Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 62 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 08:20 AM   #331
merickk
Living Folk Tale

Oddometer: 10,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsman76
Great. Piss me off. I read on the net that that was going to come out alot later then it actually did. Or I would have waited. I was looking for a tailrotor motor Monday and there sits the SR. Only $40 more than a MSR. Now granted most don't think that starting with a CP heli is good. But if you read RADD's method of learning it can be done. That's what you did back in the day before electric helis and simulators. I do believe the MSR will have saved me some cash by the time I move up. Alot of th eguys that fly in the club I saw last week said the Blade SR's and 400's have alot of slop in the head that makes them harder to fly. The concinsus there was to get a Trex clone and learn with that after I'm totally board with the MSR. But all these guys have an MSR sitting next to thier 450's.

merickk, the biggest they allow in the gym is 450 so I will stick to those for now.
yea RADD's is how I learnt. I did it the hard way though, with my CP Pro. Gonna have to check out one of those SR's though.

Have you checked out the trex 250's? Those would be great for gym flying.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:32 AM   #332
Buzzbomber
Not Dr. Who...

Oddometer: 1,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by merickk
yea RADD's is how I learnt. I did it the hard way though, with my CP Pro. Gonna have to check out one of those SR's though.

Have you checked out the trex 250's? Those would be great for gym flying.
I have to admit, the T-Rex 250s look awesome, but holy $$$h1t are they $$$ by the time you put together a package with all the "good" electronics in the required size.

edit: actually it's not too bad......I must have been looking at the "SE" pricing earlier, which IS off the wall! the bling won't make me fly better anyway!
Old 03-04-2010, 08:45 AM   #333
Cumminsman76
befuddled

Oddometer: 8,491
The smaller the heli the harder to fly. There was one guy with a Trex 250 that had been flying for 9 months. He said it was like learning to fly again after his 450's. He also recommended the 450 clones and them move to the Aligns.

Save $5 on Smugmug "1alkVgTNLEuyQ"
Cumminsman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:21 PM   #334
merickk
Living Folk Tale

Oddometer: 10,901
Quote:
The smaller the heli the harder to fly. There was one guy with a Trex 250 that had been flying for 9 months. He said it was like learning to fly again after his 450's. He also recommended the 450 clones and them move to the Aligns.
Definatly. hince all the 500 references The difference between a 450 and the CP Pro is huge too. I've heard good things bout the clones and bad too. Think the main difference is the quality control of the parts. I learned especially with helis you definatly get what you pay for 99% of the time.

I figured I'd learn with the CP Pro..only $250 right.. just learning to get that damn thing in the air cost me probally the price of a trex 450 and well I've tried to blot out the memory of what happened after I actually got the CP in the air
Old 03-04-2010, 04:00 PM   #335
Cumminsman76
befuddled

If you buy a $39 heli to learn to fly on you can buy every spare part you might need for $39 bucks. Crash it a few times and them move up to a real Trex.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:55 PM   #336
cRAsH
Banned

Oddometer: 19,324

cRAsH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:58 PM   #337
Cumminsman76
befuddled

How's the bird coming along?

Old 03-04-2010, 07:04 PM   #338
cRAsH
Banned

Quote:
How's the bird coming along?

The weather is too nice to be building.
Soon...
Old 03-09-2010, 01:41 AM   #339
r00t4rd3d
ADV Rider

Oddometer: 895
I think I am gonna try a E-Flite MSR next. Found a pretty good deal on a RTF w/ 6 batteries included for $164 shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/E-Flite-Blade-mS...item4a9f05b14b

03 Honda XR250R
r00t4rd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:12 AM   #340
a$$hole
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 934
Thanks alot! After reading this damn thread Im wanting to get my blade CP out of its box and try and crash it! Last time I tried to fly it the rotors didnt seem to generate enough lift to get it in the air? Like I had the pitch wrong. Do the plasic blades weigh to much for the factory motor?
a$$hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:48 AM   #341
a65l
Wise guy, eh?

Oddometer: 1,146
Looky what the UPS guy brought me... hot off the boat from China. It'll be a couple of months before I get my hands on it, I'm over here for a little bit. But at least I have the internet...

New release from ESM models. I got this one from VQ aircraft. 96" wingspan, nice looking paint and good scale gear. I'm thinking gas 4 stroke, but I'll have to wait untill I can put my hands on the airplane to decide.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:15 AM   #342
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by a65l
Looky what the UPS guy brought me... hot off the boat from China. It'll be a couple of months before I get my hands on it, I'm over here for a little bit. But at least I have the internet...

New release from ESM models. I got this one from VQ aircraft. 96" wingspan, nice looking paint and good scale gear. I'm thinking gas 4 stroke, but I'll have to wait untill I can put my hands on the airplane to decide.
I have the VQ P-39 it is sweet, but my plane I converted to fly electric.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:31 PM   #343
tony8219
Hardcore Offroad rider

Oddometer: 101
Quote:
If you buy a $39 heli to learn to fly on you can buy every spare part you might need for $39 bucks. Crash it a few times and them move up to a real Trex.

i seen someone fly one of those trex helis upside down

check this vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CaEcwrcw9Y

and this vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFOZZ...eature=related

and this ones just screwed up rc heli explosion skip to 45 seconds in
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko8Yp...eature=related

and this may just be the best heli flyer in the world
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8t41...eature=related

tony8219 screwed with this post 03-12-2010 at 10:53 PM
tony8219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:42 PM   #344
cRAsH
Banned

Quote:
It'll be a couple of months before I get my hands on it, I'm over here for a little bit.
Oh man, that's gotta be killing you.
Quote:
96" wingspan

Does it have all the STOL gizmos like the original Storch?

Quote:
A fixed slat ran along the entire leading edge of the long wings, while the entire trailing edge, inspired by earlier 1930s Junkers "double-wing" aircraft wing control surface designs, including the ailerons, was a hinged and slotted flap.
Quote:
The Storch could be found on every front throughout the European and North African theaters of operation in World War II. It will probably always be most famous for its role in Operation Eiche, the rescue of deposed Italian dictator Benito Mussolini from a boulder-strewn mountain top near the Gran Sasso, surrounded by Italian troops. German commando Otto Skorzeny dropped with 90 paratroopers onto the peak and quickly captured it, but the problem remained of how to get back off. A Focke Achgelis Fa 223 helicopter was sent, but it broke down en route. Instead, pilot Walter Gerlach flew in a Storch, landed in 30 m (100 ft), took aboard Mussolini and Skorzeny, and took off again in under 80 m (250 ft), even though the plane was overloaded. The Storch involved in rescuing Mussolini bore the radio code letters, or Stammkennzeichen, of "SJ + LL" in motion picture coverage of the daring rescue.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:02 AM   #345
Trixie
No, not that Trixie

Oddometer: 3,471
I saw one of these fly at a collings foundation WWII reenactment. Airborne in 3 plane lengths, and it really could fly backwards into a headwind. A life-sized "Vapor" R/C plane. Amazing to watch.

Trixie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: