Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 79 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-12-2011, 07:48 PM   #571
duanew1
In my Pajama pants

Oddometer: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
I still have ALL my old stuff, never sold any of it.....I got this out for a vintage run a few years ago...how is this for a blast from the past....you can also see behind the RC10DS the RC10...both where done from original gold tubs years ago...the losi was not a bad car even today....just fragile.

Love the Gold Tubs!

I got into racing a few months ago and like it alot. I don't have to win to have fun. I race 1/8 buggy so there is some fast guys out there. Today I dusted off my gold tub RC10 and put a brushless system in it. I have been looking around and found out that you can still get most parts for it on TowerHobbies. RPM even has some arms of their own design for it. This is crazy, but I love it. I got this car back in 1989.
2008 SYM HD200
duanew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:10 AM   #572
Dragan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
tanks for the memories

I'm old....slow reaction times mean slow R/C fun
http://youtu.be/ezeCMoxxTRM

Dragan screwed with this post 07-13-2011 at 08:10 AM Reason: Forgot the damn link!
Dragan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:22 AM   #573
Wannabee
Survivor of Reality

Oddometer: 2,447
Dragan,
That is badass ! I have always wanted to build on , never had the time or space , that maybe an idea for this winter !
Old 07-13-2011, 08:40 AM   #574
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by duanew1 View Post
Love the Gold Tubs!

I got into racing a few months ago and like it alot. I don't have to win to have fun. I race 1/8 buggy so there is some fast guys out there. Today I dusted off my gold tub RC10 and put a brushless system in it. I have been looking around and found out that you can still get most parts for it on TowerHobbies. RPM even has some arms of their own design for it. This is crazy, but I love it. I got this car back in 1989.
Checkout RC10talk.com....everything you ever wanted to know about vintage TA cars. They even have stuff for the old RC300,500 stuff like that...the things that hooked me into racing YEARS ago.

I never really cared if I won or lose, it is just the people that you race with that can make or ruin it for you. There is a "click" and they are pretty hard core..I will not pass if it is not clean...I don't push it, these people (and they are VERY good...national level good) push the issue and will have no problems puttting you or a new 10yr old kid into the wall just to get by you if they mess up....just too hard core...you are that much faster just wait for the clean pass.

A while ago I ran the RC10 at a practice night...with all vintage stuff execpt tires and batts. It did real well...I could gear it pretty hot and not worry about battery dumping...but that old brushed motor was pretty toasty. But it would keep up with the newer buggies...the local indoor track is pretty tight so it could use some wider arms..and there are mods out there for that....if I ever get back into racing (and I am thinking about giving it a try again) I will run the old car....they even let me run the DS with foam tires in the touring car class (they had to run rubber) and it did not too bad....I just love that car it is so much fun.

Here is the RC10DS with the Trans Am Body.

I have been thinking about dusting off all my old stuff and snapping some pics....with it being 100 deg outside with 90% humidity it is a good time for indoor projects.

FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:20 PM   #575
Dragan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabee View Post
Dragan,
That is badass ! I have always wanted to build on , never had the time or space , that maybe an idea for this winter !
I've got the Pershing and a Leopard as well. The Leopard is very cool too; the turbine sounds amazing. Also much quicker than the Pershing, etc. The Pershing was my first build, so I really went for everything...metal tracks, full in weathering etc. Still my favorite.

They are a great winter build...very complex, LOTS of parts. If I remember correctly, the Pershing took almost four months of weekends to put together
Dragan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:03 PM   #576
Wannabee
Survivor of Reality

I grew up building r/c kits , Tamiya was and still is the best. I am gonna look into these , since a recent health issue has left me disabled, maybe this can pass sometime.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:46 PM   #577
2whlrcr
gooligan

Oddometer: 5,928
My only real RC car was a gold tub RC10. It doesn't seem that long ago and now they're vintage.
2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:07 PM   #578
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!

Oddometer: 5,484
Let us not for get winter time RC

http://vimeo.com/18219753
Old 07-14-2011, 06:55 AM   #579
Wannabee
Survivor of Reality

Those are awesome 02TAC ! My buddy had a nitro one , that thing would haul , loads of fun.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:03 AM   #580
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabee View Post
I grew up building r/c kits , Tamiya was and still is the best. I am gonna look into these , since a recent health issue has left me disabled, maybe this can pass sometime.
I agree they do make the best and most realistic (kits) perhaps not the best race cars but the best kits. They also have what many car RE-RE's re release of original cars from the early 80's. You can build the sand scorcher or baja bug and it is just like the original....metal parts and everything. New battery tech and such make these cars much more fun. I would look into those if you loved building rc kits when you where a kid. When I was off from my sugery I built a Tamiya Mini....great fun and kept my hands busy. For a big project look into one of the tamiya tanks....a little spendy but if you love model making check them out.

I don't know if you are intrested but many tracks now have wheel chair access (don't know if you are in a chair or not...just tossing that out there) and the track I use to go to has some VERY nice access, and when I was racing we had a few people in chairs running. I did it when I was not fully up and about. It keeps your mind active...and it is so much fun tuning on the cars.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:01 AM   #581
Velour Fog
Pants optional

Oddometer: 100
When I was living in Melbourne and Perth I used to race nitro RC, both 1/8 buggies and truggies.
Here is a pic of one of my buggies at a country meet in victoria. Was pretty wrapped they put on the website.

By scotty2dogs at 2007-12-23
Old 07-17-2011, 07:41 AM   #582
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!

Spent a bit of time the other day installing a Hobbywing BL system in the old Bandit. Also put some paddles onit for beach use.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:24 AM   #583
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02TAC View Post
Spent a bit of time the other day installing a Hobbywing BL system in the old Bandit. Also put some paddles onit for beach use.

So many of the "hardcore" people poo-poo traxxas stuff, but they are some of the most rugged cars out there. When I was still running 1/10 nitro trucks I ran a rustler, (the electric truck was a RC10T2) and that rustler had more grip then many of the other trucks out there...it just ate up the bumps.

RC racing is great fun...but it can get expensive.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:00 PM   #584
SgtMike
facebook.com/mikeraces

Oddometer: 1,134
New Body for my 2wd Short Course Truck!

Pro-Line has some great accessories. Upgraded my shocks, wheels/tires and just got the Flo-Tek Body!
Loads of fun, Traxxas 2wd Slash.

SgtMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:04 PM   #585
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!

Updates - The Bandit is not the Beach toy. The HW system has enough power (on 2S) to pull wheelies in the sand!

Click pic for video

Took one of the Pede's (HW 60 amp systems and 3650 3200KV motor) and the MERV to the skate park yesterday. You do the math. Forgot teh regular camera though. Next time will be better pics and video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRaLhIpVVh8

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: