ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 39 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 01:07 PM   #61
bsumpter
Yamazuki
 
bsumpter's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: East Tennessee
Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy
Hey, look what I found. Too expensive for me though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110381163877
Wow - that is quite expensive. But being NIB, I would imagine someone will buy that at some point. I bet finding these in new condition is getting few and far between nowadays.
__________________
2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom
2008 Yamaha WR250X
2008 KTM 200XCW
bsumpter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:09 PM   #62
bsumpter
Yamazuki
 
bsumpter's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: East Tennessee
Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzz
Finally, a Ducati that is affordable

Thunder Tiger Ducati Desmosedici 1/5 Nitro







Oh, they have an electric version also
Thunder Tiger Ducati 999r Testastretta 1/5 Electric
I actually had this bike for about a year. It is great fun, and quite a bit different from driving R/C cars. You kind of slam an R/C car around w/ throttle, brakes and steering. The bikes you politely ask to turn and wait for them to decide to follow your suggestion.

Great fun, but it wasn't being used so I ended up moving it on eBay.
__________________
2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom
2008 Yamaha WR250X
2008 KTM 200XCW
bsumpter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:23 PM   #63
bsumpter
Yamazuki
 
bsumpter's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: East Tennessee
Oddometer: 46
A few videos I made when I was flying regularly (right click, Save As):

http://emediadesigns.com/videos/Shri...asaki-DivX.avi
http://emediadesigns.com/videos/Ultr...3-YS45-VCD.mpg
http://emediadesigns.com/videos/Ultr...-YS63-DivX.avi
__________________
2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom
2008 Yamaha WR250X
2008 KTM 200XCW
bsumpter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:24 PM   #64
Curvy
Lost Planet Airman
 
Curvy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Reno County Kansas
Oddometer: 8,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsumpter
Wow - that is quite expensive. But being NIB, I would imagine someone will buy that at some point. I bet finding these in new condition is getting few and far between nowadays.

Dang!

I'd take $300 for mine.
__________________
Memories stalk my dreams and torture my tattered old soul.
Curvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:19 PM   #65
Guzz
Gutless wonder
 
Guzz's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2002
Location: Tempe AZ, USA
Oddometer: 4,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsumpter
The bikes you politely ask to turn and wait for them to decide to follow your suggestion.
Wow, kinda like the GS when off road
Guzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:20 PM   #66
Guzz
Gutless wonder
 
Guzz's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2002
Location: Tempe AZ, USA
Oddometer: 4,879
Oh this was funny as hell!! (Turn up the volume, btw)



Stupid, but funny.
Guzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:50 PM   #67
Jeffy
Hmm...
 
Jeffy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: SF - East Bay
Oddometer: 4,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzz
Oh this was funny as hell!! (Turn up the volume, btw)






Stupid, but funny.
Utter disappointment! The title reads;

Japenese Game: Don't Ram The Boobs Part 2
__________________
"I'm going to shift gears now.... This will involve man touching." - Jeremy Clarkson
Jeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:39 AM   #68
buhbeze
noncents
 
buhbeze's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: NY(LI)
Oddometer: 147
Man this thread brings back a lot of memories. I had a couple of trucks when I was younger, then started getting into gliders and planes, which didn't go too well. I have always wanted a R/C copter but haven't give in yet, too worried about wrecking it I guess. I did master this game a while ago though, which I would think is pretty good training, seemed just like handling a a real one with the two sticks:




Those motorcycles are really cool, I love how they actually have the little chains and mufflers. I imagine they must be hard not to lay down through turns though, but probably nowhere near as difficult as a copter. That micro one in the vid above would sure be cool to mess around with.

I just found this little guy, any good for a beginner?

http://www.towerhobbies.com/products.../hmxe0802.html
__________________

buhbeze screwed with this post 05-13-2009 at 06:56 AM
buhbeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:12 AM   #69
Jeffy
Hmm...
 
Jeffy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: SF - East Bay
Oddometer: 4,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhbeze
Man this thread brings back a lot of memories. I had a couple of trucks when I was younger, then started getting into gliders and planes, which didn't go too well. I have always wanted a R/C copter but haven't give in yet, too worried about wrecking it I guess. I did master this game a while ago though, which I would think is pretty good training, seemed just like handling a a real one with the two sticks:




Those motorcycles are really cool, I love how they actually have the little chains and mufflers. I imagine they must be hard not to lay down through turns though, but probably nowhere near as difficult as a copter. That micro one in the vid above would sure be cool to mess around with.

I just found this little guy, any good for a beginner?

http://www.towerhobbies.com/products.../hmxe0802.html
Actually that was pretty good game. There are several free trainers out there that are a bit more model specific.

As a beginner, you might want to try a heli with fixed collective or even easier, one with coaxial blades (counter-rotating blades) as these are more stable. The problem with the smaller heli's is that they are rather twitchy. Also, the micro class are indoors only. Any wind/breeze/fart could through them out of control.

You might check out this site as it had a better selection of heli's.

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/rc_helicopters_89_ctg.htm
__________________
"I'm going to shift gears now.... This will involve man touching." - Jeremy Clarkson
Jeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:59 AM   #70
Rafiki
Some Dude
 
Rafiki's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Petersburg, NJ
Oddometer: 1,735
any guesses as to what I have here?



there is that and my Prather lap cat 3 running a K&B .82 outboard for the fun on the lake...
__________________
'94 XR650L ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"Monkey killing Monkey over pieces of ground.
Silly monkeys give them thumbs.
They make a club, And beat their brother down."
Rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:02 PM   #71
Cumminsman76
befuddled
 
Cumminsman76's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Where the bikes parked. STL
Oddometer: 8,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafiki
any guesses as to what I have here?



there is that and my Prather lap cat 3 running a K&B .82 outboard for the fun on the lake...
HPI Savage?
__________________
STURGIS ride report.
2009 R1200 Gelände/Straße Abenteuer
A GS is like chlamydia, it grows on you whether you want it to or not. WhiteManFlail

Save $5 on Smugmug "1alkVgTNLEuyQ"
Cumminsman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:10 PM   #72
Cumminsman76
befuddled
 
Cumminsman76's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Where the bikes parked. STL
Oddometer: 8,451
If you like the Thunder Tiger Ducatis you should see the Nuova Faor SF506. Carbon Fiber frame and front brakes.
__________________
STURGIS ride report.
2009 R1200 Gelände/Straße Abenteuer
A GS is like chlamydia, it grows on you whether you want it to or not. WhiteManFlail

Save $5 on Smugmug "1alkVgTNLEuyQ"
Cumminsman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:13 PM   #73
Rafiki
Some Dude
 
Rafiki's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Petersburg, NJ
Oddometer: 1,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsman76
HPI Savage?
+1

but the only things left that are HPI are the skid plates and bumpers
__________________
'94 XR650L ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"Monkey killing Monkey over pieces of ground.
Silly monkeys give them thumbs.
They make a club, And beat their brother down."
Rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:16 PM   #74
Cumminsman76
befuddled
 
Cumminsman76's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Where the bikes parked. STL
Oddometer: 8,451
This would be fun for clearing snow off a driveway.

__________________
STURGIS ride report.
2009 R1200 Gelände/Straße Abenteuer
A GS is like chlamydia, it grows on you whether you want it to or not. WhiteManFlail

Save $5 on Smugmug "1alkVgTNLEuyQ"
Cumminsman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:24 PM   #75
buhbeze
noncents
 
buhbeze's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: NY(LI)
Oddometer: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy
Actually that was pretty good game. There are several free trainers out there that are a bit more model specific.

As a beginner, you might want to try a heli with fixed collective or even easier, one with coaxial blades (counter-rotating blades) as these are more stable. The problem with the smaller heli's is that they are rather twitchy. Also, the micro class are indoors only. Any wind/breeze/fart could through them out of control.

You might check out this site as it had a better selection of heli's.

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/rc_helicopters_89_ctg.htm
Yeah it was and hard too, I was hooked on that for a while back then. Also just noticed it's made by Shiny and posted in shiny things ooooeeeeeooooh!

Thanks for the link, I would think that Tower would have a lot more from the huge books I used to get from them. I am surprised they are so cheap nowadays too, I remember them being expensive but I guess those would be the pro kits. I would definitely like one that I could take outside, though. I will look into it, could be a cool new hobby to get into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsman76
This would be fun for clearing snow off a driveway.
Oh yeah! Really could have used one of those last winter when we got snowed in pretty good once.
__________________
buhbeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014