Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 42 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-30-2013, 05:43 PM   #2011
Jimmy the Heater
Tilting the Horizon

Oddometer: 1,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Pilot View Post
^^^^ that plane (love mine) should come with this chair (which I also love)

Get some funny looks from the old-timers, but then again they are the ones who tell me real planes make noise (all mine are electric). Funny part is that while they are telling me this I am flying and they are sitting around BSing or tinkering with glow planes that are far more finicky (here comes the not they are not comments) than any electric I have ever messed with.
Oh hell yes! Must get one of those chairs!
Jimmy the Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:04 AM   #2012
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,123
Here are the cell pics...they really did not turn out well....It actually took the tip of the finger off...and I just stuck it back on...I was bleeding like a stuck pig wife made me go to the ER...I was happy just wrapping it up in paper towels.

FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:28 AM   #2013
biggziff
Funk Soul Bruvah

Oddometer: 7,577
Youch!

Anyone here try Discus Launched gliders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
Here are the cell pics...they really did not turn out well....It actually took the tip of the finger off...and I just stuck it back on...I was bleeding like a stuck pig wife made me go to the ER...I was happy just wrapping it up in paper towels.

- Otto von Bismarck

<><
biggziff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #2014
Buzzbomber
Not Dr. Who...

Oddometer: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggziff View Post

Anyone here try Discus Launched gliders?
I built a Quick Flick 2 from the Mountain Models kit a couple years ago. I haven't been able to fly it yet this season, but was getting some pretty good launches last year. Hard to get flights much longer than about a minute if there is no thermal activity down low, though...
Buzzbomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #2015
ReferJohn
3RD Generation Rider

Oddometer: 434
Surface r/c

Backyard shortcourse.

Indoor 1/28th RCP TRACK

Old 08-01-2013, 10:34 PM   #2016
Hay Ewe
Just a Wannabe

Oddometer: 2,433
going out to my weekender this weekend - 1/2 acre
taking my finally finished restored original Supershot and Mitsubishi Rallye Lancer kit to build

got to take some work as well so how much riding and building I dont know
standby for pics

Hay Ewe
He'd swear a lot, dance on the log cards, piss in Johnny's beer and head off to the nearest bar 🍷
Hay Ewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:43 AM   #2017
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Kinda a shame that the small cars died out a bit....always liked the mini-z....and always wanted one of their F1 or Overland cars.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:50 AM   #2018
Wannabee
Survivor of Reality

Oddometer: 2,405
The mini cars were always the most fun..I used to race HPI minis , most fun class I ever ran in ..lightning fast and you didn't have to remortgage the house to have fun

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #2019
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabee View Post
The mini cars were always the most fun..I used to race HPI minis , most fun class I ever ran in ..lightning fast and you didn't have to remortgage the house to have fun

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
I still have my HPI mini with a Miata body....4wd and real quick and nimble. Back in the day I was the only one with one and they had me race with the full sized (I guess I will call it that) 1/10 sedans....I would lose pushing matches but I was so much quicker in the twisties they finally said I could not run any longer.

The track I ran at was a carpet track....the 4wd sedans ran rubber tires, they let me run an old RC10DS with foams (I only had 2WD)....they made me stop that as well....with rubber tires I just could not keep up....but darn that car was fun. I really think that old DS was the most fun car I had.....sure miss those days.

That old RC10 buggy in the background I actually raced a few years ago....with a brushed motor geared to the moon with a 5000 bat....that thing was just amazing....extra weight helped with a washboard section, and the gearing made it very fast....I did not dump like in the old days....motor was so hot after but eh who cares....20yr old brushed motor...and it is still very strong....I just don't race it anymore.

Old 08-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #2020
XpressCS
Must. Have. Lumens..

Oddometer: 1,029
Got some stick time in last week on the slope, took out the Ridge Runt and the Easy Star (buddies).

Hoping my head clears up so I can try to get some stick time in this afternoon.

My KLR is my therapy session. My quiet time. My deep tissue massage. Me without my KLR is reason enough to be deeply concerned. It is what calms me the most. Soothes my mind. Eases my stress. -Me
XpressCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:33 AM   #2021
a65l
Wise guy, eh?

Oddometer: 1,046
Speaking of silent R/Cing.... I'm an airplane guy, but for some reason or other I took a bug and found this on CL... must say it's had a few issues but I'm having a blast... not quite as exciting as flying but still fun, and challenging...

It's all stock, other than the radio which the seller couldn't find. Rigging lines keep parting, but it is a 5 or 6 year old boat. I've re-rigged it wiht spectra line, and hopefully that will be the end of the issues...
Old 08-04-2013, 06:43 AM   #2022
a65l
Wise guy, eh?

Oddometer: 1,046
*** GRAPHIC PICS ***** stuck my finger in a prop, too...

Oh, almost forgot... I had a run-in with an APC prop a bunch of years ago. Just had a brain fart and reached thru the prop to touch a cowl cheek that looked loose. Our resident Vietnam Vet suggested CA, but I declined and went to get some stitches. Not the best idea... the doc kept numbing the wound, then he would get called away to some other emergency, and by the time he got back the lidocane had worn off. He repeated a couple times, then said that if he gave me another shot I'd get lidocane poisioning, and had the corpsman stitch it up without anesthesia. Very pleasant.
The worst thing is, all the stuff he stitched back together... basically dried up and fell off later on.

*** WARNING rather graphic pics ****

Old 08-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #2023
Hay Ewe
Just a Wannabe

Oddometer: 2,433
So, I took my restored original Supershot out to my weekender. the pics of it tired and broken are when I got, in a green paint job. It was in a pretty poor state. Paid AUD$100 for it (1:1 with US dollar at the time)

Yes, it had two Mooncraft Bigwig wheels, a gold supershot wheel and normal wheel from the other cars of the time.

This pic below is not the normal method of installing these wheels!, they used the large nut as a space, clamped the wheel tight against it.

The front aluminum uprights were all bent as well, it had a hard and abused life. I straightened these out in a vice.

I eventually got the new required parts to restore it, got new radio equipment, a body shell from Team Blue Groove and got it back together.
Mrs Hay Ewe choose the paint colours

The pics were before I started running it around the yard, then the front right lower shock mount broke - fatigue - its 25 years old some of these plastic parts and so that stopped play for the weekend. I have some spares from my Bigwig that doesn't run yet but didn't have them with me.
I have tracked down some new metal shocks in the UK that I like the look of and I think I need to experiment with different shock oil weight, the front works but I suspect that they don't rebound fast enough and so are bottomed out.

The paint scheme really stands out. I local cycling buddy has a vynil cutter 'n stuff at his business so am going to get some decals made as well.

good fun whilst it lasted!

Hay Ewe
He'd swear a lot, dance on the log cards, piss in Johnny's beer and head off to the nearest bar 🍷
Hay Ewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:54 PM   #2024
XpressCS
Must. Have. Lumens..

Oddometer: 1,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by a65l View Post
Oh, almost forgot... I had a run-in with an APC prop a bunch of years ago. Just had a brain fart and reached thru the prop to touch a cowl cheek that looked loose. Our resident Vietnam Vet suggested CA, but I declined and went to get some stitches. Not the best idea... the doc kept numbing the wound, then he would get called away to some other emergency, and by the time he got back the lidocane had worn off. He repeated a couple times, then said that if he gave me another shot I'd get lidocane poisioning, and had the corpsman stitch it up without anesthesia. Very pleasant.
The worst thing is, all the stuff he stitched back together... basically dried up and fell off later on.
I would have just CA'd it back together. They have CA bandages too. Or wrap it firmly with Blenderm tape.

--------

Went and hungout with my fellow slope jackasses today. Went out on the KLR, no more than 5 minutes after having arrived someone threw a transmitter in my hands. Got to fly one of those VTPR aerobats too, interesting airplane..

My KLR is my therapy session. My quiet time. My deep tissue massage. Me without my KLR is reason enough to be deeply concerned. It is what calms me the most. Soothes my mind. Eases my stress. -Me
XpressCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #2025
CousinLarry
Ridin Dirty

Oddometer: 559
Took my VisionAire out for a lunch time flight or six..

It was a beautiful day, very clear and warm.

Watch in full screen/HD

Running Turnigy G15/810kv and 4S. It rips, but I have a busted bearing in the motor so it's noisy and running at about 80%. New one on order..

Couple frame grabs:

CousinLarry screwed with this post 08-05-2013 at 04:37 PM
CousinLarry is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: