell of a lotta fun, though. Gonna start combing through the thread and see where I can throw money after I buy another bike.
Tallbastid is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: